FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] has there been any progress on unlocking the bootloader?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vejj2fresh, Junior Member on 30th April 2015, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I just got my note 3 n900A att model about 2 months ago. last month the lollipop update pushed to my phone and I was happy but then I started working on rooting. I successfully downgraded my phone to 4.4.4 then to 4.4.2 by following guids on here and on another webiste that instructed me to use odin and then I rooted. Right now I am on Biggons rom and it is beautiful. I have been using safestrap to flash custom roms for this n900A.

I am however interested in trying to obtain a custom kernal and the bootloader being locked is frustrating. To my peasant understanding there isnt a option as of yet to get around the bootloader. please correct me here if I am wrong.

Are any developers working on this? Is it even possible to work on this? Am I just completed F'ed unless I went out and got a different variant of this phone with an unlocked bootloader?

lastly! Im curious if it is possible to turn my phone into a developer edition? that might be just a repeat version of my previous question. excuse my ignorance. I am new to this phone and boot locks n the what not.
1st May 2015, 11:40 AM |#2  
Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 53,376

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vejj2fresh

So I just got my note 3 n900A att model about 2 months ago. last month the lollipop update pushed to my phone and I was happy but then I started working on rooting. I successfully downgraded my phone to 4.4.4 then to 4.4.2 by following guids on here and on another webiste that instructed me to use odin and then I rooted. Right now I am on Biggons rom and it is beautiful. I have been using safestrap to flash custom roms for this n900A.

I am however interested in trying to obtain a custom kernal and the bootloader being locked is frustrating. To my peasant understanding there isnt a option as of yet to get around the bootloader. please correct me here if I am wrong.

Are any developers working on this? Is it even possible to work on this? Am I just completed F'ed unless I went out and got a different variant of this phone with an unlocked bootloader?

lastly! Im curious if it is possible to turn my phone into a developer edition? that might be just a repeat version of my previous question. excuse my ignorance. I am new to this phone and boot locks n the what not.

Nope.
Correct
Not known
No
29th August 2019, 12:01 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 112

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

Nope.
Correct