Post Reply Email Thread
30th January 2015, 01:51 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw
Thanks Meter: 6,235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewsgrp

Quick question: does anyone know if I can install this rom on t-mobile note 3? Hardware seem similar and I am using it on at&t network

I see no problem but if you do just let me know we'll see what we can do
30th January 2015, 02:26 PM |#12  
Flag CARY
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Smile
got 2 questions about the 4.4.4 rom. when the official first came out i installed it but had problems being able to install to the external sd or save downloaded files to it. i had tried the normal program called sdfix that had allways worked in 4.4.2 but never worked for me on the 4.4.4, maybe it was me and something i did wrong at the time but does save to external sd work in this? also i am on 4.4.2 and everything works great for me now but i like the newest and greatest is there anything that great that is in 4.4.4 over .2? i havent read any post about .4 and whats better. thanks for giving us this pre-rooted stock rom though.
30th January 2015, 04:06 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson65

got 2 questions about the 4.4.4 rom. when the official first came out i installed it but had problems being able to install to the external sd or save downloaded files to it. i had tried the normal program called sdfix that had allways worked in 4.4.2 but never worked for me on the 4.4.4, maybe it was me and something i did wrong at the time but does save to external sd work in this? also i am on 4.4.2 and everything works great for me now but i like the newest and greatest is there anything that great that is in 4.4.4 over .2? i havent read any post about .4 and whats better. thanks for giving us this pre-rooted stock rom though.

Really I see no visual different . The change log, I will add to op. I think 4.4.4 is maybe a step closer for android 5.0 , like NB4 was for kitkat.
30th January 2015, 06:31 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

I see no problem but if you do just let me know we'll see what we can do

Thanks for quick response ... I have TMobile Note 3 SM-N900T with 4.4.2 Bootloader and Modem and ROM with Phil CWM recovery.

I flashed the Deodex rooted file from OP. The flash was fine. After phone started I heard Att sound. I also saw menu and back keys light up like after we clear dalvik. However screen remained blank. I tested it for 5 minutes then rebooted to recovery and restored my nandroid backup
30th January 2015, 09:11 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewsgrp

Thanks for quick response ... I have TMobile Note 3 SM-N900T with 4.4.2 Bootloader and Modem and ROM with Phil CWM recovery.

I flashed the Deodex rooted file from OP. The flash was fine. After phone started I heard Att sound. I also saw menu and back keys light up like after we clear dalvik. However screen remained blank. I tested it for 5 minutes then rebooted to recovery and restored my nandroid backup

Did you install a 4.4.4 kernel ?

you may also need the overlay lib files and the hw file hwcomposer.msm8974.so from a TMobile rom
30th January 2015, 09:22 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:

Did you install a 4.4.4 kernel ?

you may also need the overlay lib files and the hw file hwcomposer.msm8974.so from a TMobile rom

No I did not install 4.4.4 kernel. Also I am on 4.4.2 bootloader and modem.

I am not sure I can overlay library files when screen is blank.

Looks like installation of att rom is not as easy as i thought
1st February 2015, 07:01 AM |#17  
San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Safestrap
Hi, I followed your instruction to the T, but when I rebooted the ROM works great but I can't get back to Safestrap. Do I have to reinstall it? THx
1st February 2015, 07:06 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec

Hi, I followed your instruction to the T, but when I rebooted the ROM works great but I can't get back to Safestrap. Do I have to reinstall it? THx

You have to install NC2 kernel to get back to recovery, safestrap will not run with 4.4.4 kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carl1961 Ad-Free
1st February 2015, 07:08 AM |#19  
San Francisco, CA

More
Quote:

You have to install NC2 kernel to get back to recovery, safestrap will not run with 4.4.4 kernel.

Great thank you. So all I have to do is flash NC2 kernel in Odin if I ever want safestrap back. I'm kind of enjoy not having to wait for Safestrap message right now, and it's booting super fast. THx
1st February 2015, 08:28 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec

Great thank you. So all I have to do is flash NC2 kernel in Odin if I ever want safestrap back. I'm kind of enjoy not having to wait for Safestrap message right now, and it's booting super fast. THx

Yes a threads here just for that. http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...strap-t2957471
The Following User Says Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carl1961 Ad-Free
3rd February 2015, 06:14 AM |#21  
San Francisco, CA

More
Anyone notice worse battery life on NL1 compared to NC2? It's fairly significant drop from my 2 days of use. There are bunches of wakelocks when I checked with BetterBattery app. I haven't had the time to investigate the culprit. On NC2 I never needed to do that. The performance and snappiness is excellent so far. It may be FreshFlash placebo effect.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t note3, nl1, nl1 firmware, urdroid nl1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)