Front Facing Camera Software Issue

Search This thread

Ogichidaa

Apr 13, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm Jade.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T. I am currently facing an issue with the front camera not responding when i try to start it from any app.

I have tried factory resetting, clearing the cache, installing a custom rom, rooting, trying a different stock apk for it. I have even replaced the front facing camera module. Nothing has worked and has led me to the conclusion that this is a software issue.

Here's what I would like help doing, I need to know what I can do to modify the camera and fix the firmware for it. I want to see what is causing it not to start and what I need to do in the core of the phones firmware, how to do it.

I'm familiar with adb, command lines, mostly linux environments but also windows, so it's not hard to find my way around. That being said, I am not imagining, n'or am I looking for an easy way to do this. If there is already a solution for this someone please let me know. ANY HELP is greatly appreciated!
I can't post a link to the file because xda won't let me. so email me for it: kagejade307@gmail.com

Ogichidaa

Apr 13, 2016
If using Odin and a stock ROM doesn't fix it, it might be a hardware problem.
I haven't used Odin since my S3. But this was an issue before I even bothered rooting it. It can't be a hardware issue because I had already gotten a replacement. I'm assuming it's the fact that it's Android 5.0 that I'm facing the software issue. This is why I want to get right under the hood and find out how to write and modify firmware for it.

I've tried searching around but I'm getting nothing but bull's tail. I'm going to keep searching but honestly, this is ridiculous. (Talking about the searches, not you. Thanks for pointing that out anyway) :good:

Reactions: rbeavers

Tmobilefan906

Apr 1, 2016
I haven't used Odin since my S3. But this was an issue before I even bothered rooting it. It can't be a hardware issue because I had already gotten a replacement. I'm assuming it's the fact that it's Android 5.0 that I'm facing the software issue. This is why I want to get right under the hood and find out how to write and modify firmware for it.

I've tried searching around but I'm getting nothing but bull's tail. I'm going to keep searching but honestly, this is ridiculous. (Talking about the searches, not you. Thanks for pointing that out anyway) :good:
Nothing to do with that. If a firmware flash doesn't fix it, it's a hardware issue. Could be a number of factors...dirt and dust by camera or the camera is loose somehow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Sprint Note 3 running Lineage 7.1.1 on T-Mobile. using XDA-Developers Legacy app