By DeeXii, Senior Member on 29th June 2016, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2016, 11:46 PM |#21  
Flag Camden NJ
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Fixed
Thanks this worked
The Following User Says Thank You to cellcaset For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cellcaset Ad-Free

4th December 2016, 04:32 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Huge thanks ! Save me from factory reset
6th December 2016, 02:11 PM |#23  

More
YESSS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeXii

Occasionally when using Titanium Backup to freeze / uninstall certain preinstalled apps like Facebook screen rotation will stop working.
This is because Titanium Backup removes libgnustl_shared.so during the uninstall.

To fix this:
-Download libgnustl_shared.so
-Copy libgnustl_shared.so to /system/lib
-Reboot!

Download libgnustl_shared.so

Thanks to freeza for the info.

YESSSSS!!!!
Thank you!!!
...also worked on my VZW Note 4 running 6.0.1
4th January 2017, 03:14 PM |#24  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Thanks for this.

Quote:

Occasionally when using Titanium Backup to freeze / uninstall certain preinstalled apps like Facebook screen rotation will stop working.
This is because Titanium Backup removes libgnustl_shared.so during the uninstall.

To fix this:
-Reboot!

20th January 2017, 04:00 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Guys this didn't work for me. Running a Note 4, just updated to MM, as soon as I removed Facebook it broke auto-rotate. I downloaded the lib file from here, put it in my /system/lib, and rebooted, and it didn't work. Someone said try changing the permissions, but my permissions were already set to that, so I tried just adding even more permissions, then rebooted, still don't have autorotate. Any ideas?
19th February 2017, 06:43 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
cant access /system/lib folder how do i do it?
19th February 2017, 08:26 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

cant access /system/lib folder how do i do it?

I'm assuming that if you made it this far, you have root access.

In order to make /system/lib accessible, you will need to make the root partition temporarily writeable long enough to copy the file over.

If you use a file manager app like ES File Explorer, you can go to its menu and scroll down until you see "Root Explorer". Make sure you enable that.

Then click on the Root Explorer item and it should bring up a list of options, including "Mount R/W"

Use that to temporarily enable copying the file for screen rotation to the correct folder and reboot. When you reboot, your root partition will once again be read only, which is the way its supposed to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to f4phantomii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift f4phantomii Ad-Free
19th February 2017, 08:40 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4phantomii

I'm assuming that if you made it this far, you have root access.

In order to make /system/lib accessible, you will need to make the root partition temporarily writeable long enough to copy the file over.

If you use a file manager app like ES File Explorer, you can go to its menu and scroll down until you see "Root Explorer". Make sure you enable that.

Then click on the Root Explorer item and it should bring up a list of options, including "Mount R/W"

Use that to temporarily enable copying the file for screen rotation to the correct folder and reboot. When you reboot, your root partition will once again be read only, which is the way its supposed to be.

thanks for explaining it better screen rotation works now
28th February 2017, 03:48 PM |#29  
nYc
Thanks Meter: 25

More
just wanted to say thanks. i installed a 6.0.1 ROM on my Note 4 that wasn't debloated and since removing crap was the first thing i did, i lost rotation without even knowing it (damn you, facebook). Thanks again!

Quote:

To fix this:
-Reboot!

28th April 2017, 02:23 PM |#30  

More
Thank you! This fixed the n910v verizon note 4 running rooted 5.1.1 with Oscars kernel. The cause was either freezing some apps in the app drawer, or using titanium backup to remove some bloatware apps. (Amazon. Audable. Facebook. Instagram.etc). Screen rotate would appear to work in some testing apps but not in the rest of android environment. I tried the ×#0×# code and battery pull and clear cache but that didn't work. Used root explorer to copy and it auto changed the library folder to write enabled. I think with es file explorer plus root you need to manually enable write privileges.
6th June 2017, 02:53 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

To fix this:
-Reboot!

Thanks for explaining aswell
The Following User Says Thank You to danbracket For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danbracket Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)