By hsbadr, Inactive Recognized Developer on 4th May 2015, 08:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from hsbadr: MultiSystem v1.3.1 [May 9, 2015]
4th May 2015, 11:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3,730

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsbadr

All 2nd-init recovery hijacks kernel at early boot & so, they've similar hijack methods but probably diffrent binaries or hijack scripts. There're many diffrences in the operation that you could easily notice by reading the Q&A section. MultiSystem is designed to be independet on device nor the OS version. I've tester's success on VZW S4 & ATT Note 3 for both LP & KK.

As for ramdisk hijack, this may be a long wait, since I need to deliver the main functions to almost all devices before adding time-consuming features.

I like how you made the tool independent on the device not the OS. That opens up a whole new level of usability for so many devices. You're good to go as long as you got root.
So, if I'm on a lollipop rom (on my note 3) and wanted to switch to another rom or just have to lollipop ROMs at once, Multisystem helps me get that. Sorry for asking a lot. Just trying to understand.
BTW, I read the whole thread.
4th May 2015, 11:39 PM |#12  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,611

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

I like how you made the tool independent on the device not the OS. That opens up a whole new level of usability for so many devices. You're good to go as long as you got root.
So, if I'm on a lollipop rom (on my note 3) and wanted to switch to another rom or just have to lollipop ROMs at once, Multisystem helps me get that. Sorry for asking a lot. Just trying to understand.
BTW, I read the whole thread.

You always need to run a virtual ROM supported by your current firmware/kernel. Always make data backup, b/c it's shared between all ROMs for performance/battery & to avoid splitting your data/messages/contacts/etc between different ROMs. So, you'll have only one recent backup of your data, in case you run a completely diffrent ROM that doesn't like your data (hence, wipe data & restore what you want from the shared backup).
The Following User Says Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 11:57 PM |#13  

More
Quote:

You always need to run a virtual ROM supported by your current firmware/kernel. Always make data backup, b/c it's shared between all ROMs for performance/battery & to avoid splitting your data/messages/contacts/etc between different ROMs. So, you'll have only one recent backup of your data, in case you run a completely diffrent ROM that doesn't like your data (hence, wipe data & restore what you want from the shared backup).

Makes sense.
I'm asking because I wanted to know if this tool could be used as a "custom recovery" while on a lollipop rom just in case I wanted to flash something. And you know that SS doesn't work with LP and we are using a workaround to get to it every time we need to get to the recovery.
5th May 2015, 12:11 AM |#14  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Makes sense.
I'm asking because I wanted to know if this tool could be used as a "custom recovery" while on a lollipop rom just in case I wanted to flash something. And you know that SS doesn't work with LP and we are using a workaround to get to it every time we need to get to the recovery.

As the tite says, it's "MultiROM and Recovery Replacement". Yes, you can flah ZIP files to your stock system, current virtual system, or any of your IMGs. This can be done via MultiSystem Flash function or using FlashFire, which is 100% supprted by MultiSystem virtual ROMs. However, as stated in the Q&A OP, the updater-script shouldn't mount the physical system partition to /system when flashing to a virtual ROM (A minor edit in the updater-script is required).
The Following User Says Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
5th May 2015, 12:56 AM |#15  

More
Quote:

As the tite says, it's "MultiROM and Recovery Replacement". Yes, you can flah ZIP files to your stock system, current virtual system, or any of your IMGs. This can be done via MultiSystem Flash function or using FlashFire, which is 100% supprted by MultiSystem virtual ROMs. However, as stated in the Q&A OP, the updater-script shouldn't mount the physical system partition to /system when flashing to a virtual ROM (A minor edit in the updater-script is required).

When are you planning on putting the tool out for public? I see "under testing" in OP. Is there a specific reason for waiting? Just curious. Because this would be very helpful for other devs who want to build LP ROMs since they've been waiting for some work to be done on SS to work with LP (I know we have the workaround but a proper way is always preferred).
5th May 2015, 01:08 AM |#16  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When are you planning on putting the tool out for public? I see "under testing" in OP. Is there a specific reason for waiting? Just curious. Because this would be very helpful for other devs who want to build LP ROMs since they've been waiting for some work to be done on SS to work with LP (I know we have the workaround but a proper way is always preferred).

I'm working on a new version with bug fixes & S4/S5 support while @carl1961 is testing the current version. When he reports all issues on N900A & I fix them, it'll be immediately released.
5th May 2015, 02:30 AM |#17  

More
Quote:

I'm working on a new version with bug fixes & S4/S5 support while @carl1961 is testing the current version. When he reports all issues on N900A & I fix them, it'll be immediately released.

Thank you very much, sir
As I've mentioned before, if you need a tester I'm always ready to jump in. My note isn't my daily driver, so I can f^ck it up with no problem as long as it is recoverable.
The Following User Says Thank You to K-alz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift K-alz Ad-Free
5th May 2015, 02:34 AM |#18  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you very much, sir
As I've mentioned before, if you need a tester I'm always ready to jump in. My note isn't my daily driver, so I can f^ck it up with no problem as long as it is recoverable.

Since the current installation has some issues that makes it a bit complicated, I'd recommend for you to wait for the new version with one-step installation of all MultiSystem components in a flashable .ZIP file.
5th May 2015, 04:57 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
What hijack do you use for SM-N900A? safestrap just replaced e2fsck
And can you please push the source to github?
5th May 2015, 10:52 AM |#20  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benwaffle

What hijack do you use for SM-N900A? safestrap just replaced e2fsck
And can you please push the source to github?

e2fsck is hijacked by MultiSystem as well. As for the source code, it'll most probably be open & get pushed to this GitHub repo.
5th May 2015, 10:17 PM |#21  

Donate to Me
More
Storage MultiSystem v1.2.1
Check OP!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)