FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][CM12][5.0.2][20150602][SaberMod] CM12+ Unofficial Build *** SUPER FAST ***

1,007 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,709

By wilson3q, Senior Member on 12th January 2015, 12:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to wilson3q's CM12 Unoffical Build!

As requested by some users, I started to build cm12 for I605. I don't own a I605, please help to test. If you like my work, you can donate here.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for bad things that happen as a result of flashing this.

My kernel source is standard cm12 kernel without any modifications.

SaberMod tool chain source is HERE.

All the rests are pretty standard cm12 stuffs, except a few patches I applied on top of them.

[Download]

ROM (please don't mirror):
build - 20150513
build - 20150602

Gapp:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ition-t2943330

Recommended launcher:
Nova Launcher (really like its JB zoom app animation, hate L slide up animation)

Recommended theme:
Deep Darkness

If you need enable soft buttons, flash this: softkeys.zip or soft+hardkeys.zip

[Flashing Guide]
  • 1. Reboot to CWM/TWRP recovery
  • 2. Flash ROM zip file
  • 3. Flash Gapps
  • 4. Reboot

* Wipe data first if you come from another rom *
* Newer boot loader, modem and recovery is highly recommended (don't use twrp 2.8.4, use 2.8.1 instead) *
* No other kernel will be supported, use the stock one, for your best experiences too *

[Patches]

My additional patches over cm12 includes:
  • Enhancements and bug fixes cherry-picked from other ROMs, including Slim LP, Nameless
  • SaberMod for ROM and kernel
  • O3, JustArchi optimization
  • Pthread enabled & strict aliasing
  • Latest sqlite db library
  • Added Boeffla sound engine 1.67
  • Added CPU governor zzmoove, smartassv2, savagedzen
  • Added io scheduler row, bfq, zen, vr
  • Disabled some useless Samsung processes
  • Fixed GPS
  • Fixed low in call volume
  • Video playback forward/backward fix
  • Removed all kernel debuging stuffs
  • Fixed keyboard not showing up during setup wizard
  • Fixed a crash of music app
  • Changed DPI to 280
  • Fixed Camera issue
  • Fixed Day Dream
  • Fixed Netflix streaming (one more reboot needed after installation of Netflix)
  • Enabled Multi-user
  • LMK minfree tweaks
  • Misc tweaks
  • more...

For better experience, change Nova animation/scroll speed to Fast...

[Known Bugs]
  • I am not sure what issues you will get, but one thing is for sure: YOUR PHONE WILL FLY!
  • chrome glitch: type chrome://flags as URL and disable GPU thank @bigmarv31)

Thank cm team for the amazing ROM.
Thank sabermod for the amazing toolchain.

Special thanks to: @DerTeufel1980, @sbrissen, @rogersb11, @TheBr0ken, @DreamFX, @frankie...

[Screenshots]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-02-18-08-51.png
Views:	6392
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	3146052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-02-18-10-09.png
Views:	6434
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	3146053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-02-18-11-51.png
Views:	6400
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	3146054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-02-18-09-55.png
Views:	6242
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	3146055  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ril_fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.48 MB, 602 views)
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to wilson3q For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilson3q Ad-Free

12th January 2015, 01:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Always nice to see a new thread for i605. This doesn't happen often. Thank you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DreamFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DreamFX Ad-Free
12th January 2015, 02:09 PM |#3  
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Thanks again for building this for us we all appreciate it!
12th January 2015, 02:51 PM |#4  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 626

More
will be testing this out and see how it spars. thanks for this! I was going to try and "port" it over from the t0lte with replacing some libs and such, lol.
12th January 2015, 03:50 PM |#5  
Flag Richland Center, WI
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thank you! I'm downloading right now. Looking like a slow day at work, so why not?
12th January 2015, 05:05 PM |#6  
Flag Richland Center, WI

More
Downloaded files. Backed everything up. Rebooted to recovery. Wiped / Factory Reset using TWRP. Installed both zips sequentially. Apprehensive when I rebooted. Took a couple of minutes of sweating watching the CM Logo swirl around, and then bam! I'm up and running Lollipop. I'll update soon...
12th January 2015, 06:43 PM |#7  
Flag Richland Center, WI

More
UPDATE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinancemaster

Downloaded files. Backed everything up. Rebooted to recovery. Wiped / Factory Reset using TWRP. Installed both zips sequentially. Apprehensive when I rebooted. Took a couple of minutes of sweating watching the CM Logo swirl around, and then bam! I'm up and running Lollipop. I'll update soon...

So, I've got it up and running. It's fast and smooth, but there's a couple of glaring issues stopping me from testing any farther. The first screen that comes up after you initially select your language, is a new (to me) "Activating Cellular Service" screen. It has a message on the screen saying this "can take up to 5 minutes". I let it go for longer than that, but I got an error that it was unable to activate and I was able to try again, or skip it. I'll skip it for now just to see how the rest of the ROM works. Next screen is Wifi login, works fine., but you still have to hit "skip" even after you sign in to wifi.

Then it checks connections, for updates, etc and I keep getting the error that google play services has stopped. I haven't even logged into it yet...
Next screen is Tap N Go. Option to transfer all of your stuff off your old phone using NFC. Great idea, but I'm not testing because my new phone IS my old phone.
Then, it's google login time. Worked fine, standard stuff we're used to with options to download/backup your apps using google. It takes a minute here, and I kept getting popups about all of the google apps stopping, each individually. Annoying a bit... I hit the "RESTORE" option, this is my second try, and the first time I didn't have Root, so I couldn't download Titanium to restore everything. I also skipped the google restore last time, so I tried it this time. This is a new screen for me, but it takes me to a "Restoring" screen for a bit. It's not as annoying as on previous Android versions, having to individually approve each app that was updating/downloading. I keep getting the popups about one Google app or another stopping.
I get past the restore page, and the phone locks up. Reboot... After reboot, I have to go into the play store to download Titanium. It seems quite a few apps were restored by Google, but not all. I looked at the "My Apps" section of the play store, and there's a ton of apps cued up to download. It's what I was trying to avoid... So I hit "Stop" at the top, and it stops them all.

**I mentioned earlier that this is my 2nd try, the first try was about the same, but I didn't have root access. I downloaded SuperSU, but it wouldn't update the binaries, so it was useless. I tried SuperUser, it didn't work either. So, I rebooted to recovery, wiped, flashed the ROM, GApps, and the SuperSU zip I had saved on my SD card from my previous Omni Rom. Then I rebooted and now you can read what happened.

At this point, I'm having problems downloading Titanium Backup, SuperSU, or anything I really want. The Play Store is hanging and force closing. I can't even open the SuperSU I flashed from TWRP. There must be compatibility issues. I read somewhere that Lollipop has issues with root somehow, but I'm not sure. On my first try, I was able to download Titanium Backup no problem, but it wouldn't work because I didn't have root access. SuperSU and SuperUser didn't help after downloading. CM has always been pre-rooted on all of the other devices I've installed it on.

For now, I'm just going to restore my backup of Omni Rom and be content with 4.4.4 for now.

I'll try again if anyone can help with actually being on the VZW Network and Root. I didn't get a chance to play with the other stuff in Lollipop yet, but I would love to.
13th January 2015, 12:27 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinancemaster

So, I've got it up and running. It's fast and smooth, but there's a couple of glaring issues stopping me from testing any farther. The first screen that comes up after you initially select your language, is a new (to me) "Activating Cellular Service" screen. It has a message on the screen saying this "can take up to 5 minutes". I let it go for longer than that, but I got an error that it was unable to activate and I was able to try again, or skip it. I'll skip it for now just to see how the rest of the ROM works. Next screen is Wifi login, works fine., but you still have to hit "skip" even after you sign in to wifi.

Then it checks connections, for updates, etc and I keep getting the error that google play services has stopped. I haven't even logged into it yet...
Next screen is Tap N Go. Option to transfer all of your stuff off your old phone using NFC. Great idea, but I'm not testing because my new phone IS my old phone.
Then, it's google login time. Worked fine, standard stuff we're used to with options to download/backup your apps using google. It takes a minute here, and I kept getting popups about all of the google apps stopping, each individually. Annoying a bit... I hit the "RESTORE" option, this is my second try, and the first time I didn't have Root, so I couldn't download Titanium to restore everything. I also skipped the google restore last time, so I tried it this time. This is a new screen for me, but it takes me to a "Restoring" screen for a bit. It's not as annoying as on previous Android versions, having to individually approve each app that was updating/downloading. I keep getting the popups about one Google app or another stopping.
I get past the restore page, and the phone locks up. Reboot... After reboot, I have to go into the play store to download Titanium. It seems quite a few apps were restored by Google, but not all. I looked at the "My Apps" section of the play store, and there's a ton of apps cued up to download. It's what I was trying to avoid... So I hit "Stop" at the top, and it stops them all.

**I mentioned earlier that this is my 2nd try, the first try was about the same, but I didn't have root access. I downloaded SuperSU, but it wouldn't update the binaries, so it was useless. I tried SuperUser, it didn't work either. So, I rebooted to recovery, wiped, flashed the ROM, GApps, and the SuperSU zip I had saved on my SD card from my previous Omni Rom. Then I rebooted and now you can read what happened.

At this point, I'm having problems downloading Titanium Backup, SuperSU, or anything I really want. The Play Store is hanging and force closing. I can't even open the SuperSU I flashed from TWRP. There must be compatibility issues. I read somewhere that Lollipop has issues with root somehow, but I'm not sure. On my first try, I was able to download Titanium Backup no problem, but it wouldn't work because I didn't have root access. SuperSU and SuperUser didn't help after downloading. CM has always been pre-rooted on all of the other devices I've installed it on.

For now, I'm just going to restore my backup of Omni Rom and be content with 4.4.4 for now.

I'll try again if anyone can help with actually being on the VZW Network and Root. I didn't get a chance to play with the other stuff in Lollipop yet, but I would love to.

Did you flash the andriod 5 gapps? Do a full wipe?
You also need latest twrp recovery or philz touch recovery...
13th January 2015, 12:46 AM |#9  
Flag Dayton

More
baseband unknown no data
13th January 2015, 01:07 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmarv31

baseband unknown no data

Will fix this today.
Keep a close look.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilson3q For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilson3q Ad-Free
13th January 2015, 01:42 AM |#11  
Flag Dayton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson3q

Will fix this today.
Keep a close look.

Yes Sir Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)