FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [TW 6.0.1 MM] QI2 STOCK Odex/DeOdex for Note 4 +Modem & Bootloader [10/23/2017]

708 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,124

By pvsgh, Senior Member on 24th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th October 2017, 09:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Bootloader and modem are for specific models, if your phone is not a 910t or 910t3, you cant flash this bootloaders/modems.

24th October 2017, 03:27 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic74

Can I flash bootloader and modem onto my Canadian Note 4? I am on AT&T network in the US

Provide a link for your stock ROM, I can pull latest bootloader and modem for your device too.
The Following User Says Thank You to pvsgh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvsgh Ad-Free
24th October 2017, 04:25 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvsgh

Provide a link for your stock ROM, I can pull latest bootloader and modem for your device too.

Problem is other carriers are not releasing updates to Note 4 like T-mobile. I should have the latest modem and bootloader from Canadian carriers. I am not sure if T-mo's ones are any better or newer.
24th October 2017, 04:51 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Problem is other carriers are not releasing updates to Note 4 like T-mobile. I should have the latest modem and bootloader from Canadian carriers. I am not sure if T-mo's ones are any better or newer.

I don't think you can flash T-mobile bootloader and modem on your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to pvsgh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvsgh Ad-Free
24th October 2017, 06:13 PM |#15  

More
Were you able to install xposed v88 and make it work?

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvsgh

I don't think you can flash T-mobile bootloader and modem on your device.

It may worth to try sometime later then
Worth to see if odin let you to flash, and then if it works. If hardwares are same then why worry. Worst case restore your backup if doesn't work, right?

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

What do you guys think about Magisk compared to SuperSU? Does it work on Note 4? Pros or Cons?
24th October 2017, 06:51 PM |#16  

More
Magisk works great on this roms. It´s the only way to pass safetynet.

Im not sure about installing this rom. Since I was thinking in dirty flash from qg1, not sure how will affect the little changes since qg1 was a t3 and this one is based on t1. Dont want to do a clean install
25th October 2017, 07:34 AM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5

Im not sure about installing this rom. Since I was thinking in dirty flash from qg1, not sure how will affect the little changes since qg1 was a t3 and this one is based on t1. Dont want to do a clean install

I did a dirty flash and I can not complain, everythibg works. I am sure better to have a clean flash but until having free time to afford a clean flash it can save the day(s).
The Following User Says Thank You to mystic74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mystic74 Ad-Free
25th October 2017, 04:02 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Were you able to install xposed v88 and make it work?

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

It may worth to try sometime later then
Worth to see if odin let you to flash, and then if it works. If hardwares are same then why worry. Worst case restore your backup if doesn't work, right?

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

What do you guys think about Magisk compared to SuperSU? Does it work on Note 4? Pros or Cons?

I have provided a link for working xposed framework for our device. I haven't tested the newer official version but you can try it. Also, Magisk works without issues, follow the instructions in #4 to remove SuperSU and flash the latest Magisk14.x zip file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will5

If you are on my previous stock ROM, you should be fine installing this newer version, ROM will remove all files within /system partition to cleanup old ROM related files. Nothing is touched within /data partition.

Quote:

I did a dirty flash and I can not complain, everythibg works. I am sure better to have a clean flash but until having free time to afford a clean flash it can save the day(s).

Dirtry flash from previous stock-ish versions is fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pvsgh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvsgh Ad-Free
25th October 2017, 10:21 PM |#19  

More
Hi, yes, Im on your rom qg1. Will try dirty flash!
26th October 2017, 12:45 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Baseband Version different
Sorry I'm not very experienced with this stuff.
I clean flashed this ROM (N910TUVU2EQI2_stock_deodex) and for some reason the baseband version is still N910T3UVS3EQB1
I have TWRP Recovery and flashed from there.

What am I doing wrong?
26th October 2017, 01:17 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanowiz

Sorry I'm not very experienced with this stuff.
I clean flashed this ROM (N910TUVU2EQI2_stock_deodex) and for some reason the baseband version is still N910T3UVS3EQB1
I have TWRP Recovery and flashed from there.

What am I doing wrong?

Baseband is modem, if you want to upgrade your modem you have to your flash modem for T3 version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pvsgh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvsgh Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)