[THEME] AOSP Theme For Stock Deodexed MI7/Tweaked With Multi Color Add-Ons

Search This thread

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Found two more places with white text:

1. The Cancel and Delete buttons in the upper right corner in the Call Log when you try to delete items from the log.

2. The Cancel and Save buttons in the upper right corner of the screen where you select your bubble styles in the SMS app.

3. The Cancel and Delete buttons in the upper right corner of the thread list in the SMS app when you try to delete one or more threads.

4. The Cancel and Save buttons in the upper right corner when editing a contact.

I keep finding more and more of those "Cancel and Save/Delete" button combos with white text; I think you should just assume every single one is white and search for and fix all of them at once.

Also, how can I remove the battery percentage that's inside the battery icon? I always enable the percentage text next to the icon in the Battery settings, because the text inside the icon right now is so small you can't read it when the phone is on the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: foreverloco

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
N3_screen2.png

Awesome. Great to see you here. You have the best looking and most supported theme I've personally seen. Let me know if you need anything. :)

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Found two more places with white text:

1. The Cancel and Delete buttons in the upper right corner in the Call Log when you try to delete items from the log.

2. The Cancel and Save buttons in the upper right corner of the screen where you select your bubble styles in the SMS app.

Might wanna look for every place that has Cancel and Save/Delete buttons in the upper right corner and make sure they're all black.

Also, how can I remove the battery percentage that's inside the battery icon? I always enable the percentage text next to the icon in the Battery settings, because the text inside the icon right now is so small you can't read it when the phone is on the table.

I'm getting ready to head out for the night, but I'll put those on the list for tomorrow and try to at least finish the phone apk. As for the battery, there's no way to remove the %, but later down the road I'll add some different battery mods and add the battery in the theme, but with no %.

Awesome. Great to see you here. You have the best looking and most supported theme I've personally seen. Let me know if you need anything. :)

Thanks man and I will. Just getting started and still learning the device so it'll be a bit before I even get close to how I have the Note 2 theme.

Sent from my SM-N900T

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
I'm getting ready to head out for the night, but I'll put those on the list for tomorrow and try to at least finish the phone apk. As for the battery, there's no way to remove the %, but later down the road I'll add some different battery mods and add the battery in the theme, but with no %.

Thanks man and I will. Just getting started and still learning the device so it'll be a bit before I even get close to how I have the Note 2 theme.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Also TWEAKED will be here soon enough...

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010

Thank you for all your awesome work. :D I offer my thorough testing services (which is what I actually do at my day job).

Some more white text (also added to the list in my previous post):

3. The Cancel and Delete buttons in the upper right corner of the thread list in the SMS app when you try to delete one or more threads.

4. The Cancel and Save buttons in the upper right corner when editing a contact.

I keep finding more and more of those "Cancel and Save/Delete" upper-right-corner button combos with white text; I think you should just assume every single one is white and search for and fix all of them at once.

Also, minor thing but looks weird... the message title text in the SMS app that you fixed from white to black a few posts back has a weird black "shadow" now and looks jagged... guess it's a leftover from when it was still white? Not sure what it is but it looks funny.

Last edited:

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Thank you for all your awesome work. :D I offer my thorough testing services (which is what I actually do at my day job).

Some more white text (also added to the list in my previous post):

I keep finding more and more of those "Cancel and Save/Delete" upper-right-corner button combos with white text; I think you should just assume every single one is white and search for and fix all of them at once.

Also, minor thing but looks weird... the message title text in the SMS app that you fixed from white to black a few posts back has a weird black "shadow" now and looks jagged... guess it's a leftover from when it was still white? Not sure what it is but it looks funny.

Might be a bit longer til I get the update up. Can't seem to find where those white save/delete text are yet.The black shadow is fixed. I forget to remove the shadow bit from the xml when I changed the text to black and the phone apk is also done. I just wanna find those text first. Grrr lol

Hehe... slowly but surely... :)

You can't rush genius :D

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
Might be a bit longer til I get the update up. Can't seem to find where those white save/delete text are yet.The black shadow is fixed. I forget to remove the shadow bit from the xml when I changed the text to black and the phone apk is also done. I just wanna find those text first. Grrr lol

You can't rush genius :D

Hey, what tool are you using to decompile 4.3 system apps?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Hey, what tool are you using to decompile 4.3 system apps?

1.5.2 but the contacts resources gets scrambled , so you can't use it, but can still use the other xmls and the phone apk errors out on recompile, so for now it's only png themeing on that apk. Framework-res, and secmms works fine, systemui is fine too, but have to edit a couple of layout xmls in it to get it to compile. Haven't really gotten into decompiling the other apks yet as I just added some icons for now. But I did talk with Alexia Whitehurst and she said that she spoke with ibotpeaches and he said the next apktool version should fix those issues.

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
1.5.2 but the contacts resources gets scrambled , so you can't use it, but can still use the other xmls and the phone apk errors out on recompile, so for now it's only png themeing on that apk. Framework-res, and secmms works fine, systemui is fine too, but have to edit a couple of layout xmls in it to get it to compile. Haven't really gotten into decompiling the other apks yet as I just added some icons for now. But I did talk with Alexia Whitehurst and she said that she spoke with ibotpeaches and he said the next apktool version should fix those issues.

Awesome. Thanks for all the info. I've had nothing but problems since Android 4.3

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010

You rock! Just a clarification on the leftover shadow - it was both on people's names when in a conversation AND on the word "Messages" when in the list of conversations. Figured I would point it out since it seems every damn button and heading has its own XML file... lol.

Oh, and more white text in the corner... when viewing a contact group in the Phone app, the contact count (number in parentheses) in the upper right corner is white and has a shadow.... you probably hate me now! Haha.

Last edited:

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Updated!

- Fixed all the white delete/cancel text. - Was a bish looking for this. Why oh why must there be duplicate xmls in different folders in the framework-res :mad:
- Themed SecPhone.apk - Not exactly how I want it, but will do til I can compile it when a new apktool version is dropped and get to edit xmls.
- Made mms widget semi transparent also fixed a few icon in the apk
- Few changes in the framework
- Made the am/pm in the status bar clock small
- Added the individual fixes I've posted before

If any issues are found please take screenshots, so I can know where the issue is. Thanks and enjoy!

Oh! The shadow in the mms header text "Messages" will have to wait for the next one. Couldn't find that one just yet, but will keep looking.

You rock! Just a clarification on the leftover shadow - it was both on people's names when in a conversation AND on the word "Messages" when in the list of conversations. Figured I would point it out since it seems every damn button and heading has its own XML file... lol.

Oh, and more white text in the corner... when viewing a contact group in the Phone app, the contact count (number in parentheses) in the upper right corner is white and has a shadow.... you probably hate me now! Haha.

Lol no hate dude. Reason why I posted this so early in it's stage is so others could help me find things I would miss. Sorry though that I didn't read your edit til now about that number in contacts.. I'll make sure to get at it with the next release.

Last edited:

Anthony820

Jan 3, 2012
Greensboro
Looks great. If I had one oh so minor complaint it'd be the inability for Nova to transparent the notification/system bar post install. :(

Keep up the amazing work, though. Coming from a Note 1 -- but maintaining the wife and mother's Note 2's -- I was always jealous that I was never able to skin my touchwiz to AOSP.

Edit: Also, for what it's worth, this works fine with 100% stock odexed ROM.

Top Liked Posts