FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [N900PVPUEOC5] [100% Stock, Pre-Rooted, Busybox, Deodexed, No KNOX] [6/11/2015]

2,017 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,745

By tx_dbs_tx, Senior Member on 11th June 2015, 10:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from tx_dbs_tx: It's finally here! Stock rooted deodexed ROM for the Sprint Galaxy Note 3!
I bring to you 100% stock fully deodexed builds of Lollipop 5.0 (N900PVPUEOC5) for the Sprint Galaxy Note 3. The ROM is built from the official Samsung tar. It will self root upon flash and has init.d/busybox support. Knox has been removed completely. There are two versions of the stock deodexed ROM. The difference is one uses a normal edify recovery script and the other uses aroma installer. Both ROMS are identical otherwise. The purpose of the aroma installer is for future rom chefs to customize their rom builds using aroma installer if they so choose. This stock ROM includes all pre-installed Google & Sprint apps. Nothing has been removed or modified from stock. Also included is the OC5 kernel and modem & HLOS patch to ensure you have the latest kernel and modem with this ROM upon flash.

The ROMs are stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. These roms are intended for those people who want the stock ROM in it's original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox as well as other dev's/chefs who need a good solid base for their own ROM project. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base and I highly recommend that you do so because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung .tar. However, I do expect credit if you use this rom for any other project. If you appreciate my work please press that Thanks button and consider making a kind donation. using the link under my profile pic. Enjoy!

Important Note: Before flashing ANY Lollipop ROM. including this one, you MUST first have done one of the following: Taken the Lollipop ota update OR odin flashed the stock N900PVPUEOC5_N900PSPTEOC5_N900PVPUEOC5_HOME.tar. If you are still on a KK based rom (including any KK AOSP/CM based roms) then you MUST first update to Lollipop by one of the two methods I mentioned BEFORE flashing this ROM.

Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal storage to another location.

2. Download the ROM using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the md5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the AFH md5 using a md5 tool on your pc. (Google is your friend).

4. Put the downloaded ROM onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the samsusung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to do a "Data" wipe. This will wipe all of your internal storage so MAKE SURE you backed up first like i said in step #1 above! Then go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended on first time flashing Lollipop.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the ROM "STOCK_DEODEXED_N900PVPUEOC5" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the rom and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Press "Reboot" then "reboot system".

9. Initial rom setup will take several minutes and remain on the yellow Sprint Spark screen for several minutes (definately much longer than what you are used to). Let the phone setup/optimizes and the screen WILL eventually turn off once it finishes or show the setup wizard.

10. When you see the screen turn off or the setup wizard, you can begin setting up your phone for first boot.. Once finished with setup wizard wait a few moments and the phone will automatically install the sprint apps. You must either "accept" or "disagree" with each and every google prompt for these apps or else the installs pause untill you do so.. Also you will be prompted for the "connections optimizer". Quickly set it to what you want and close it. That's it! You're done!

flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However I do my best to ensure all of my roms, mods, etc are 100% safe and fully tested before allowing public access.

Downloads

XDA:DevDB Information
STOCK_DEODEXED_N900PVPUEOC5, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
tx_dbs_tx, Chaz187, evilvoice, Josephigloe, SupermanTW
ROM OS Version: Lollipop
ROM Firmware Required: OC5

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2015-06-11

Created 2015-06-11
Last Updated 2015-08-02
The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to tx_dbs_tx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tx_dbs_tx Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 10:27 AM |#2  
Reserved
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tx_dbs_tx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tx_dbs_tx Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 10:27 AM |#3  
Reserved
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to tx_dbs_tx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tx_dbs_tx Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 11:06 AM |#4  
Flag Huber Heights, OH
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Waiting for the games to begin.......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rogerandgina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rogerandgina Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 11:28 AM |#5  
Flag Orange city
Thanks Meter: 4,874

Donate to Me
More
Awesome work man thanks for all you have done for us!!!!!

Thanks,
Chaz187
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chaz187 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chaz187 Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 06:09 PM |#6  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 51

More
@tx_dbs_tx thank you for all your hard work. It is much appreciated. It was a pleasure testing. Just let me know if you need anything else.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SupermanTW For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SupermanTW Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 06:23 PM |#7  
Flag Menifee
Thanks Meter: 830

More
Thank you for all your hard work and late nights...we'll done.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Josephigloe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josephigloe Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 06:51 PM |#8  
Flag Olympia
Thanks Meter: 763

More
brilliant. our community needed this.
as promised, donation incoming for your efforts.
(sorry it cant be more, you deserve it. everyone should be aware that this dev has done us a HUGE favor.)
Code:
9XT69614RJ7600116
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kingdazy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kingdazy Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 06:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Thank you!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tkgadgetman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tkgadgetman Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 06:57 PM |#10  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 2,089

Donate to Me
More
Awesome glad to see its up and running!! Great work to all that were involved. I wish I could of been more help
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoHnNYBlaZE716 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoHnNYBlaZE716 Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 07:00 PM |#11  
Flag Florida Panhandle
Thanks Meter: 3,051

Donate to Me
More
Nice work everyone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fly4awhtgye For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fly4awhtgye Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)