Search This thread

lilferraro

Jul 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
LineageOS 14.1 Nougat
Powered With Emotion Kernel FOR Sprint Note 4
SM-N910P

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FQQa2TSa.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Instructions :

Download the latest build and gapps (and su package if you want to root your device)
Reboot to recovery
Flash the latest build and gapps
Flash su package for root privilages
Reboot

Downloads :

DOWNLOAD ROM

Download Google Apps

Download su addon for root

Reporting Bugs

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

LineageOS Source

EmotionOS Kernel Source

-Thanks to @saintz13 For guidance and proprietary blobs @EmotionOS For kernel @niv71 for previous work on Cyanogenmod
The LineageOS team
and of course all of you!

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
lilferraro
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-03-11
Last Updated 2017-03-10

Last edited:

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
I have compiled LineageOS_14.1 for Sprint Note 4 I didnt have time to make this thread all fancy so I'll update it ASAP

Download

Let me know what you think.........

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
lilferraro
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-03-11
Last Updated 2017-03-10

I moved this to the dev forum. Also, please update the OP with your kernel sources :)

geresh007

Sep 17, 2016
winnipeg
Hello I have been daily driving this ROM for about a week now I have experienced some issues where by when I launch the camera apk and some other apk my phone reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.