FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Native hotspot on stock rooted

334 posts
Thanks Meter: 159

By llawen, Senior Member on 16th November 2014, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I found this in Sprint note 3 section. Used it on wifes phone. I will confirm this also works on note 4.
All credit goes to idone. Not my work. Just sharing here.
You MUST BE ROOTED.
Download sqlite editor. Open sqlite editor, select files. Then
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db/
Select carriers. The last 2 lines (APN2LTE internet) and (APN2 EHRPD internet) you will see (default,mms), add ,dun.
It will look like this
default,mms,dun
Make changes in both lines, reboot, enjoy.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to llawen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift llawen Ad-Free

17th November 2014, 04:57 AM |#2  
Flag outside of ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 480

More
Native Hotspot works perfect on stock rooted with the GalaxyTools app. GalaxyTools is what most people are using to get native hotspot working. It's super easy(it's an app, so it doesn't get much easier than that), and it includes other useful features as well.
FYI, idone is the developer of GalaxyTools https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...one.galaxymenu
17th November 2014, 07:22 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I know I have it. This is just another way to do it so you dont have to use an app. Correct me if im wrong. If you use Galaxy Tools and delete app you delete hotspot mod.
17th November 2014, 11:48 PM |#4  
Flag Santa Barbara
Thanks Meter: 1,209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llawen

I know I have it. This is just another way to do it so you dont have to use an app. Correct me if im wrong. If you use Galaxy Tools and delete app you delete hotspot mod.

Look guyz... If you talk to sprint, native hot spot is now a free add-on. No more need for the hack.
17th November 2014, 11:54 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Where did you here that. We called sprint last week. We was told $20 for 2gb, and $50 for 5gb. And 5 cents per mb overage.
18th November 2014, 12:05 AM |#6  
Flag Santa Barbara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llawen

Where did you here that. We called sprint last week. We was told $20 for 2gb, and $50 for 5gb. And 5 cents per mb overage.

I found it on my new bill and called sprint. Told them, HEY! I don't want that and I don't want to pay for it. Answer back was it's free. All you have to do is ask. Straight from sprint. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. My experience.
18th November 2014, 12:12 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Well I did ask. Was told to pay for it. We hung up. Hacked it. Now it is free.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to llawen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift llawen Ad-Free
18th November 2014, 12:17 AM |#8  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 592

More
Its free in Galaxy Apps
The Following User Says Thank You to xxSTARBUCKSxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xxSTARBUCKSxx Ad-Free
18th November 2014, 12:32 AM |#9  
Flag Santa Barbara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSTARBUCKSxx

Its free in Galaxy Apps

Ok, here's the word... Just talked to CS. if you upgrade phone and change the plan to a lower cost plan it gets thrown in. Sorry if I caused any confusion... My bad

EDIT : what sprint now calls a share plan... Less data but $30 a month less. No biggie for me.
18th November 2014, 12:50 AM |#10  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 98

More
what does having a "native Hot Spot" do??
im on a framily shared data plan.. will this benefit me??
thanks for any and all replies
18th November 2014, 01:15 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill110

Ok, here's the word... Just talked to CS. if you upgrade phone and change the plan to a lower cost plan it gets thrown in. Sorry if I caused any confusion... My bad

EDIT : what sprint now calls a share plan... Less data but $30 a month less. No biggie for me.

Np. I was curious about it. My wife wanted it because att uverse pissed us off so we ditched them. She wanted to be able to pay bills on pc. This hack i posted here is perfect for her. She doesnt know anything about rooting phones and all these apps. For her less is better.... (Dont tell her I said that...roflmao). Im not giving up unlimited for anything. So hacking works for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)