[Q] Stock 4.4.2 OC Kernel

Search This thread

wavv.drama

Mar 15, 2014
Montreal
Hi everyone,

I've just gotten the T889 and have been trying to find a kernel that would run TW (in my case stock 4.4.2 already rooted with philz touch recovery) and I'm trying to find a kernel that would permit OC. I tried devil dual -----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2239453 "[Kernel] Devil2-2.3.2 [4.3/4.4] - Linaro 4.8.3 - Dualboot - 02/01" but my phone doesn't boot after flashing.. which leads me to believe that it only works with stock 4.3 (and others). My question would be if anyone is aware of a kernel that would work with stock 4.4.2 that would allow OC'ing. I have looked for one but haven't had a chance to find one, so if anyone could suggest anything, it would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

kozmo21

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2010
Hi everyone,

I've just gotten the T889 and have been trying to find a kernel that would run TW (in my case stock 4.4.2 already rooted with philz touch recovery) and I'm trying to find a kernel that would permit OC. I tried devil dual -----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2239453 "[Kernel] Devil2-2.3.2 [4.3/4.4] - Linaro 4.8.3 - Dualboot - 02/01" but my phone doesn't boot after flashing.. which leads me to believe that it only works with stock 4.3 (and others). My question would be if anyone is aware of a kernel that would work with stock 4.4.2 that would allow OC'ing. I have looked for one but haven't had a chance to find one, so if anyone could suggest anything, it would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

There is no official stock 4.4.2 ROM for the t889... yet. But, if you're on a 4.4.2, you can use Agni kernel. Here is link to thread... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602053

Last edited:
Reactions: wavv.drama

wavv.drama

Mar 15, 2014
Montreal
There is no official stock 4.4.2 ROM for the t889... yet. But, if you're on a 4.4.2, you can use Agni kernel. Here is link to thread... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602053

Thank you for the info! I guess I should have specified (my mistake) I'm using the T889V, a Canadian variant and the update is available through the SamMobile's firmware site. I wonder, TW 4.4.2 would work with the link you've posted?

Thank you again!

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
Thank you for the info! I guess I should have specified (my mistake) I'm using the T889V, a Canadian variant and the update is available through the SamMobile's firmware site. I wonder, TW 4.4.2 would work with the link you've posted?

Thank you again!

It should. At the bottom of the 1st post of that thread it has supported devices...
Installer zip SUPPORTED Devices : t0lte, t0ltedv, N7105T, t0lteatt, SGH-I317, t0ltetmo, SGH-T889, t0ltecan, t0ltevl, SGH-I317M

Reactions: wavv.drama

wavv.drama

Mar 15, 2014
Montreal
It should. At the bottom of the 1st post of that thread it has supported devices...
Installer zip SUPPORTED Devices : t0lte, t0ltedv, N7105T, t0lteatt, SGH-I317, t0ltetmo, SGH-T889, t0ltecan, t0ltevl, SGH-I317M

Sir, I thank you kindly for the advice and letting me know about this kernel. It's the first one that has actually booted and the Agni Control is amazing.. so much customization.

Again, thank you!

Reactions: kozmo21

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
Sir, I thank you kindly for the advice and letting me know about this kernel. It's the first one that has actually booted and the Agni Control is amazing.. so much customization.

Again, thank you!

This is the best kernel I've used since I got my note 2 almost 2 years ago. I wish this was available back with 4.1.2.

Be careful with undervolting, that's the only thing that my phone doesn't like. It will hang and need a battery pull. I just leave it with no UV, and all is good. I don't have any problems getting through a day with battery, so no real need to UV.

Good luck going forward :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Again, thank you!

This is the best kernel I've used since I got my note 2 almost 2 years ago. I wish this was available back with 4.1.2.

Be careful with undervolting, that's the only thing that my phone doesn't like. It will hang and need a battery pull. I just leave it with no UV, and all is good. I don't have any problems getting through a day with battery, so no real need to UV.

Good luck going forward :good:
    Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Thank you again!

Again, thank you!