FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OTA MM update crashes phone. What's the best route to fix this?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By palehorse864, Junior Member on 4th April 2016, 10:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My phone was working pretty well on the 5.1.1 lollipop update, no crashes, somewhat okay battery life after a full factory reset and manual installation of programs (Reinstalling with kies seemed to kill battery life again). I jumped at getting the MM update when it as available. I had previously rooted my EVO 4g and had issues getting updates after a certain point, so I haven't rooted my Note 4 yet, since I was happy with the updates.

Now, though, the MM update keeps crashing my phone. It will sometimes maintain stable operation for 20 minutes, but it will eventually crash and reboot. I once got the mmc_read_failed error on a reboot, but I am not completely sure what is causing the issue. The phone worked fine until the OTA update installed. After that point, it crashed once while setting up my Google account and has been crashing regularly ever since.

What's the best way to fix this? Are there any good Marshmallow updates I can install, either rooted or stock. Also, any I can use Odin for?
The Following User Says Thank You to palehorse864 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palehorse864 Ad-Free

9th April 2016, 12:56 PM |#2  
Flag Santa Barbara
Thanks Meter: 1,235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse864

What's the best way to fix this? Are there any good Marshmallow updates I can install, either rooted or stock. Also, any I can use Odin for?

Check out @tx_dbs_tx 's stock pre rooted DeOdexed 6.0.1 romantic here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3352832
12th April 2016, 03:14 PM |#3  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Factory reset AFTER your OTA updates clears up most problems.
Good luck
15th April 2016, 02:53 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I had this happen. I was getting the mmc read failed 6x a day. Nothing fixes it. Internal mem failed. My free replacement came in today. TWRP, tx's rooted stock Rom/everything restored with tb..... Good to go.

Sad too, it was a launch day mint condition phone.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA-Developers mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)