Thanks Meter: 6,235

By carl1961, Senior Member on 24th August 2015, 03:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2015, 04:48 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmizzle

Same thing happened to me. I haven't tried the method of reverting back to NC2, then OC1 rooted, then Deodexed OC2. Too much work at this point. My thought is that if it doesn't work coming from rooted OC1 then NC2 won't make a difference. I'm fine with odexed OC2. Only reason I wanted the deodexed version was for the safestrap power menu.

I tried it, every way I could think of, didn't make a difference for me. I really want deodexed for xposed.
2nd September 2015, 05:33 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by __McB__

I tried it, every way I could think of, didn't make a difference for me. I really want deodexed for xposed.

@__McB__

what if I uploaded my OC2 TWRP backup of the system, you can try installing it as a restore and then install the OC2 firmware and it should do fine
2nd September 2015, 05:38 PM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

@__McB__

what if I uploaded my OC2 TWRP backup of the system, you can try installing it as a restore and then install the OC2 firmware and it should do fine

That would be awesome! Thank you!
2nd September 2015, 05:40 PM |#104  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Quote:

I think we have same problem here are the steps whats fix it for me.
1. Go back to stock NC2 root it with towel root, install busybox and safestrap.
2. Install OC1 rom from walter.white here
3. Let it boot up
4. Boot to safestrap and flash the OC2 (now if you don't want the NC2 flasher you have to remove the data folder from the OC2 zip) and the safestrap mod from the OP
5. Check your baseband if it is OC1 flash this and reboot
6. Check if you still have FC download this FC Fix (this was the zip that carl posted before to fix the FC) and flash it through safestrap.
7. Reboot and hopefully this fix it now you can start flashing the xposed mod if everything is fine
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sinichi21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sinichi21 Ad-Free
2nd September 2015, 05:57 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinichi21

I think we have same problem here are the steps whats fix it for me.
1. Go back to stock NC2 root it with towel root, install busybox and safestrap.
2. Install OC1 rom from walter.white here
3. Let it boot up
4. Boot to safestrap and flash the OC2 (now if you don't want the NC2 flasher you have to remove the data folder from the OC2 zip) and the safestrap mod from the OP
5. Check your baseband if it is OC1 flash this and reboot
6. Check if you still have FC download this FC Fix (this was the zip that carl posted before to fix the FC) and flash it through safestrap.
7. Reboot and hopefully this fix it now you can start flashing the xposed mod if everything is fine

Thanks. The link in #5 isn't a valid url so it's not opening for me. I'm guessing it's just the OC2 firmware? If so, I've got that. I've done every one of these steps except #6 as I didn't have this file (think the earlier link no longer works). I can give this a try and see.

UPDATE:
The file in #6 was all I needed and I'm good. I didn't even go back to NC2. I just went to SS recovery, wiped, and installed deodexed OC2 and the power menu addon, rebooted and no FC! I'll keep checking and use it for a while but the file linked in #6 was the missing piece for me. Thanks, sinichi21!
The Following User Says Thank You to __McB__ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift __McB__ Ad-Free
2nd September 2015, 09:30 PM |#106  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Quote:

Thanks. The link in #5 isn't a valid url so it's not opening for me. I'm guessing it's just the OC2 firmware? If so, I've got that. I've done every one of these steps except #6 as I didn't have this file (think the earlier link no longer works). I can give this a try and see.

UPDATE:
The file in #6 was all I needed and I'm good. I didn't even go back to NC2. I just went to SS recovery, wiped, and installed deodexed OC2 and the power menu addon, rebooted and no FC! I'll keep checking and use it for a while but the file linked in #6 was the missing piece for me. Thanks, sinichi21!

yeah that is just the oc2 firmware glad it work for you
3rd September 2015, 01:35 AM |#107  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 553

More
24 bit music & USB-DACs are way improved in LP; painful battery drain though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to KTownGT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KTownGT Ad-Free
3rd September 2015, 08:22 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:

That would be awesome! Thank you!

Unzip and copy to your twrp backup folder
Restore with this backup, then install oc1 or OC2 kernel,

stock-2015-09-02--10-58-38 LRX21V.N900AUCUEOC2 Deodexed.zip

https://mega.nz/#!DcVCiY6T!17weRJGoU...hvqTpNT0HBZLcI
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carl1961 Ad-Free
3rd September 2015, 06:07 PM |#109  

More
Quote:

The file sinichi21 provided in #6 of his post is all I needed to get this ROM working. After a day all is good and no issues yet. So at this point I'm good. Thank you for offering up the backup as an option though.
4th September 2015, 12:35 AM |#110  
Flag Saint Louis Mo
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:

I actually did try this as I was having FC's. I did the normal wipe x3 in SS restored this backup and flashed the safestrap power menu and all is great. You system actually seem a little lighter than the stock and I really like it! I removed a few other things such as Google Music and Gmail (I just use stock email as it seems to be lighter on resources), and added a few sounds and tweaks to the system. Also i extracted the stock touchwizhhome.apk from the deodexed base and replaced it with the one in the backup as I prefer the 4x5 home screen. Everything is running GREAT and I'm extremely happy with the development and hard work you guys put into these devices. With proper credit and permission to the good folks who developed the mods and tweaks, I was wondering if it were possible if I could maybe post my system backup as it is and share with the community? I just ask because I am no developer and I'm not sure how that all works. Could also make a TWRP .zip from my backup....i think...
Again thank you!
4th September 2015, 03:49 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macasus76

I actually did try this as I was having FC's. I did the normal wipe x3 in SS restored this backup and flashed the safestrap power menu and all is great. You system actually seem a little lighter than the stock and I really like it! I removed a few other things such as Google Music and Gmail (I just use stock email as it seems to be lighter on resources), and added a few sounds and tweaks to the system. Also i extracted the stock touchwizhhome.apk from the deodexed base and replaced it with the one in the backup as I prefer the 4x5 home screen. Everything is running GREAT and I'm extremely happy with the development and hard work you guys put into these devices. With proper credit and permission to the good folks who developed the mods and tweaks, I was wondering if it were possible if I could maybe post my system backup as it is and share with the community? I just ask because I am no developer and I'm not sure how that all works. Could also make a TWRP .zip from my backup....i think...
Again thank you!

sure that will be a better stock version as I forgot I changed my systemUI

you can post and upload it. but remember to delete the data files in the backup
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
att, deodexed, oc2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)