[WIP]Getting S6-Norma-N9005 Running on ATT Note 3 OC1 5.0

Search This thread

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Flashed stable, port fix, signal fix and got boot loop. Not sure what I did wrong. :(

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Wipe

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
I did a complete wipe. Always do when I flash. :)
I was having the save issue until I flashed the
ATT_NJ5_Overlay-MTP-Files-to-boot-4.4.4-roms it's in the OP

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

@mannyp01 beat my post LOL

you need overlay installed Step 4 on OP
Yeah. As it was restoring my NC2 backup I was reading the first post and figured I needed that, I just hadn't seen anyone mention that file in a while.

Unfortunately my girlfriend was ready to go out and I didn't have time to get the file on the phone to try and flash it. I'll do that when I get home later today.

Carl, is the stable link in first post the same exact thing from post 3380 in the beta thread?

So install steps are...
1. Wipe
2. Stable
3. Port fix
4. Signal fix
5. Overlay fix
6. Download mode and odin kernel.

Are the three odin files done before or after you install the ROM? Or does it not matter?

Reactions: xxxCod3Rxxx

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
I did a complete wipe. Always do when I flash. :)

Yeah. As it was restoring my NC2 backup I was reading the first post and figured I needed that, I just hadn't seen anyone mention that file in a while.

Unfortunately my girlfriend was ready to go out and I didn't have time to get the file on the phone to try and flash it. I'll do that when I get home later today.

Carl, is the stable link in first post the same exact thing from post 3380 in the beta thread?

So install steps are...
1. Wipe
2. Stable
3. Port fix
4. Signal fix
5. Overlay fix
6. Download mode and odin kernel.

Are the three odin files done before or after you install the ROM? Or does it not matter?

Yes

Reactions: sapps

gangpe

Aug 20, 2010
Pin security issue

Hey carl1961,

Only issue I've seen so far with this build is the lock screen when you select Pin security. It did what every Norma build did (that I can remember) which was to bring you right back to the lock screen after locking. I will try swapping out the keyguard apk from the previous build and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise, this is a great rom - sview didn't have issues like before (but then again, I only tested this for about 5 minutes). I'll report back about the lockscreen (unless someone has a fix already out there).

Thanks to you and walter.white for all your hard work. Looking forward to what walter has in store.

Reactions: carl1961

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
Hey carl1961,

Only issue I've seen so far with this build is the lock screen when you select Pin security. It did what every Norma build did (that I can remember) which was to bring you right back to the lock screen after locking. I will try swapping out the keyguard apk from the previous build and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise, this is a great rom - sview didn't have issues like before (but then again, I only tested this for about 5 minutes). I'll report back about the lockscreen (unless someone has a fix already out there).

Thanks to you and walter.white for all your hard work. Looking forward to what walter has in store.

thanks for the heads up, yeh we need that fixed for sure
also spouse needs to be changed to Emergency

even though a spouse is sometimes a emergency LOL

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
thanks for the heads up, yeh we need that fixed for sure
also spouse needs to be changed to Emergency

even though a spouse is sometimes a emergency LOL

ok, finally had a chance to install norma stable and I keep losing cell and data signal. Every few minutes I get the circle with the line through it, it lasts for a second or two and then i get the signals back. Anyone else notice this?

edit: seems to have stopped after about 30 min of consistently losing signal every few minutes.

Last edited:

orphan203

Feb 13, 2012
Just flash over current setup?

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

ok, finally had a chance to install norma stable and I keep losing cell and data signal. Every few minutes I get the circle with the line through it, it lasts for a second or two and then i get the signals back. Anyone else notice this?

edit: seems to have stopped after about 30 min of consistently losing signal every few minutes.
Yep. Data and signal will be unstable for about the first 30 minutes every time you restart your phone. After that it is fine. Great ROM.

Reactions: sapps and carl1961

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
Just flash over current setup?

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

Yep. Data and signal will be unstable for about the first 30 minutes every time you restart your phone. After that it is fine. Great ROM.

@mannyp01 learned today that unplugging from computer (charger) seems to help a lot with data poping in and out

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
@mannyp01 learned today that unplugging from computer (charger) seems to help a lot with data poping in and out
So are you saying after rebooting the phone I should plug it in and then unplug it and that would keep the signal from going in and out?

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I haven't had a chance to test this yet. I'll try later today.

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
So are you saying after rebooting the phone I should plug it in and then unplug it and that would keep the signal from going in and out?

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I haven't had a chance to test this yet. I'll try later today.

no about the charger, what I told @mannyp01 was that the data popping in and out might be the power saving feature built in the rom, so he unplugged his phone ( a misunderstanding) but mannyp01 said it seem to help. but it might be just a coincidence, because you and another user verified that after about 30 minute ya'll did not have any more data issue.

Norma_Note4_Stable_Lock_Pin_and_Hot_Boot_Fix.zip works so just install, lock pin and all other lock screen feature work, even the pen signing (who would use that LOL ) but I also added the fast boot fix, so now you can reboot without having to completely reboot your phone ( handy when testing things or making changes with expose ( if that works on 4.4.4 yet)

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
no about the charger, what I told @mannyp01 was that the data popping in and out might be the power saving feature built in the rom, so he unplugged his phone ( a misunderstanding) but mannyp01 said it seem to help. but it might be just a coincidence, because you and another user verified that after about 30 minute ya'll did not have any more data issue.

Norma_Note4_Stable_Lock_Pin_and_Hot_Boot_Fix.zip works so just install, lock pin and all other lock screen feature work, even the pen signing (who would use that LOL ) but I also added the fast boot fix, so now you can reboot without having to completely reboot your phone ( handy when testing things or making changes with expose ( if that works on 4.4.4 yet)
Awesome. Thanks for all you have been doing.

Reactions: carl1961

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
ok..im sitting here doddling like a lost dog..

Im on Firekat. I downloaded every single file in OP.
My first step is this below:

1: Ive installed the ATT_NJ5_Overlay-MTP-Files-to-boot-4.4.4-roms.zip.
2: Then rebooted to download mode. I have ODIN Up and all three files ready to flash.

My problem is, I don't see how to flash the NC2 kernel? File? The AP file in ODIN is the NJ5 kernel. Where is the NC2 Kernel file?

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Am I missing any steps yet or am I on track?

Also, the next step after ODIN says flash NC2 kernel? Ok? How?

Last step says flash NJ5 or NL1 Kernel? Ok? I assume I can flash the NJ5 kernel in ODIN like the second step I did?

I just don't want to brick my phone. Making sure Im on the right path here.

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
ok..im sitting here doddling like a lost dog..

Im on Firekat. I downloaded every single file in OP.
My first step is this below:

1: Ive installed the ATT_NJ5_Overlay-MTP-Files-to-boot-4.4.4-roms.zip.
2: Then rebooted to download mode. I have ODIN Up and all three files ready to flash.

My problem is, I don't see how to flash the NC2 kernel? File? The AP file in ODIN is the NJ5 kernel. Where is the NC2 Kernel file?
@holeshot77 I have a complete rom uploading it will be posted tommorow (slow upload speeds)

Download this N900A_NC2-NJ5_Firmware_Switch_Odin_v3.09.zip 98.1 MB[/URL][/B] Has bothe kernels, if you want NL1 then download this to
N900AATTDNL1_FIRMWARE.zip 48.0 MBhttps://mega.co.nz/#!fctiwLaa!_ljwhXkj-lWyRe11zdwHK6EedsQikmfJDb35q-A1gPc but you said you had all these

you install overlay after you install the rom (thats if you did do it that way)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts