7,520 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,234

By carl1961, Senior Member on 19th December 2014, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2015, 07:51 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 2,061

Donate to Me
More
Anyone of you who knows their way around and is willing to test a build I put together, PM me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walter.White For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Walter.White Ad-Free

3rd January 2015, 04:23 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 1,270

More
Flashed stable, port fix, signal fix and got boot loop. Not sure what I did wrong.
3rd January 2015, 04:30 PM |#503  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapps

Flashed stable, port fix, signal fix and got boot loop. Not sure what I did wrong.

Wipe

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
3rd January 2015, 04:37 PM |#504  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:

I was having the save issue until I flashed the
ATT_NJ5_Overlay-MTP-Files-to-boot-4.4.4-roms it's in the OP

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app
3rd January 2015, 04:48 PM |#505  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:

@mannyp01 beat my post LOL

you need overlay installed Step 4 on OP
3rd January 2015, 05:06 PM |#506  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxCod3Rxxx

Wipe

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I did a complete wipe. Always do when I flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp01

I was having the save issue until I flashed the
ATT_NJ5_Overlay-MTP-Files-to-boot-4.4.4-roms it's in the OP

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

@mannyp01 beat my post LOL

you need overlay installed Step 4 on OP

Yeah. As it was restoring my NC2 backup I was reading the first post and figured I needed that, I just hadn't seen anyone mention that file in a while.

Unfortunately my girlfriend was ready to go out and I didn't have time to get the file on the phone to try and flash it. I'll do that when I get home later today.

Carl, is the stable link in first post the same exact thing from post 3380 in the beta thread?

So install steps are...
1. Wipe
2. Stable
3. Port fix
4. Signal fix
5. Overlay fix
6. Download mode and odin kernel.

Are the three odin files done before or after you install the ROM? Or does it not matter?
The Following User Says Thank You to sapps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sapps Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 05:19 PM |#507  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:

I did a complete wipe. Always do when I flash.

Yeah. As it was restoring my NC2 backup I was reading the first post and figured I needed that, I just hadn't seen anyone mention that file in a while.

Unfortunately my girlfriend was ready to go out and I didn't have time to get the file on the phone to try and flash it. I'll do that when I get home later today.

Carl, is the stable link in first post the same exact thing from post 3380 in the beta thread?

So install steps are...
1. Wipe
2. Stable
3. Port fix
4. Signal fix
5. Overlay fix
6. Download mode and odin kernel.

Are the three odin files done before or after you install the ROM? Or does it not matter?

Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carl1961 Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 05:22 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The Odin files are done last. Install all the other files in SafeStrap, then reboot into download mode and install Odin files.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgrbckr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rgrbckr Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 06:50 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Pin security issue
Hey carl1961,

Only issue I've seen so far with this build is the lock screen when you select Pin security. It did what every Norma build did (that I can remember) which was to bring you right back to the lock screen after locking. I will try swapping out the keyguard apk from the previous build and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise, this is a great rom - sview didn't have issues like before (but then again, I only tested this for about 5 minutes). I'll report back about the lockscreen (unless someone has a fix already out there).

Thanks to you and walter.white for all your hard work. Looking forward to what walter has in store.
The Following User Says Thank You to gangpe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gangpe Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 03:50 AM |#510  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangpe

Hey carl1961,

Only issue I've seen so far with this build is the lock screen when you select Pin security. It did what every Norma build did (that I can remember) which was to bring you right back to the lock screen after locking. I will try swapping out the keyguard apk from the previous build and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise, this is a great rom - sview didn't have issues like before (but then again, I only tested this for about 5 minutes). I'll report back about the lockscreen (unless someone has a fix already out there).

Thanks to you and walter.white for all your hard work. Looking forward to what walter has in store.

thanks for the heads up, yeh we need that fixed for sure
also spouse needs to be changed to Emergency

even though a spouse is sometimes a emergency LOL
4th January 2015, 04:08 AM |#511  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

thanks for the heads up, yeh we need that fixed for sure
also spouse needs to be changed to Emergency

even though a spouse is sometimes a emergency LOL

ok, finally had a chance to install norma stable and I keep losing cell and data signal. Every few minutes I get the circle with the line through it, it lasts for a second or two and then i get the signals back. Anyone else notice this?

edit: seems to have stopped after about 30 min of consistently losing signal every few minutes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t note 3, note4-norma-n9005

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)