Latest Modem and Kernel from COH4 update

Search This thread

kozmo21

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2010

James62370

Feb 22, 2007
Was there an OTA for T-Mobile? I'm currently on a AOSP Rom.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
Was there an OTA for T-Mobile? I'm currently on a AOSP Rom.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yeah, but you need to be on a stock ROM to get the OTA, or you can download the whole ROM from sammobile.com. It's a security fix for stagefright. I just wanted to try the new modem and see if it made any difference. I won't be able to test the kernel, since I switch back and forth between a 4.4.4 TW ROM and 5.1 CM ROM.

xamindar

Apr 8, 2012
Warning, don't flash this modem. I did and it killed my baseband. I tried flashing 3 other roms which wouldn't even finish booting to my phone before I finally realized it and flashed my original modem back and all was working again.

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
Warning, don't flash this modem. I did and it killed my baseband. I tried flashing 3 other roms which wouldn't even finish booting to my phone before I finally realized it and flashed my original modem back and all was working again.

Working fine on mine. Did you maybe get a bad download? You could maybe try downloading again?

Which modem did you go back to?

Attachments

• tmp_986-Screenshot_2015-11-29-11-00-16-1560421595.png
    tmp_986-Screenshot_2015-11-29-11-00-16-1560421595.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 709

James62370

Feb 22, 2007
Flashed fine and so far no issues. Previous user might have a bad download or different device.

wogeboy

Feb 25, 2012
Atlanta
Flashed via TWRP today.. I had no service after reboot but did another restart and it was working.
Don't know if its any better than the previous modem version but will give it a try. thx

tsiah

Aug 17, 2009
My wife's note 2 got this OTA and now the phone won't even turn on....:crying:

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
My wife's note 2 got this OTA and now the phone won't even turn on....:crying:

You caused the problem when you altered the stock ROM. From your thread about it here (http://xdaforums.com/note-2-tmobile/help/recent-tmo-ota-update-bricked-wifes-t3245890), you said "Had her note 2 with stock 4.3, Rooted it last year to titanium backup and uninstall a couple bloatware apps. " This is what caused your problem. It was no longer a stock ROM when you remove apps. I know it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but it is, and you found out unfortunately :(

Reactions: tsiah

tsiah

Aug 17, 2009
You caused the problem when you altered the stock ROM. From your thread about it here (http://xdaforums.com/note-2-tmobile/help/recent-tmo-ota-update-bricked-wifes-t3245890), you said "Had her note 2 with stock 4.3, Rooted it last year to titanium backup and uninstall a couple bloatware apps. " This is what caused your problem. It was no longer a stock ROM when you remove apps. I know it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but it is, and you found out unfortunately :(
That's kinda what I was thinking had happened.
I suppose I shouldn't blame the OTA. I just noticed someone else had issues with it too.

wogeboy

Feb 25, 2012
Atlanta
question:
I flashed the C0H4 modem on note 2 (nameless lollipop rom) seems ok...
DO I have to also flash the Kernel ? is there an advantage to flashing the kernel? thx

IoannesVincentii

Feb 17, 2016
Hello! Thanks for this! I flashed this over TWRP 2.8.7.1, and wiping my dalvik cache. My phone's originally T889UVALK8 (16gb SGH-T889 t0ltetmo) and the signal drops but after flashing this (C0H4) the signal greatly improved, although I'm having some signal instability since I'm supposed to have full bars because my house is just in line of sight, 2km from the tower. Also I think I'll do a clean install of another custom ROM since I'm using the CM12.1 t0lte nightly, and maybe this affects my signal (I know I'm stupid for doing it but it works).

Welp. After rebooting, the phone lost signal again. I have to do a wipe of dalvik cache to restore my signal. I guess I'll try using another ROM instead.

Upodate: I may be experiencing hardware issues. I have yet to flash back to stock since my phone's signal drops. I can't flash the firmware because it says 'zip signature verification failed.'

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts