FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] TWRP stock pre-rooted flash of OK2 for N900P

152 posts
Thanks Meter: 94

By Greaper88, Senior Member on 26th January 2016, 11:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a prerooted stock ROM of the OK2 update. It also has the sd card fix patch applied.

This ROM requires installing a custom recovery on your device, which will trip Knox.

All operations are done at your own risk

I would advise against flashing the EFS partition unless you know yours is corrupted (i don't think many people have that issue). The Boot, System, and Modem partitions all need to be flashed though.

If installing over Kitkat, a factory reset will most likely be required as lollipop installs apps differently. Also be prepared to lose all files on internal memory.
I would recommend backing up your OS before flashing. Also it wouldn't hurt to backup app data to make reinstalling apps easier.

Here's the thread for twrp:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...lipop-t3089382

To install the ROM, extract the 7zip file to "/ExtSdCard/twrp/backups/{serial number}/"
using your favorite software (I made the file with ES File Explorer on Android).
Enter recovery mode (Volume up + Home button while poering on), and select "Restore" from the list of options.
There is a option to select internal or external storage to Restore from.
Select the OK2 stock rooted backup file. (Un)Check the appropriate boxes.
Restore the image to install the new OS

Here's the ROM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2i...p=docslist_api
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greaper88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Greaper88 Ad-Free
10th February 2016, 05:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I don't suppose you have another link? It fails to download every time I try.*Edit* I didn't have drive installed just flashed cm nightly forgot to install it thanks. And keep up the good work!
10th February 2016, 06:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Not right now. I know youl'll receive two or three different errors, but you gotta click "continue" or "download" or "download anyway" to get the file. If it continues to be a problem, I can setup a torrent server for it when i get home tonight.

It might also help to download to a pc, or on a Wi-Fi connection. I've had issues with downloads failing to complete using my phone with big files.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greaper88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Greaper88 Ad-Free
16th March 2016, 04:53 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Is there a way to change the launcher to 5x4
19th March 2016, 04:11 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat0074

Is there a way to change the launcher to 5x4

I do not know if there's a way to do so with to do so with TouchWiz, since I haven't used it since before the Kitkat update.
I've been using Go Launcher EX for awhile now instead, and it supports that feature.
21st March 2016, 04:24 PM |#6  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 25

More
@Greaper88
Is hotspot works with this backup ?
22nd March 2016, 03:43 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipsy6

@Greaper88
Is hotspot works with this backup ?

I do not know. I use a third-party app for my hotspot. If you have hotspot services with your provider, the native one should work, but I have not tested that theory.

If you're not signed up for hotspot services, check here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2796994

or the "Wi-Fi Tether Router" app on the play store works very well for me (since this is a rooted ROM):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...errouter&hl=en

Just have to remember with that app to turn the device's Wi-Fi on before activating the hotspot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greaper88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Greaper88 Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 07:34 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Is anyone else having wifi calling issues with this rom? At first I got the error 16 switch message when trying calls of any kind off wifi, but wifi calling worked. Then I called sprint and they worked their magic to correct the error 16 message but I've had wifi calling issues ever since. Calls start and immediately drop on wifi calling.
14th April 2016, 12:15 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdoubledean

Is anyone else having wifi calling issues with this rom? At first I got the error 16 switch message when trying calls of any kind off wifi, but wifi calling worked. Then I called sprint and they worked their magic to correct the error 16 message but I've had wifi calling issues ever since. Calls start and immediately drop on wifi calling.

I personally never had that problem. But I did notice if I tried to download a big file, or other devices on the network were using a LOT of data, the Wi-Fi calling would disconnect. Sometimes using the Bluetooth could cause problems since it uses the same antenna as the Wi-Fi... But I only had issues with that when transferring data with one or the other.
14th April 2016, 12:28 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Yep, I know it can be picky, I have used it for years. This is the first time is disconnects immediately on every wifi call. Nothing has changed on my network. Comcast 75mbps, wireless AC router. It started with this rom, which by the way I love otherwise.
15th April 2016, 03:10 AM |#11  
Flag Jc tennessee
Thanks Meter: 44

More
For sprint note3?
I cant get file to unzip
Am i supposed to be able to do this on my phone without a computer?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note 3, rom, stock rooted

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)