FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [Touchwiz-PC1,PD1] [100% Stock, Root, No KNOX, No Itson] [4/5/2016]

2,017 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,744

By tx_dbs_tx, Senior Member on 6th April 2016, 04:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Once again I bring to you completely stock builds of Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (N910PVPU4DPC1 and N910PVPS4DPD1) for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4.. The ROMs are built from the official Samsung tar balls. The ROMs will self root upon flash and have init.d/busybox support. Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed. These ROMs are completely stock with all of the original factory installed apps. You will have to de-bloat yourself if you so choose.

Other than the removal of Knox and Sprint Itson, the ROM is 100% stock in every other way. It is stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. This ROM is intended for those people who want the stock ROM in it's original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson, as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base ONLY if you contact me prior to using it. If I find users using my work without proper credits I will report you and make you look like a fool. Do the right thing and give credits to people for their time and work. It's a courtesy and respect thing, nothing more. With that said, I highly recommend other rom chef's/dev's to use this base rom because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung tar ball. Last but not least, if you appreciate my work please press that Thanks button, rate this thread and consider a kind donation! Enjoy!
Mods, etc will be in post #2 below.

Important Notes: Before flashing ANY Marshmallow 6.0.1 TW-based ROM, including this one, you MUST first do one of the following:
1. Take the Marshmallow PC1 ota update on your phone. (Start by being on the stock unrooted OK1 rom then take the PC1 ota update)
2. Odin flash the stock PC1/PD1 ROM tar using odin on your PC.

Once you have correctly updated your Note 4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1, software version N910PVPU4DPC1 or N910PVPS4DPD1 DO NOT... I repeat, DO NOT attempt to root your phone with CF-auto root or other methods. It will soft brick your phone. Instead, you ONLY need to flash the latest TWRP recovery using odin on your pc. Nothing else. These ROMs will pre-root your phone using the new systemless root by Chainfire as well as flash the stock PC1/PD1 kernel.

If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5, OG5, OJ6 or OK1 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 PC1 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 6.0.1 PC1 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned. Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions and warnings.

Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal and external storage to another location just to be safe.

2. Download the ROM using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the MD5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the androidfilehost MD5 using a MD5 tool on your pc. (Google "md5 checksum windows") for a good MD5 tool for your pc.

4. Put the downloaded ROM onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the Samsung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to wipe "Data". This will wipe all of your user data such as google accounts so MAKE SURE you backed up first like I said in step #1 above! Next go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended when first updating to a major software revision such as 4.3 to 4.4 or 5.0.1 to 5.1.1, or 5.1.1 to 6.0.1. The reason is to remove left-over data from previous version of Android and start with a clean slate. I highly recommend doing this for a trouble-free experience.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the ROM "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPU4DPC1_1.0_03302016.zip " or "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPS4DPD1_1.0_04302016.zip " from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the ROM and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Reboot system. The phone will reboot two times while the systemless root builds the new .img and properly sets up root on your phone. It is automated so let it do it's thing. Once the Samsung boot animation completes the phone will boot in approximately 12 minutes.

9. Let the phone optimize for at least 12 minutes (for the deodexed rom) and the screen will show the setup wizard once it finishes. Proceed to setup your phone.

10. Once finished with the setup wizard, wait a few moments and the phone will automatically download the Sprint "bloat" installer and begin installing the addition Sprint apps exactly the way it does on a new phone when you first turn it on. That's it! You're done!

Credits:

@Chainfire for root and SuperSU. Without him we would not have root. Thank you!

@TeamWin for TWRP recovery. http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 and here

flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However, all of my roms, mods, etc are pre tested by myself and other testers prior to public release.

XDA:DevDB Information
Stock-Rooted-TW-Marshmallow, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
tx_dbs_tx
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPU4DPC1 - N910PVPS4DPD1
Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4DPC1_N910PSPT4DPC1_CL7381751_QB87 94358_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar / N910PVPS4DPD1_N910PSPT4DPD1_N910PVPS4DPD1_HOME.tar

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-05
Current Beta Version: N/A

Created 2016-04-06
Last Updated 2016-05-07
The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to tx_dbs_tx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tx_dbs_tx Ad-Free

6th April 2016, 04:33 AM |#2  
Mods
(my hotspot mods are made to work on both stock odexed and deodexed roms for their corresponding software version. The installer script will automatically handle everything, just flash and reboot and you're done)
Note: These hotspot mods are primarily intended for stock roms. If you run a custom rom that has a modified services.jar then flashing these "stock" hotspost mods will break those other mods in services.jar, such as reboot mod for MM roms. Check with the rom dev for details on specific mods used in their roms before flashing these. In any case, these hotspot mods will work fine even if other mods in a custom rom get replaced by the stock java classes. No harm either way, you would simply be without the custom mods.
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to tx_dbs_tx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tx_dbs_tx Ad-Free
6th April 2016, 04:33 AM |#3  
last one... just in case.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tx_dbs_tx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tx_dbs_tx Ad-Free
6th April 2016, 04:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx

last one... just in case.

Thank you tx_dbs. You are so awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to tommy_2q For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tommy_2q Ad-Free
6th April 2016, 04:43 AM |#5  
Sorry it took so long to get this rom posted. i've had it done for several days, i just didn't post it. Anyways, it's good to go!
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to tx_dbs_tx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tx_dbs_tx Ad-Free
6th April 2016, 01:58 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx

Sorry it took so long to get this rom posted. i've had it done for several days, i just didn't post it. Anyways, it's good to go!

Been patiently waiting on this, thank you sir!!
6th April 2016, 02:19 PM |#7  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Awesome work! Using the Texas mirror for obvious reasons.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pdaddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pdaddy Ad-Free
6th April 2016, 02:20 PM |#8  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 1,876

Donate to Me
More
I am downloading this now, I mainly use AOSP but have been waiting to try your flavor of the official MM release, thanks!
6th April 2016, 02:29 PM |#9  
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 2,094

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOVYJOSHCLARK

I am downloading this now, I mainly use AOSP but have been waiting to try your flavor of the official MM release, thanks!

Lol its stock. Not really his flavor

Sent from my 0x1 Note 4...... I love tep
6th April 2016, 03:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Finally a twrp flash3ble pc1 stock rom! Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jglm4u For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jglm4u Ad-Free
6th April 2016, 03:55 PM |#11  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 1,876

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420

Lol its stock. Not really his flavor

Sent from my 0x1 Note 4...... I love tep

his flavor enough, meaning it is deoxed, no itson, no knox, goodies like that.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Shoot, mine didnt self root, I followed the directions to the T (using TWRP 3). Anyone else have issues?

-EDIT, correction, it still didnt self root using TWRP, however using SuperSu-v2.46.zip in recovery DID work and installed the correct binaries needed to root. So it seems to work and boot NP with this version of binary installed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)