FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Finally Safestrap Recovery v3.72 Works on ND7 -4.4.2 locked bootloader

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By iamakrem, Junior Member on 10th December 2014, 05:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After trying to install safestrap to my verizon note 2 for many times with failure.
Today suduenly i tried again to reRoot my my ND7 android 4.4.2 note 2 with locked bootloader and try it again
i used ghettoroot-v0.2.2 within the attachment and after rooting and before installing safestrap i went directly to google play store
and updated my super su and after the update i launched super su and it asked for if i want to upgrade the su binary and i did
and after the reboot i installed safestrap and magic happend it is working and i do not have any idea what happend it is working

I tried to install this rom called - DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM from E-team and at first i create a rom slot and flashed over it but it failed to start and that is when i decided to flash over the stock slot and it worked ...

so all you need to do is

1 - root using ghettoroot-v0.2.2
2- update you super su
3- update su binary and reboot
4- install safestrap and reboot to it
5- wipe cach and dalik cache
6- flash the DN3 rom without removing the boot.img since their is no need for that .
7. your device got a new life

you can confirm from the screenshot below and have nice time every one

i added the updated super su apk within the attachment

#Wifi Fix

For those facing wifi problems with dn3 rom i have managed to solve that by using some files from aliance 4.4.2 rom
i copied the following files from alliance 4.4.2 rom to the dn3 zip file before flashing and wifi is working now

1 - i replaced the files directly within the /system folder not touching the the folders or sub files within the folders just the files directly within the /system

and wifi now works on dn3 (ditto)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-10-16-27-17.jpg
Views:	1886
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	3057173  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ghettoroot-v0.2.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.01 MB, 1530 views)
File Type: apk Safestrap-T0LTE-3.72-B02.apk - [Click for QR Code] (6.59 MB, 3114 views)
File Type: apk eu.chainfire.supersu.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.58 MB, 1396 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamakrem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamakrem Ad-Free

10th December 2014, 06:53 PM |#2  
Torrance, CA
Thanks Meter: 111

Donate to Me
More
Your phone is not a verizon GN2. You have a GT7105 which is the GSM model. This method still does not work for us.
10th December 2014, 07:10 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Tutorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollybluehornet

Your phone is not a verizon GN2. You have a GT7105 which is the GSM model. This method still does not work for us.

My Phone is Verizon SCH-I605 note 2
what you see in the screenshot is the result of installing dn3 (ditto )rom cause dn3 rom was ported to work on SCH-I605 without changing the build.prop

this method is completey working
10th December 2014, 07:40 PM |#4  
Torrance, CA
Thanks Meter: 111

Donate to Me
More
Then I am mistaken. My bad
10th December 2014, 08:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Hello guys, then the method works, just that I've done with the root Ghetto Root and it worked the same !!!
10th December 2014, 09:26 PM |#6  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,439

Donate to Me
More
Nice so it works?

Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA Free mobile app
11th December 2014, 02:25 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Service
So, yes it does work. However, I am now stuck on Ditto3 with no wi-fi, a very slow 4G connection, no safestrap, and I cannot get back to stock ROM to try to reflash Ditto3 until I can get some wifi up in this.

What can I do now?
11th December 2014, 03:48 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Calculator
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJOJ

So, yes it does work. However, I am now stuck on Ditto3 with no wi-fi, a very slow 4G connection, no safestrap, and I cannot get back to stock ROM to try to reflash Ditto3 until I can get some wifi up in this.

What can I do now?

you have to root your ditto 3 the same way you rooted your nd7 and update your su and su binary and install safaestrap then you will be able to flash another rom i have updated post #1 you can find the new su within the attachment
i am still trying to find a way for the wifi to work
The Following User Says Thank You to iamakrem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamakrem Ad-Free
11th December 2014, 03:58 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Plug
i will be trying this rom : [Rom][4.4.2] AllianceRom_VZW Build 30 - 32 Themes [11/29/14][Fully Customizable][ND7]
and hope wifi works out of the box , i will report later
11th December 2014, 07:21 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamakrem

you have to root your ditto 3 the same way you rooted your nd7 and update your su and su binary and install safaestrap then you will be able to flash another rom i have updated post #1 you can find the new su within the attachment
i am still trying to find a way for the wifi to work

Excellent! Got it. Now using Alliance ROM 4.4.2 Build 30. Everything is checking out so far. I have a question still, however. Why is it that these larger - in file size - ROMs (like Ditto 3 and Alliance) work, but the smaller ones such as Liquid do not seem to work?
11th December 2014, 07:58 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJOJ

Excellent! Got it. Now using Alliance ROM 4.4.2 Build 30. Everything is checking out so far. I have a question still, however. Why is it that these larger - in file size - ROMs (like Ditto 3 and Alliance) work, but the smaller ones such as Liquid do not seem to work?

Those roms that are not working need their own kernel which we are not allowed to flash using safestrap since we have a locked bootloader
safestrap allows as to flash roms but not kernels ... so i belive almost only any rom that is compatible with the nd7 kernel will work
The Following User Says Thank You to iamakrem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamakrem Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)