[TOGGLES] ADD NOTE 4 TOGGLES TO NOTE 3's with Lollipop/Note 4 Port!

Search This thread

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
Note 4 Toggles added to Note 3 with Lollipop/Note 4 Port:

-> Side Key Panel
-> Touch Sensitivity
-> Ultra Power Saving Mode

Status: Currently tested & working perfectly on DomPop ROM -> http://xdaforums.com/note-3-tmobile/development/rom-dompop-0-1-3-stock-tw-lollipop-5-0-1-t2988660

Note 4 Toggles:

note4_toggles.png

Note 3 with added Toggles:

note3_toggles.png

How to:

1. Download SQLite Editor from the PlayStore or any other SQL Editor for Android...

note3_sql_version.png

2. Go to the FILES TAB on top, and Navigate to:

/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db/system/

and look for:

notification_panel_active_app_list

Press and hold notification_panel_active_app_list and select EDIT RECORD... (notification_panel_active_app_list is like 3/4 to the bottom on my phone)

add the lines as shown in the pictures... Exit APP, Reboot... Done.

note3_toggles2.png

This might work on most Note 4 Ports/Lollipop Ports based on Note 4... Again, tested on DomPop ROM.

Last edited:

amk19

Jul 3, 2014
Bangalore
@TEKHD Side Key and Private mode isn't working. How to make it work?
I am on stock XEO poland firmware​

thinhletien

Jul 10, 2008
Calgary, Canada
the stupidity of note 3 lollopop is even it dont have the Data enable/disable :eek::eek::eek: make me so angry. Mine is N900W8, did try DomPop Rom, but have so many bugs for my device: led notification, auto reboot, battery drain like a beast, etc..... unable to use. So change to visionX with DarkQueen kernel, and everything work perfectly :eek::eek:
So sad about dont have data toggle.

AllanonX

Mar 9, 2008
San Diego
www.communitygreen.me
the stupidity of note 3 lollopop is even it dont have the Data enable/disable :eek::eek::eek: make me so angry. Mine is N900W8, did try DomPop Rom, but have so many bugs for my device: led notification, auto reboot, battery drain like a beast, etc..... unable to use. So change to visionX with DarkQueen kernel, and everything work perfectly :eek::eek:

LED flashing on DomPop is a feature of the ROM not a bug. Battery drain resolves after 24 hours for me but I'm glad VX is working out for you. It is a sweet ROM for sure.

Reactions: phrotac and kpirnie

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Lavaca, AR
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

You didn't install DomPop properly. That's why you had all the bugs. Also, the led flashing is a mod feature, not a bug. It flashes different colors according to communications. You'd know that if you read the 3 post OP ?. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm on the defensive, but you are talking bad about a stable and perfectly smooth running rom when it was you who didn't follow the posted instructions. Anyway, good luck with your toggles ?

Sent from my DomPop Note 3/Note 4 Hybrid (Note 3 Hardware - Note 4 Firmware)

thinhletien

Jul 10, 2008
Calgary, Canada
You didn't install DomPop properly. That's why you had all the bugs. Also, the led flashing is a mod feature, not a bug. It flashes different colors according to communications. You'd know that if you read the 3 post OP . I'm sorry if I sound like I'm on the defensive, but you are talking bad about a stable and perfectly smooth running rom when it was you who didn't follow the posted instructions. Anyway, good luck with your toggles

actually i followed exactly step by step in install instruction. About led flashing, it not flashing according to communications like you said, it flashed all the time on my device, even dont have any misscall or mess or .. etc, the device just in standby, and led still flashing every 7-10secs, i tried to turn off all the led notification, but nothing change.
What is your device anyway? Same as me N900W8??? I dont blame the rom or anything else relate to it, just listed the problems i had when i follow exactly what they told us to do. Thats why i have stable and smoothly with VisionX.
I knew DomPop is a good rom so far, thats why so many people using it. So dont misunderstood me. All i want to say is my bugs i had with that rom, thats all.

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
actually i followed exactly step by step in install instruction. About led flashing, it not flashing according to communications like you said, it flashed all the time on my device, even dont have any misscall or mess or .. etc, the device just in standby, and led still flashing every 7-10secs, i tried to turn off all the led notification, but nothing change.
What is your device anyway? Same as me N900W8??? I dont blame the rom or anything else relate to it, just listed the problems i had when i follow exactly what they told us to do. Thats why i have stable and smoothly with VisionX.
I knew DomPop is a good rom so far, thats why so many people using it. So dont misunderstood me. All i want to say is my bugs i had with that rom, thats all.

This is what hes talking about tool.

Page 1, Post 3 Changelog

"- ShadowLED by @CekMTL
- - - - - - Make sure you turn off LED Notifications in settings, as there could be conflicts :), if you don't want this feature simply delete 03ShadowLED from /system/etc/init.d
- - - - - - This makes your LED flash different colors based on certain activity
- - - - - - - - - - - - RED = External SD
- - - - - - - - - - - - GREEN = Internal SD
- - - - - - - - - - - - BLUE = Wifi"

Its a feature not a bug... It even has instructions (if you can read) on how to remove said FEATURE.

Please... Do me and my followers a favor, flash somebody elses rom and stay away from mine.

dungtran88

Mar 27, 2009
I was able to make ultra Powersaving show up in the notification but it doesnt do anything when I click on it. Anyone know what I did wrong? I currently using DomPod 5.0.9.2

efenety

Nov 23, 2014
Moncton
Sm-n900w8> can note 3=(smart)phone

I do have the same device and the fact is if you take the time to read what you are installing, you could thank the Developers instead of spearing false information.
Thank you to TEKHD. WONDERFUL WORK. A+
Cheers

Reactions: TEKHD

Jibsterz

Mar 9, 2015
Flashlight toggle bug?

So I tried the steps like above, saved, restarted, new toggles show up but there's a bug with the flashlight(FL) toggle.
After I installed it, the FL toggle shows up, but when I edit the toggle layouts the FL toggle disappears. Only way to restore this is to reset the layout back to default
See link to see what I'm talking about: imgur. com/a/61HRb

Would be really great if I could get this fixed, thanks! ^_^
T-mobile Note 3 on DomPop URv2.2.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note 4 Toggles added to Note 3 with Lollipop/Note 4 Port:

-> Side Key Panel
    -> Touch Sensitivity
    -> Ultra Power Saving Mode

Status: Currently tested & working perfectly on DomPop ROM -> http://xdaforums.com/note-3-tmobile/development/rom-dompop-0-1-3-stock-tw-lollipop-5-0-1-t2988660

Note 4 Toggles:

note4_toggles.png

Note 3 with added Toggles:

note3_toggles.png

How to:

1. Download SQLite Editor from the PlayStore or any other SQL Editor for Android...

note3_sql_version.png

2. Go to the FILES TAB on top, and Navigate to:

/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db/system/

and look for:

notification_panel_active_app_list

Press and hold notification_panel_active_app_list and select EDIT RECORD... (notification_panel_active_app_list is like 3/4 to the bottom on my phone)

add the lines as shown in the pictures... Exit APP, Reboot... Done.

note3_toggles2.png

This might work on most Note 4 Ports/Lollipop Ports based on Note 4... Again, tested on DomPop ROM.

This is what hes talking about tool.

Page 1, Post 3 Changelog

"- ShadowLED by @CekMTL
    - - - - - - Make sure you turn off LED Notifications in settings, as there could be conflicts :), if you don't want this feature simply delete 03ShadowLED from /system/etc/init.d
    - - - - - - This makes your LED flash different colors based on certain activity
    - - - - - - - - - - - - RED = External SD
    - - - - - - - - - - - - GREEN = Internal SD
    - - - - - - - - - - - - BLUE = Wifi"

Its a feature not a bug... It even has instructions (if you can read) on how to remove said FEATURE.

Please... Do me and my followers a favor, flash somebody elses rom and stay away from mine.
    Black panel is sick do you mind if I ask where you got it or is it a personal mod? Nice info as well.:good:

You didn't install DomPop properly. That's why you had all the bugs. Also, the led flashing is a mod feature, not a bug. It flashes different colors according to communications. You'd know that if you read the 3 post OP ?. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm on the defensive, but you are talking bad about a stable and perfectly smooth running rom when it was you who didn't follow the posted instructions. Anyway, good luck with your toggles ?

Nice panel on note 4 ;)
    Thats nezt for me :)

Oo oo oo. And 1st ;)