By jlmancuso, Account currently disabled on 24th December 2014, 02:56 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
TeamBanner

About ROM

Credits
From our lead dev:

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkSlinger420 View Post
This started as my personal project..I was looking to start something that was exactly what I wanted on my nexus 7 instead of either a rom with a bunch of features you need a search to find (not that theres anything wrong with that, just not my cup of tea), or too light where i needed a module to get it (not that theres anything wrong with that either). It is very early in, but I and my team are trying to make this a enjoyable project and keep it updated as best we can regularly. Keep it friendly, or GTFO.....Thanks guys..

Thanks to Slim for the best base...and anyone (person or team) who has helped me along the way..

Installation Procedure

Make sure you are on twrp 2.8.0.0 or Philz 6.07.9
Then
1. Backup internal sdcard to pc
2. Factory reset
3. Wipe/format internal sdcard
4. Reboot recovery (very very important step)
5. Install rom
6. Boot rom
7. Boot into recovery
8. Flash Gapps

How to update. I always suggest a clean install and will not help with any issues from a dirty flash but if you choose to dirty flash please follow the instructions below for best results. AGAIN ANY ISSUES RESULTING FROM DIRTY FLASH WILL BE YOURS TO FIX.

1. Backup current rom
2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
3. Flash 1.3
4. Flash gapps
5. Reboot and enjoy

Downloads

Downloads have been removed. New builds will no longer be supported here on xda but any questions about older builds will be answered.

Changelog

*UPDATES*
They show when they show, Gonna try to keep it regular, like Bran

XDA:DevDB Information
BrokenOs, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
CrackerTeg, Inkslinger420
ROM OS Version: 5.0.2 Lollipop
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v 1.0
Stable Release Date:

Created 2014-09-21
Last Updated 2014-10-19
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlmancuso Ad-Free

24th December 2014, 02:56 PM |#2  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,855

Donate to Me
More
Extras

Shift-lollipop kernel (thanks to Brett Rogers)
Kernel source -- https://github.com/rogersb11/Shift
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620392493

GPS Fix
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717069228

SuperSU
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlmancuso Ad-Free
24th December 2014, 02:58 PM |#3  
Flag houston, tx

Donate to Me
More
I am testing the newest build right now as it is uploading so if you open the download folder and dont find 5.0.2 right away just check back in 10 mins and it should be up.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlmancuso Ad-Free
24th December 2014, 10:13 PM |#4  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Awesome, cant wait to try in the morning, jlm can you point me in the right direction where I can find twrp 8.0 TeamWin is not showing an update for our device (l900).......tytyty
I am running Philz 6.07.9 if thats your preferred recovery. Which would you recommend.
24th December 2014, 11:51 PM |#5  
Flag houston, tx

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanmeister

Awesome, cant wait to try in the morning, jlm can you point me in the right direction where I can find twrp 8.0 TeamWin is not showing an update for our device (l900).......tytyty
I am running Philz 6.07.9 if thats your preferred recovery. Which would you recommend.

6.07.9 works best. if you want to use twrp the link is in the twrp thread.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlmancuso Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 07:29 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Flashed per instructions with Philz 6.07.9.
GPS works great after fix.
Hotspot works great.

I was getting a lot of reboots when I first flashed, but I wiped caches and installed the Shift Kernel, and that seemed to have that fixed it for a while. But now I'm getting constant reboots. When it boots, as soon as the screen times out and dims, it reboots. Perhaps I changes some setting, or restored something with Titanium that I wasn't supposed to...

If I power off the phone with the power plugged in, I get the battery icon, and I need to pull the battery in order to reset the phone. But it also does this on the LiquidSmooth 5.01.

Otherwise, it looks great (love the boot animation) and looking forward to its maturity.
26th December 2014, 03:37 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by resarfekim

Flashed per instructions with Philz 6.07.9.
GPS works great after fix.
Hotspot works great.

I was getting a lot of reboots when I first flashed, but I wiped caches and installed the Shift Kernel, and that seemed to have that fixed it for a while. But now I'm getting constant reboots. When it boots, as soon as the screen times out and dims, it reboots. Perhaps I changes some setting, or restored something with Titanium that I wasn't supposed to...

If I power off the phone with the power plugged in, I get the battery icon, and I need to pull the battery in order to reset the phone. But it also does this on the LiquidSmooth 5.01.

Otherwise, it looks great (love the boot animation) and looking forward to its maturity.

To try to help with the reboots, i have read in other 5.0 Roms when you first turn it on you need to turn on Wi-Fi before the screens goes black. You should be fine after that and can then turn off the Wi-Fi.
The Following User Says Thank You to shuka325 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shuka325 Ad-Free
27th December 2014, 09:22 PM |#8  
Flag Denton,TX
Thanks Meter: 98

More
root
how do i get root on this? this one seems alot better then liquid smooth lollipop.but cant root?
27th December 2014, 11:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummkiper

how do i get root on this? this one seems alot better then liquid smooth lollipop.but cant root?

I think you can download supersu from Google play and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app
28th December 2014, 07:07 AM |#10  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Having some issues with the lollipop Roms. Hope I can ask here since this is my fav. Keep having dialer force close. Tried reflashing, clearing cache etc. Was working when I first flashed but then when I flashed aicp it started. Also my sprint connection shows ! a lot of the time. What could be the reason for this? On CDMA+LTE/evdo

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Just noticed I don't have root myself. Tried installing SuperSU and it said I don't have su binary installed. In philz I notice it says do u want to root when leaving recovery. I will try that to see if it kicks into play.

Edit: Tried going into philz settings and re rooting. It says install SuperSU from market. Did that and it freezes showing nothing but black screen. Maybe this is causing my other issues.

28th December 2014, 12:01 PM |#11  
Flag Denton,TX
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Same here with root, tried with recovery and super Su freezes.super user did nothing.I tried with Dr ketans kit and that didn't work either.after I tried all the root methods the signal started showing ! And stayed that way til I reinstalled.But not having root is my main issue.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread