FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HOW DO I change my NAT type from 3 to 2 using from my mobile Hotspot

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By raider09, Member on 27th July 2015, 08:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been looking for months for a solution this problem that I have been having. I have a Playstation 4 and I am using my phone as a mobile hotspot to provide connection for it while using the native tethering that comes with the phone. When connected I'm on NAT type 3 and would like to be on NAT type 2 for the purpose of being able to connect with others online easily for gameplay. My phone is rooted and everything is up to date on it. I ask that when providing help that you please be as basic and thorough with the instructions. I also would like to apologize if this has already been asked and solved. I can also provide whatever screenshots are needed.
27th July 2015, 08:32 PM |#2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 593

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raider09

I have a Playstation 4 and I'm on NAT type 3 and would like to be on NAT type 2 for the purpose of being able to connect with others online easily for gameplay. My phone is rooted and everything is up to date on it.

Might get a quicker, more helpful reply there.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1279620
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxSTARBUCKSxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xxSTARBUCKSxx Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 03:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,245

More
Quote:

I have been looking for months for a solution this problem that I have been having. I have a Playstation 4 and I am using my phone as a mobile hotspot to provide connection for it while using the native tethering that comes with the phone. When connected I'm on NAT type 3 and would like to be on NAT type 2 for the purpose of being able to connect with others online easily for gameplay. My phone is rooted and everything is up to date on it. I ask that when providing help that you please be as basic and thorough with the instructions. I also would like to apologize if this has already been asked and solved. I can also provide whatever screenshots are needed.

Are you using an ad blocker? May be off-topic but I'm having to white list items for client devices. Or just disable ad blocker.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
28th July 2015, 03:05 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Katy, TX

More
I am not using an ad blocker. I've contacted Fabio Grasso by email but he wasn't cooperative.
The Following User Says Thank You to raider09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raider09 Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 02:33 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Katy, TX

More
He contacted me and said...

"as mentioned earlier, this does not depend on the app but the carrier
You must have a public IP
The app has support DMZ, but unless you have public IP that does not work"

How do I do this?
29th July 2015, 03:08 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

He contacted me and said...

"as mentioned earlier, this does not depend on the app but the carrier
You must have a public IP
The app has support DMZ, but unless you have public IP that does not work"

How do I do this?

I believe you need to check your router settings for VPN support. There should be a wiki for wherever that leads you. Either third party firmware for your router or integrated support. Firmware from DD-WRT, OpenWRT, Tomato and some manufactured routers have it integrated as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenVPN

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samep Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 03:12 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Katy, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samep

Are you using an ad blocker? May be off-topic but I'm having to white list items for client devices. Or just disable ad blocker.

I am not using a router sir. I am using my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4's mobile hotspot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raider09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raider09 Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 03:32 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

I am not using a router sir. I am using my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4's mobile hotspot.

Right, I'm not keeping on topic.

Try this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...penvpn.openvpn

The Following User Says Thank You to samep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samep Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 03:51 AM |#9  
Flag Fort Recovery
Thanks Meter: 2,140

More
Quote:

I read somewhere that if you have a laptop you can run an ethernet cable from your PS4 to the laptop then use hotspot to connect the laptop to the internet, that it might work.
Worth a shot if you have a laptop.
The Following User Says Thank You to ianmb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ianmb Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 03:54 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Katy, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmb

I read somewhere that if you have a laptop you can run an ethernet cable from your PS4 to the laptop then use hotspot to connect the laptop to the internet, that it might work.
Worth a shot if you have a laptop.

I could do that but I'd prefer to just use my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to raider09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raider09 Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 06:12 AM |#11  
Flag Fort Recovery
Thanks Meter: 2,140

More
Quote:

I could do that but I'd prefer to just use my phone.

Well that might be your only solution
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)