Other than the removal of Knox and Sprint Itson, the ROM is 100% stock in every other way. It is stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. This ROM is intended for those people who want the stock ROM in it's original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson, as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base ONLY if you contact me prior to using it. If I find users using my work without proper credits I will report you and make you look like a fool. Do the right thing and give credits to people for their time and work. It's a courtesy and respect thing, nothing more. With that said, I highly recommend other rom chef's/dev's to use this base rom because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung tar ball. Last but not least, if you appreciate my work please press that Thanks button, rate this thread and consider a kind donation! Enjoy!
Mods, etc will be in post #2 below.
Important Notes: Before flashing ANY Marshmallow 6.0.1 TW-based ROM, including this one, you MUST first do one of the following:
1. Take the Marshmallow PC1 ota update on your phone. (Start by being on the stock unrooted OK1 rom then take the PC1 ota update)
2. Odin flash the stock PC1/PD1 ROM tar using odin on your PC.
Once you have correctly updated your Note 4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1, software version N910PVPU4DPC1 or N910PVPS4DPD1 DO NOT... I repeat, DO NOT attempt to root your phone with CF-auto root or other methods. It will soft brick your phone. Instead, you ONLY need to flash the latest TWRP recovery using odin on your pc. Nothing else. These ROMs will pre-root your phone using the new systemless root by Chainfire as well as flash the stock PC1/PD1 kernel.
If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5, OG5, OJ6 or OK1 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 PC1 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 6.0.1 PC1 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned. Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions and warnings.
Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***
1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal and external storage to another location just to be safe.
2. Download the ROM using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).
3. VERIFY the MD5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the androidfilehost MD5 using a MD5 tool on your pc. (Google "md5 checksum windows") for a good MD5 tool for your pc.
4. Put the downloaded ROM onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.
5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the Samsung logo then release all buttons.
6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to wipe "Data". This will wipe all of your user data such as google accounts so MAKE SURE you backed up first like I said in step #1 above! Next go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended when first updating to a major software revision such as 4.3 to 4.4 or 5.0.1 to 5.1.1, or 5.1.1 to 6.0.1. The reason is to remove left-over data from previous version of Android and start with a clean slate. I highly recommend doing this for a trouble-free experience.
7. Choose the "Install" option and select the ROM "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPU4DPC1_1.0_03302016.zip " or "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPS4DPD1_1.0_04302016.zip " from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the ROM and give a confirmation once completed.
8. Reboot system. The phone will reboot two times while the systemless root builds the new .img and properly sets up root on your phone. It is automated so let it do it's thing. Once the Samsung boot animation completes the phone will boot in approximately 12 minutes.
9. Let the phone optimize for at least 12 minutes (for the deodexed rom) and the screen will show the setup wizard once it finishes. Proceed to setup your phone.
10. Once finished with the setup wizard, wait a few moments and the phone will automatically download the Sprint "bloat" installer and begin installing the addition Sprint apps exactly the way it does on a new phone when you first turn it on. That's it! You're done!
flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However, all of my roms, mods, etc are pre tested by myself and other testers prior to public release.
Stock-Rooted-TW-Marshmallow, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPU4DPC1 - N910PVPS4DPD1
Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4DPC1_N910PSPT4DPC1_CL7381751_QB87 94358_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar / N910PVPS4DPD1_N910PSPT4DPD1_N910PVPS4DPD1_HOME.tar
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-05
Current Beta Version: N/A
Last Updated 2016-05-07