Service Ticket from Samsung, Can you help me figure this out?

Search This thread

bepatientw/me

Aug 18, 2013
Original Problem:
INSTALLATION - CALL QUALITY (RX/TX) - POOR SIGNAL

Problem found:
IF/CHARGING PORT - DAMAGE FWT - NO PCS SERVICE - NO PCS SERVICE

Solution:
REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED LCD - REPLACED TOUCHPANEL - REPLACED PBA

Here's why I sent it back to Sammy: I couldn't get a signal bar from a sprint tower ANYWHERE. No Data at all. No 3g, 4g, and the signal bar had a zero with a line through it. Funny thing? Roam got me a signal bar off a sprint tower...Dropped the phone on the charging cable and I think it messed up the usb charging/data port because I moved the cable a little and it would connect or disconnect, but it worked using another cable, no problems. Data Transfer/Charge etc. LCD screen and touchpad were EXCELLENT...So what's with all this stuff they did? I mean I am grateful, didn't cost me a dime (under warranty) but what's it all mean? BTW Sammy is the BEST! Even paid shipping there and back!

patrao_n

Dec 17, 2010
san diego
Original Problem:
********This is what you told them.
Problem found:
********after testing they concluded you cannot get signal just like you said. Also your charging port was malfunctioning.
Solution:
*********some component was changed. Unknow without specs. Lcd and digitizer was replaced. The bottom buttons portion was replaced. Also your mainboard was replaced.

Next time you dont know I encourage you to search. You can use google. I find it much more reliable than the xda search function.

sent from my Provari with a mini rda!

bepatientw/me

Aug 18, 2013
Original Problem:
********This is what you told them.
Problem found:
********after testing they concluded you cannot get signal just like you said. Also your charging port was malfunctioning.
Solution:
*********some component was changed. Unknow without specs. Lcd and digitizer was replaced. The bottom buttons portion was replaced. Also your mainboard was replaced.

Next time you dont know I encourage you to search. You can use google. I find it much more reliable than the xda search function.

Patrao_n,Thank you so much! Trust me, I did Google the hell out of it and even got some basketball game called PBA...lol But NOTHING as definitive as you just gave me here. I still don't know why the LCD and Digitizer and touchpanel was replaced? Hmmm. I can see the charging point, but all that other stuff? WOW... Those guys are thorough...My gratitude to you..

patrao_n

Dec 17, 2010
san diego
No problem

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Also they could have broken a ribbon cable or something on the screen and touchpanel while servicing. Which would explain why it was replaced.