FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HELP! Stuck on "Firmware upgrade encountered an issues"...

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By ttb1, Junior Member on 9th May 2017, 04:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Help!
My careless mistake and now my phone is stuck with a message “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again”. I was trying to flash my rom back with stock rom and it killed. Could it be due to I forgot to enable “USB debugging” after I did a “Factory Reset” which causing my odin 1.85 to failed so I interrupted and now it is stuck? Anyhow, is this issue reversible and if so, how?
Phone: Sprint Note 3
Very much appreciated!
Tom
The Following User Says Thank You to ttb1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ttb1 Ad-Free
9th May 2017, 07:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 767

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttb1

Help!
My careless mistake and now my phone is stuck with a message “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again”. I was trying to flash my rom back with stock rom and it killed. Could it be due to I forgot to enable “USB debugging” after I did a “Factory Reset” which causing my odin 1.85 to failed so I interrupted and now it is stuck? Anyhow, is this issue reversible and if so, how?
Phone: Sprint Note 3
Very much appreciated!
Tom

Change odin version change cable power off the phone all the way take the battery out hold power button for 10 sec than put the battery back in and boot it to download mode and try to flash stock image with odin again try few odin versions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbabo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigbabo Ad-Free
9th May 2017, 07:43 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
[QUOTE=bigbabo;72222049]Change odin version change cable power off the phone all the way take the battery out hold power button for 10 sec than put the battery back in and boot it to download mode and try to flash stock image with odin again try few odin versions

Thank you Bigbabo! It's working now! BTW; changed out the cable, odin v1.85 to v3.04, USB 3.0 to 2.0, using different stock rom, and rebooted PC. I am not sure which did the trick, but thanks for given me hope! You made my day!!!
Sincerely,
Tom
The Following User Says Thank You to ttb1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ttb1 Ad-Free
9th May 2017, 09:25 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 767

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=ttb1;72222190]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabo

Change odin version change cable power off the phone all the way take the battery out hold power button for 10 sec than put the battery back in and boot it to download mode and try to flash stock image with odin again try few odin versions

Thank you Bigbabo! It's working now! BTW; changed out the cable, odin v1.85 to v3.04, USB 3.0 to 2.0, using different stock rom, and rebooted PC. I am not sure which did the trick, but thanks for given me hope! You made my day!!!
Sincerely,
Tom

Glad you got it working budd i now the feeling of being stuck i have note 3 myself and note 4
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbabo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigbabo Ad-Free
15th November 2018, 02:53 PM |#5  
Flag Sussex , England "United" Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 12

More
got stuck with this on Note 4 ; I had to flash a BL via odin but the biggest difference (sorry for shouting) was CHANGING THE USB PORT ; I would never had done this.......Thanks alotfrom the Note4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)