Note 3 neo lockscreen lag FIXED!

Search This thread
Sep 2, 2014
Hi guys I have found a solution to the lag at the lockscreen!

Please download the following app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.wl

App Name- Wake Lock Manager

Steps:
1. Install the above app and open it.
2. Click on PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK.
3. The above numbers should go to 4.
4. Now go into options (by pressing the menu button)
5. Check the following boxes:
Autostart On boot
Notifications
6. Close the app and enjoy!
You may go in app manager and untick "show notifications" if you find the app notifications annoying or unnecessary.

I have tried this on 5 phones and it works perfectly. It does not affect the phone otherwise and it also does not use extra battery(I have tested it).
Questions are always welcomed!

Here is my link to the youtube video for the same:
https://youtu.be/QqT63RrAims

Thank you.

Last edited:

FSRider

Sep 27, 2012
Surely it works, but this isn't a good solution.

Selecting number 4 in that app means that your phone will be "forced" in a partial wake lock state.

In other words when the screen goes off, the cpu it's still running and will never go to deep sleep (normal standby state).

If you use your phone a lot, this will affect battery life only a bit.

However if with a single charge your phone usually last 1-2 days, forcing a partial wake lock will affect a lot battery life.
Battery will discharge also when you are not using your phone... because cpu will be always on (partial wake lock).

So.. this is a "solution", but not a good solution.

Thanks for sharing this tips, but be aware.. if you use this app your phone's cpu will never go to deep sleep.

Hi!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2014
Surely it works, but this isn't a good solution.

Selecting number 4 in that app means that your phone will be "forced" in a partial wake lock state.

In other words when the screen goes off, the cpu it's still running and will never go to deep sleep (normal standby state).

If you use your phone a lot, this will affect battery life only a bit.

However if with a single charge your phone usually last 1-2 days, forcing a partial wake lock will affect a lot battery life.
Battery will discharge also when you are not using your phone... because cpu will be always on (partial wake lock).

So.. this is a "solution", but not a good solution.

Thanks for sharing this tips, but be aware.. if you use this app your phone's cpu will never go to deep sleep.

Hi!
Hi FSRider,
I know what you are trying to say and I had the same doubts earlier. So I tested it for a week.
What i did was,
First I didnt use phone much(only calling and msging) for a day and then did the same thing using the app running. I found that the difference in consumption was very less. In first case 30% was consumed and in the 2nd case 33% was consumed.
Secondly, I played some heavy games for 1 and half our and without the app the consumption was 28% and with the app it was 31%.
Thirdly, I just didnt touch my phone for 5 hours. Without the app the consumption was 1% or less and beleive me with the app too it was 1%.

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys I have found a solution to the lag at the lockscreen!

Please download the following app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.wl

App Name- Wake Lock Manager

Steps:
    1. Install the above app and open it.
    2. Click on PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK.
    3. The above numbers should go to 4.
    4. Now go into options (by pressing the menu button)
    5. Check the following boxes:
    Autostart On boot
    Notifications
    6. Close the app and enjoy!
    You may go in app manager and untick "show notifications" if you find the app notifications annoying or unnecessary.

I have tried this on 5 phones and it works perfectly. It does not affect the phone otherwise and it also does not use extra battery(I have tested it).
    Questions are always welcomed!

Here is my link to the youtube video for the same:
    https://youtu.be/QqT63RrAims

Thank you.