[Q] rooted my verizon note 2 says system software not authorized by verizon wireless

Search This thread

Zacedward

Dec 20, 2012
i just rooted my verizon note 2 went to reboot it in recovery no it says system software not authorized by verizon wireless has been found on phone go to nearest verizon store when i do volum down power home key i can pull up odin mode now i dont no what to do next any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

pool_shark

Dec 12, 2008
Macedonia, Ohio
I think I read that error means you flashed a ROM in Odin after unlocking the bootloader, which you aren't supposed to do.
Did you unlock the bootloader?

techgov8

Jul 10, 2012
i just rooted my verizon note 2 went to reboot it in recovery no it says system software not authorized by verizon wireless has been found on phone go to nearest verizon store when i do volum down power home key i can pull up odin mode now i dont no what to do next any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Just use odin to restore back to complete stock its posted here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040264

Doin' big thangs from my Note Deuce

my_handle

Jul 7, 2010
Cbc is right. Locked bootloader. Need to unlock it first.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

ThaEdge

Mar 30, 2013
Just use odin to restore back to complete stock its posted here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040264

Doin' big thangs from my Note Deuce

Um I did the download however I have not been able to get odin3 to recognize any of the files. none of them are .MD5 files and, I may be wrong but, I thought they had to be .MD5 files in order to be read by ODIN. Please help, My phone in its current configuration is useless; all I have is the yellow triangle with the verizon message.

okay I'm an idiot. I wasn't paying attention to the the download, but I it failed and now my Phone says "firmware update failed please connect to Kies and select restore" of course Kies cant communicate with it. any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
ThaEdge

Last edited:

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Um I did the download however I have not been able to get odin3 to recognize any of the files. none of them are .MD5 files and, I may be wrong but, I thought they had to be .MD5 files in order to be read by ODIN. Please help, My phone in its current configuration is useless; all I have is the yellow triangle with the verizon message.

okay I'm an idiot. I wasn't paying attention to the the download, but I it failed and now my Phone says "firmware update failed please connect to Kies and select restore" of course Kies cant communicate with it. any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
ThaEdge

Still just flash in Odin to fix. also you will need to use 7zip to extract the file before Odin will see it

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mbar9607

Mar 31, 2011
trying to help friend in the same boat but ODIN wont recognize the device when plugged in at all, where should i go from this point to get him back up and rolling again? my laptop is running windows 8 if that helps at all

KEVG34

Jun 5, 2010
Just DID This You Need The Drivers from SAMSUNG: Also I had Better LuCK Using A cOmputer RuNning XP Win ODiN Worked Better ON xp for ME

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
And for good reason!!!! It sucks!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Damn Skippy it does, I really don't know why everyone is kissing Microsofts ass saying its better. Its an utter abortion.

I am personally trying to make the move completely over to Linux but until the Steam store has more of my games that can be played natively with good FPS its not gonna happen....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

goldenfish

Nov 25, 2011
Bien Hoa
www.quynhanmobile.com
hello, i got this error when try to flash stock image

Code:
<ID:0/037> Added!!
<ID:0/037> Odin v.3 engine (ID:37)..
<ID:0/037> File analysis..
<ID:0/037> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/037> Initialzation..
<ID:0/037> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/037> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/037> boot.img
<ID:0/037> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/037> cache.img
<ID:0/037> hidden.img
<ID:0/037> modem.bin
<ID:0/037> param.bin
<ID:0/037> recovery.img
<ID:0/037> sboot.bin
<ID:0/037> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any idea? please help ! :(

Top Liked Posts