[ROM][TAR] SM-N910P Stock OF5 Odin Flashable

Search This thread

tommacco

May 13, 2011
Why did you repackage cache? It only contains csc related things and I assume won't flash with odin unless the entire tar is repacked with a different md5
I removed the cache.img.ext4 file because after flashing the full firmware the phone would not boot past recovery (some issue with a vertification check on a tree, i dunno, didn't make sense to me) and some advice on another thread suggested this would fix. I did have to repackage the entire tar with a different md5, but also not a huge problem, and it still didn't trip the knox counter. It installed fine through ODIN without the cache partition, though I did make sure I did a factory data reset and wiped /cache before booting into the downgraded OS. The device is still functional, no problems.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Why did you repackage cache? It only contains csc related things and I assume won't flash with odin unless the entire tar is repacked with a different md5
Note that I assume this whole cache.img.ext4 removal would be unnecessary if not trying to downgrade from the OTA PE1/PE2 updates.

tommacco

May 13, 2011
Welp, as it turns out perhaps the PD1 firmware didn't go back far enough for me. Took about a day or so but I'm back to the same old bull****, plus I was having issues with roaming. flashing back to PE1. Might have to give a custom rom a go

monson987

Sep 21, 2010
Sorry for the rookie question, but I unzip the file that I downloaded, and there's no ".tar" file - only a folder containing the boot/recovery/etc... files. Odin doesn't recognize these files. What do I do?

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Sorry for the rookie question, but I unzip the file that I downloaded, and there's no ".tar" file - only a folder containing the boot/recovery/etc... files. Odin doesn't recognize these files. What do I do?
You should have a tar.md5 file when you extract. Maybe you extracted one time too many or the file wasn't zipped to start with?

Nonetheless, stock tar files can be found in general forum for Sprint Note 4. IDK why you're flashing such an old one unless you didn't know where to find them.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63868221&postcount=1

Edit: if you're already updated to Android 5.1 and up, don't Odin any stock tar less than OG5. Odin can't flash the lesser security bootloader of KitKat and Android 5.0

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: monson987

pvii

Apr 10, 2011
Ialoveni
Fail...

Hi there!
I downloaded this ROM and tried to find PDA slot in Odin, there are not such slot...
If I load ROM in AP or any other slot, update fails.
I downloaded it again, the same error...
Are there any additional Odin options I should activate? Now active: "auto reboot" and "force reset time".

Attachments

• Odin-fail.png
    Odin-fail.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Odin-ops.png
    Odin-ops.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts