[ROM] TWIZtd DeVELOPMENT (S7---S8---N7---N4 Roms) for T-Mobile Note 4 (JUN.27.2017)

Should I make an N4 Stock Rom with massive amount of mods?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JavixKGD

May 9, 2015
Somewhere around here.....
I installed the S8 port on my N910T. The install was smooth until I tried to sign in to my Samsung account. I'm being told the username or password are incorrect, but I know they are correct. Is it me?
Dunno bud, I never had that issue. When I was working on the N4, everything was running smooth as butter. Maybe some other user can chime in.

Sent from my Chimera N8

JavixKGD

May 9, 2015
Ok, the only reason I'm asking the following is because after searching the entire thread I have not been able to figure out if those running BB=EPK2 tried the N4 Based Rom or one of the other ROMs offered here? I want to upgrade to N4 Based Rom, because I want the full functionality of finger scanners, etc... What I have is BB=EPK2, Kernel version 3.10.40-9385989 (24Mar2017), current Rom N910T3UVU3EQC1.odex.by.pvsgh (Rom runs good, but I keep having app stopping issues which I cannot resolve). Thanks.
Well, dont know for sure bud, cuz I am no longer developing for the N4. Now, I do believe that everyone was able to flash up to the latest bootloader. So, just give it a try and see how it goes

Sent from my Chimera N8

Scorpo900

Sep 22, 2007
Palm Beach, Fl
Well, dont know for sure bud, cuz I am no longer developing for the N4. Now, I do believe that everyone was able to flash up to the latest bootloader. So, just give it a try and see how it goes

Sent from my Chimera N8
Ok for any other with same baseband N910TUVSEPK2, the N4 ROM installs good. So far not many hiccups, a few random restarts, but it may be a power manager app conflict. The ROM is really fast and the phone is not heating up like it did before. Read somewhere that random re-starts can also be caused by kernel conflicts, is that true? which kernel to use for N4, if so? Thanks.

JavixKGD

May 9, 2015
Ok for any other with same baseband N910TUVSEPK2, the N4 ROM installs good. So far not many hiccups, a few random restarts, but it may be a power manager app conflict. The ROM is really fast and the phone is not heating up like it did before. Read somewhere that random re-starts can also be caused by kernel conflicts, is that true? which kernel to use for N4, if so? Thanks.
Well for the most part, as the previous post said, people have been saying Flashpoint has been giving up the best results

Sent from my Chimera N8

Scorpo900

Sep 22, 2007
Palm Beach, Fl
Ok had to suspend use of N4, random soft reboots turned constant and at entry, so it became a boot-loop. Will have to test with Flashpoint kernel, in a few days ahead. Thanks.

Ok Running now with the following:
N4 Rom V3.0 - here
Baseband: N910TUVS2EPK2
Kernel: 3.10.108_Flashpoint.v4-beta

So far running no restarts. But a little hot. thanks.

Post Note: If doing a Restore from a Recovery backup and you were using the fingerprint scanner, and now it doesn't recognize fingerprints and neither it's backup password, use the following solution, it works:
Originally Posted by high king
By using root explore go to data folder then validity folder and delete template.db file.
This will reset the fingerprint scanner to accept new fingerprints and password.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcohen67

Scorpo900

Sep 22, 2007
Palm Beach, Fl
I may be one of few running N4. My Files is working for me. What I found is that Majisk started causing a lot of conflicts and crashed it. I deleted Majisk. But been having SU binary occupied warnings. So I may have to revert to. A previous nandroid backup. Will report later. Thanks

nikolaxxx

Dec 31, 2008
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Status bar colour

Hi,
I installed this rom for the first time. Everything works great. I have only one question, i installed N7 without UI, and i have diferent color in the status bar, can someone explain me how to meke it same as rest of the screen colour. Screenahots are below...
Thank you in advance...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180716-215938.jpg
    Screenshot_20180716-215938.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 327
  • Screenshot_20180716-220015.jpg
    Screenshot_20180716-220015.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 309

JavixKGD

May 9, 2015
Hi,
I installed this rom for the first time. Everything works great. I have only one question, i installed N7 without UI, and i have diferent color in the status bar, can someone explain me how to meke it same as rest of the screen colour. Screenahots are below...
Thank you in advance...
That is the way its supposed to be bud, unless u have the modded UI installed and use the potato gradient

Sent from my Chimera N8

Reactions: nikolaxxx

Scorpo900

Sep 22, 2007
Palm Beach, Fl
I believe my installing Magisk may be the reason for MOST of my issues with this rom collection. Going with SU is the most efficient decision.

Majisk caused. A lot of problems for me. Recuperating to SU also proved challenging, had to remove SU, install SUv2.79 reboot, extract supersu.zip from N4 and install through recovery, then reinstall SUv2.79 aPk to get rid of the SU bibary occupied error. My Majisk was in a zip for the kernel, I was not paying attention when installed it.
Anyways, update after a couple of weeks running almost everything I can think of in. A normal use, GPS, WiFi, 4g switchover, download and uploads, power drains, calls, (no WiFi calling yet). This Rom is performing great, thanks.

Reactions: kcohen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok my good people, I bring you a repertoire of roms from my personal collection. First, the S7 International Port for our great T-Mobile Note 4.

Secondly, I am also bringing in an N7 International Port for our beloved device.

Thirdly, I am also bringing in an S8-ish International Port for our beloved device.

Lastly, I am bringing a N4 rom which is uses T-Mobile stock firmware for our beloved Note 4.

First things First, I am in NO WAY RESPONSIBLE if you brick, damage, break or simply blow up your phone! This is a custom ROM and will void your warranty!​

TWIZtd Rom S7 v3.3/TWIZtd Rom S8 v2.0/TWIZtd Rom N7 v3.0/ TWIZtd Rom N4 v3.0
    You Must be on EPE3/EPG2 baseband, on your N910T/T3
    YES! It works with either baseband! (Although it has been reported to have been used with up to latest baseband)

Changelog

Look in post # 2

What Works?

Pretty Much everything

What does not work? (Up Until Now)

NO WI-FI CALLING (Only N4 Rom has Wi-Fi Calling)
    Fingerprint (Only N4 Rom has Fingerprint Working)
    AOD (Sort of)
    Minor bugs
    Anything else, report here!

Rom Information

These ROMs were my personal ROMs, I just decided to share my work so others can also enjoy the many mods that have been worked into these ROMs. I am not looking for requests so don't make any. Again I am only sharing my work, based on what I like for my ROMs and what I wanted in them. If there is an issue that needs fixing by all means, do report and I will try my best to help on the issue and fix it if possible.

With that being said there are four different roms:

TWIZtd ROM S7
    This is the final version of the TWIZtd Rom S7. It is one single rom with everything already included in it.
    TWIZtd ROM N7
    This is the final version of the TWIZtd Rom N7. It is one single rom with everything already included in it.
    TWIZtd ROM N4
    This is the final version of the TWIZtd Rom N4. It is one single rom with everything already included in it.
    TWIZtd ROM S8
    This is the final version of the TWIZtd Rom S8. It is one single rom with everything already included in it.

There are five other very important files that are available for download:

TWIZtd UI N7
    This is the modded UI that is to be flashed if you want to have mods in your UI

TWIZtd UI S8
    This is the modded UI that is to be flashed if you want to have mods in your UI

TWIZtd ROM Mods
    This is the folder that will provide the user with many options to customize their rom even further. Things like kernels, Xposed, different apps that work on the rom etc. There are some Apps that are specific to each rom. Please ensure that you are going to be using the app zip that goes with your rom. This is not a flashable zip. It is a RAR file, that is meant to have its contents extracted to where the user so desires. Clarifying note, many of these mods are not mine, I have just compiled them here and brought them to one place to make the life of you users easier.

Boot Sounds
    This is a RAR file that contains some boot sounds that I have compiled and put together in one file. These are not mine, I take no credit for them at all.

Boot Animations
    This is a RAR file that contains some boot animations that I have compiled over the past year or so and have put many in flashable format that were not. Most have been put in flashable format by me and I really cannot remember who the original owners of each boot animation is, there are ones that were made by the original owners of the boot animation and I have not changed those at all, they are there with original owner information and all. These are not mine, I take no credit for them at all.

Install Instructions (They are the same for all FOUR roms with minor exceptions to the N7/S8. Read Carefully the following instructions please!!!!)

Important Note Before Installing TWIZtd S7/N7
    A clean install is mandatory for these roms. Please do not dirty flash over previous builds. You will not get a fully working rom. There are going to be errors present. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

1. Copy TWIZtd ROM S7/S8/N7/N4 (Whichever you choose) to your ExtSDCard
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik x3
    4. Install TWIZtd Rom from ExtSDCard
    5. Reboot and fully set up TWIZtd ROM
    6. (N7/S8 ONLY) When done, IF desired reboot recovery again
    8. (N7/S8 ONLY) Flash TWIZtd UI N7 or S8 (whichever one you installed) for a customized experience
    9. Reboot and enjoy!!!!!
    10. Initial Boot Time of TWIZtd Rom S7/S8/N7/N4 is approximately 10-15 Minutes so be patient. Sometimes, it could be a bit more, max wait time should be up to 25 minutes. Hopefully you will enjoy my work!
    11. THE TWIZtd MODS FOLDERS ARE NOT FLASHABLES, THEY ARE FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD AND EXTRACT TO THE LOCATION DESIRED. THE ZIP FILES INSIDE THE RAR FILES ARE FLASHABLES.

Install Instructions for other Note 4 Variants

1. Follow the rom install instructions
    2. Flash data fix for device
    3. Flash kernel supported by device
    4. (N7/S8 Only) Flash SuperSu

Files for other devices to work on S7

For N910P Click here

Themes

For great themes that work on this device please visit @Ufo71 in any of his many custom theme threads here, here and here.

Also visit this thread by one of the greats @ted77usa which is here. It has many great themes as well by him and many other great themers like @silitek, @parkerj7uc, @DJ Richie Dee amongst many other themers that are currently participating in all the threads before mentioned. Make sure you go by all the threads and say thanks to these great themers.

Downloads

MEGA

Beta ROMs & UIs

MediaFire

TWIZtd Rom Mods
    TWIZtd Rom Mods
    Boot Sounds
    Boot Animations

Android File Host
    TWIZtd Rom S7
    TWIZtd ROM S7

TWIZtd Rom S8
    TWIZtd Rom S8
    TWIZtd UI S8

TWIZtd Rom N7
    TWIZtd ROM N7
    TWIZtd UI N7

TWIZtd Rom N4
    TWIZtd ROM N4

TWIZtd Rom Mods
    TWIZtd Rom Mods
    Boot Sounds
    Boot Animations

Credits and Thanks!

@OvrDriVE for base rom (S7 and N4), for mentoring me, for all the help, for all the patience, for all the time he took to explain many things to me and help me understand ROM development more.
    @stangdriver44 for all the great guides, for undertaking the task of mentoring me and for always lending a hand to those in need all around the forum and threads.
    @Er.Aditya for his help in some smalis regarding the wifi, signal and statusbar icon colors on the N4 Rom. Many thanks my friend. I would not have found it on my own.
    @Marcelo765 and @BAN(MAGNO)for all their hardwork in theming apps to look Nougat and making the Nougat themed framework. If u want to make any contributions to them please visit their thread here
    @lowkeyst4tus for compiling every needed app from Fougat to make my N7 rom an S8. If not for him S8 rom would not be possible. If u want to make any contributions for S8, give them to him.
    @daxgirl for all the great guides on the many great mods!!!
    @tdunham for the massive library of mods he has on his thread here and to every dev that put their time into the guides that are there. You are just too many to mention my friends.
    @The Sickness for his great work with the tethering provisioning on both roms.
    @asc1977 for his great work on the growing library of guides and mods for MM here and for the AOD brightness control mod.
    @DaOldMan for AOD brightness control mod
    @pas2001 for allowing me to use the toggle background from his many great themes and for giving us many enjoyable themes.
    @Ufo71 for allowing to use extra toggles that were extracted from themes that are in his custom themes thread.
    @edzamber for helping me out to get many mods working and also for Xposed Modules deactivator! Merci beaucoup, monsieur!!!!!
    @Albe95 for UX/S8 ported apps
    @Albe96 for S7 Nougat/S8 ported apps
    @jjjhitel for S8 ported apps
    @Naoufalstitou for S7 Nougat UI. I themed mine base on his, but all credits for the icons, colors, and toggles go to him. If you want to contribute to his work please visit his thread here
    @mrRobinson for adaway
    @Lanc-City for N7 base along with Norma Team
    @goosa23 for testing S7
    @iandy1 for testing N7/S7
    @juankyhd2 for testing N7/S7
    @BIGDADDYXXL for testing N7/S7
    @ikrom for his great guides
    @KLPFL for providing files needed to have rom work on N910P and for testing it on N910P
    @freeza for beastmode kernel
    @Ram121 for Ram kernel
    @Patrick.H(NX Team)
    @karkasss (NX Team) and their share of AOD Touch/Bluelight filter fix here
    @develoid ALT and F4 for AOD touch / Bluelight filter fix
    The good people at @A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems for the great sound mod of Viper4ARISE and Dolby ATMOS.

If I have forgotten anyone else, please do PM me and I will add you quickly, because credit is given where it is due!!!

MANY THANKS TO ALL, HOPE YOU ENJOY MY ROM!!!!!!

P.S. IF YOU ARE ENJOYING MY ROM, I DO NOT ASK FOR DONATIONS. HOWEVER, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU GIVE THIS ROM A THUMBS UP JUST FOR ENJOYING IT AND MOTIVATING ME TO KEEP MOVING FORWARD. IF THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF LIKES I WILL ASSUME PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT ENJOYING THE ROM AND I WILL CEASE TO BE INVOLVED AS THERE IS NO PURPOSE AND ALL THE WORK IS NOT APPRECIATED. MANY HOURS GO INTO DEVELOPING A ROM, AND WHILE I HAVE DONE THIS FOR ME, OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF MY ROCKY HEART I HAVE DECIDED TO SHARE, SO SAY THANKS WITH THOSE THUMBS UP. THANK YOU!!!!!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWIZtd ROMS S7/S8/N7/N4, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    JavixKGD, lowkeyst4tus
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EPE3/EPG2 Baseband
    Based On: Samsung

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: S7 3.3/S8 2.0/N7 3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-05-30

Created 2016-11-12
    Last Updated 2017-12-06
    Changelog

TWIZtd ROM S7

TWIZtd Rom S7 Final
    Updated to SuperSU SystemMode 2.79
    S8 Fonts
    S8 Sounds
    S8 Internet
    S8 Music
    S8 Voice Recorder
    S8 Notes
    S8 Boot Animation
    S8 Icons
    S8 Calculator
    S8 Voice Recorder
    Nougat Keyboard
    Set font size to settings
    Added condensed/normal icon size in settings
    Other Nougat stuff that cant remember!!

TWIZtd ROM S7 3.2
    Added AOD brightness control
    Added Multi layer BG to Notification Panel Dropdown BG
    Added Toolbox (Small addendum 12 Apps Now)
    Added volume control panel mods (Theming and More Items)
    Added track skip with volume keys
    Added 300+ fonts
    Added Smart Stay Fix
    Added UX Email

TWIZtd ROM S7 Stock
    Added UX Email
    Added Smart Stay Fix

TWIZtd ROM S7 3.1
    Fixed lockscreen security thanks to @OvrDriVE
    Fixed Camera only showing last picture taken
    Added Samsung and Google TTS
    Added Kernel Auditor
    Added some CSC and build.prop tweaks
    Added 23 more toggles backgrounds, thanks to our great friends @Ufo71 and @pas2001

TWIZtd ROM S7 3.0
    Initial release for users
    Complete S7 Port (Theme Store Working)
    S7 Dialer (Modded)
    UX Apps
    VoLTE Fixed
    Hotspot Fixed

TWIZtd ROM S8

TWIZtd ROM S8 Final

SuperSU SystemMode 2.79
    Ram Kernel RC2
    S8 Contacts
    S8 InCallUI
    S8 Framework
    S8 Launcher
    S8 Fonts
    S8 Weather
    S8 Sounds
    S8 Internet
    S8 Music
    S8 Voice Recorder
    S8 Notes
    S8 Boot Animation
    S8 Icons
    S8 Calculator
    S8 Voice Recorder
    Nougat Keyboard

TWIZtd ROM N7

TWIZtd ROM N7 Final
    Fixed the rom not booting for all devices
    Updated to SuperSU SystemMode 2.79
    Updated to Ram Kernel RC2
    S8 Launcher
    S8 Fonts
    S8 Weather
    S8 Sounds
    S8 Internet
    S8 Music
    S8 Voice Recorder
    S8 Notes
    S8 Boot Animation
    S8 Icons
    S8 Calculator
    S8 Voice Recorder
    Nougat Keyboard

TWIZtd ROM N7 3.0
    Initial Beta
    Complete N7 Port Theme Store Working
    Added Flashlight Toggle
    Added AOD Touch and Brightness Control
    Hotspot Fixed
    Nougat UI
    N7 Camera
    Too many mods to mention (Find it all out for yourself)

TWIZtd ROM N4

TWIZtd ROM N4 Final
    SuperSU SystemMode 2.79
    S8 Fonts
    S8 Sounds
    S8 Internet
    S8 Music
    S8 Voice Recorder
    S8 Notes
    S8 Boot Animation
    S8 Icons
    S8 Calculator
    S8 Voice Recorder
    Nougat Keyboard
    S7 Calendar
    S7 Theme Store (Only for Icons and Wallpapers)
    S7/N7 Edge Panels
    S7 Modded Dialer
    S7 Nougat UI Themed
    N7 MyFiles
    N7 IncallUI
    N7 Modded Launcher
    N7 Video Player
    Many, Many Mods!!!!!!
    Q & A

S7 Rom

The colors on my text in settings is white, what do I do?

If it is white it means you set up stock rom, installed 3.1 update and have not opened TWIZtd Control. Open it, go to phone and look for phone settings mods and change colors of the text to your liking.

Does xposed work on this rom?

Yes, I use Wanams build 87.1. This has the regular and alt all in one. It is included in TWIZtd Rom mods zip file

Does this offer wi-fi calling?

NO, this is an international rom.

The brightness slider or brightness itself is not working, what should I do?

Try turning off AOD==Always On Display (either in the quick settings toggles or in settings/display) lock your screen and wake again. All should be fine now. Also try changin from adaptive display to AMOLED Cinema. Reboot if necessary after changes to see if brightness works now.

S8 Rom

The mods for the Launcher in TWIZtd Control are not working, what gives?

That is because you are using a stock S8 launcher which comes with the rom. No mods whatsoever. There is no 6th Gear Swipe or Upday when swiping to the left either. If you want, flash the modded launcher in TWIZtd Rom mods zip file

The UI is getting laggy when there are 4+ notifications being displayed. Is this normal?

Yes, this happens due to the massive modding done to the framework to make it look like Nougat. There is no fix for this. It is what it is, and if you want Nougat framework, then you have to live with that

Yes, I use Wanams build 87.1. This has the regular and alt all in one. It is included in TWIZtd mods zip file

Try turning off AOD==Always On Display (either in the quick settings toggles or in settings/display) lock your screen and wake again. All should be fine now. Also try changin from adaptive display to AMOLED Cinema. Reboot if necessary after changes to see if brightness works now.

The flashlight toggle is not working, what should I do?

You should press the small arrow next to the toggle name to expand flashlight toggle options. There increase the intensity of LED and turn the switch on. Now it will work everytime by just pressing the toggle as that whole process is a one time deal

N7 Rom

The mods for the Launcher in TWIZtd Control are not working, what gives?

That is because you are using a stock S8 launcher which comes with the rom. No mods whatsoever. There is no 6th Gear Swipe, Upday or Flipboard Briefing when swiping to the left either. If you want, flash the modded launcher in TWIZtd Rom mods zip file

Yes, I use Wanams build 87.1. This has the regular and alt all in one. It is included in TWIZtd mods zip file

N4 Rom

The icons in my notification are white and the background as well. So it is white on white, what do I do?

This means you have not gone into TWIZtd Control and looked into Framework Preferences and looked under Notification Preferences. There you can change your colors to what you want.

Yes, I use Wanams build 87.1. This has the regular and alt all in one. It is included in TWIZtd Rom mods zip file

Yes, this is a T-Mobile base. It has all T-Mobile stock features like Wi-Fi Calling, Fingerprint for lockscreen, Video Calling and Advanced Messaging.
    Ooooook.....so after I release my next 4 TWIZtd roms, I will be putting development on a halt, rather a pause really. Why? You might be asking. Well, there is a really good reason for this. The final 2 standing devs for Tmobile Note 4 (yours truly and @Lanc-City) have decided to join in efforts in giving all Note 4 users a good reason to be happy about having a Note 4. We are going to try and port features that have not been seen or felt in a N4 stock rom. We are going to attempt the impossible, and we have no limits or boundaries set on where to stop. We are just going to milk the thing as much as we can to give the rom some prestige. We are now not just going to be looking at massive modding (me crazy modder) we are going to be looking at porting features from S8 (Like UI, IncallUI, Messages, hopefully themes), with stock features like Wifi Calling, Advanced messaging, video calling and so on. The wish list is getting longer, we now just have to sit back and strap in for the modding ride. So that is that, hope everyone is enjoying their day!!!! Enjoy the news!!!!
    Ok guys, uploading new S8. The new one has RC2 Ram Kernel. I also added a new Samsung Cloud and changed the Samsung Account apks. I am in the hopes that this might fix the issue with some users not being able to get backups from Samsung. When it uploads I will post in OP, I also added S8 UI to OP. I have also updated the N7 UI in OP to have signal and wifi icons colored.

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA-Developers Legacy app