[ROM][AOKP 7.1/Nougat][HLTE]OFFICIAL AOKP for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified) Nightlies

Search This thread

irodeapony

Dec 22, 2010
I was curious, is there a way to unroot this rom even though it's baked in?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
I was curious, is there a way to unroot this rom even though it's baked in?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Possibly. I have not tested it, but Lineage has a su removal zip, that is used to remove root. Since AOKP uses LOS's root method, you SHOULD be able to use the su removal zip to unroot. Be warned, I have NOT tested this!!

The link to the su removal zip can be found HERE. Be sure to select "su removal (arm)" for 14.1 if you are running Nougat.

Reactions: irodeapony

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
Yeah, it looks like the 1/9 build failed. Apparently a lot of our Nougat builds have been failing, it's due to some server issue, we are looking into it. I'll let you guys know when we get it fixed and builds start again.

Ok, so one of our devs figured out the issue that caused failed builds. Apparently GitHub changed their page layout recently, switching the branch selector to a JavaScript implementation, which broke our vendor repo picking utility. It's fixed now, so there should be a new build in the next few days.

Reactions: dvdavid888

dbelleman

Apr 20, 2010
Bear, DE
Hey guys, quick update. Builds for hlte are back on, and there is a new build available at the download link. I despair of ever getting the bt bug fixed for Oreo, but for now the Nougat builds will continue weekly.

Getting "The service is not available. Please try again later."

Works now.

Last edited:
I lost bluetooth upgrading from 2019-01-30 to 2019-02-27 on my SM-N900P, just letting you know.

Are there any logs I can send you or anything I can do to help it get resolved?

This rom has been my mainstay for quite some time, and with oreo and above roms not having bluetooth calling I will probably stick with it until I eventually upgrade my phone. Thanks for keeping the Note 3 alive!

Reactions: Bionitrous

Bionitrous

Aug 5, 2012
I decided to upgrade to the March 6th build and everything Bluetooth crapped out as well. Dirty flashed my system from a January TWRP backup and recovered without too much pain.

G

GuestD0701

Awesome to see aokp nougat being built for this device! I'm fixing to enherit one so "I'll be back." ?

Sent from my ph2n using XDA Labs

khitsicker

Sep 21, 2016
This might be a stupid question but how do you enable wifi calling. I cannot send or receive mms messages over wifi even with all the data services turned on. Google says I need wi fi calling enabled but when I search for that setting it doesnt find anything

Unidave199

Nov 18, 2013
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4
This might be a stupid question but how do you enable wifi calling. I cannot send or receive mms messages over wifi even with all the data services turned on. Google says I need wi fi calling enabled but when I search for that setting it doesnt find anything

Not a stupid question at all...

The short answer is that you can't enable WiFi calling in the classic sense...

The best I can figure is that Sprint had a deal with Google allowing integration with Google Voice, but now that has been stopped. But you can get a Google Voice number and then go into the Web Interface and select Forward calls to Google Voice. That way you can at least get calls even if you arent in a network area (lets face it... Sprint isnt the best coverage area in the world).

Of course when you dial out on Google Voice it will come up as a separate number. I just use this as a 'business' number so tell people that they should add the number to my contact information.

Hope that helps!

D-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    106.png

[ROM][AOKP 7.1/Nougat][HLTE]OFFICIAL AOKP for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified) Nightlies

Code:
    *** Disclaimer***
    Your warranty is now void!
    I am not responsible for damages caused by this ROM
    YOU are choosing to install it!
    If you have any concerns about potential issues or features with this ROM, do your research!
    If you accuse me of causing problems with your device, you WILL be ridiculed!

Introduction
    AOKP is a ROM developed by TeamKang, based on AOSP with magical unicorn bytes (awesome features) baked right in!
    These builds have only been tested on SM-N9005! @Buslova confirmed working on SM-N900P for Sprint

Features
    • Full OMS/Substratum support - Theming built right in
    • ROM Control app - A central place to manage all almost all the cool features Magical Unicorn Bytes!
    • Gesture Anywhere/App Circle Bar/App Sidebar - Use gestures/side bars to launch frequently used apps/activities
    • PIE - Quickly access common actions by swiping up above home key
    • LED Control - Control color and pattern for notification LED
    • Tons of other tuneables - So many aspects can be changed, from the LockScreen to the hardware button mapping, and much more!

Installation instructions
    • Backup your data! (nandroid, TiBu, etc.)
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset (You did backup, right?)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS (OpenGapps or similar; ARM platform; Android 7.1)
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

Download

Changelog
    Code:
    Changelog is available at the download link above

Thanks To/Credits
    *TeamKang
    *tdm
    *LineageOS

PayPal Donations and thanks are always appreciated!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Kang Project for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (HLTE), ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    shane87
    Source Code: [url]http://aokp.co/source[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2017-11-29
    Last Updated 2017-11-28
    Oreo beta release thread!

Hey guys, I am pleased to announce that AOKP Oreo for the Note 3 is stable enough to release beta versions!

I have setup a new thread for the beta releases here.

There is also a beta thread in the Sprint Note 3 forum as well. I will link it in the Nougat release thread located in the Sprint forum.
    I installed this ROM on my Sprint Note 3 yesterday and truthfully was surprised that virtually everything works well. I had to make a minor change to an APN seeing I use a Sprint MVNO but that's normal. Battery seems to be okay and there is little to no lag in operation. This is the FIRST Nougat ROM that has just WORKED on my Note 3, thanks to the dev for his efforts!
    Update
    So I have been trying to bring more s-pen support to AOKP Nougat. The s-pen currently works as a stylus, but there is no support for using the stylus to input gestures like you can on stock. Lineage recently merged a few commits to implement stylus gestures into their trees, and I have been trying to cherry-pick those over to AOKP. I've got the changes to CMParts pulled in and merged, and everything still builds. But when I merge the code to actually make the gestures work, it breaks hlte builds. On doing some digging, it appears our framework is missing some commits that lineage has merged. And I'm talking a large number of commits, going back a couple of years. With everyone working on Oreo bring up, I'm just not sure if we can get it straightened out for Nougat. On the plus side, the commits are there for Oreo, so adding stylus gestures for Oreo should be a cinch, once we get Oreo going that is. Again, NO ETAs!!!
    Hey y'all....guess what?!?!?!? This ROM works perfectly on my Sprint sm-n900p Note 3!!! No extra flashing or APN setup necessary!!! I only flashed the ROM then GAPPS (I used open gapps nano fyi) and then supersu.zip. I had LTE, SMS, and MMS service IMMEDIATELY after the boot animation (slightly long on first boot of course since it's setting things up but faster restarts later) was done. As soon as the home screen/google account login screen appeared, I already had full LTE service. No extra APN fiddling needed. It's a true nougat based AOKP build and we have an official builder here. This is awesome news y'all! Show this dude some thanx!