Unofficial CM-12.0 for T-Mobile Note 4. (LollipopGang)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jpeps

Dec 20, 2010
Who get unlimited tether working

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NF-1087

May 10, 2008
I just flashed this just to see how it was and man was I blown away. I had to hurry up and switch back to TouchWiz so I wouldn't get hooked on it. XD (it was THAT smooth)

I would like to know where I can get a hold of that music player that's included in this ROM.

Hopefully I'll have some off days to use this as my DD sometime next week.

danon.brown

Apr 21, 2010
Austin, TX
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7a

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418512397849.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418512397849.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 555
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418512427202.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418512427202.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 603

fattire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
This is for *T-Mobile* only..

Hey Danon-- you might want to specifically mention that this is based off the t-mobile CM12 port, because I can see already that people are installing it on the other variants..... which is going to get you a lot of complaints about RIL stuff or SMS or whatever not working. I know it's the T-Mobile forum and all, but just a warning to expect issues if you've got a non T-Mobile phone might be valuable.

Also, a link back to the straight CM12 thread might be helpful for developers who want to contribute fixes. And/or, if you happen to discover any platform-fixes (ie, not the "lollipopgang"-specific stuff), please pass it back to Slayher.

Thx!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
Cm12! ? Is it wrong that I'm aroused? [emoji1] [emoji1]

I'm quite the heavy camera user. Can anyone let me now how the quality is for the camera?
I know I'll lose the touchwiz camera and features.. But how is the overall quality of the photos?

Thanks!

danon.brown

Apr 21, 2010
Austin, TX
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7a
Hey Danon-- you might want to specifically mention that this is based off the t-mobile CM12 port, because I can see already that people are installing it on the other variants..... which is going to get you a lot of complaints about RIL stuff or SMS or whatever not working. I know it's the T-Mobile forum and all, but just a warning to expect issues if you've got a non T-Mobile phone might be valuable.

Also, a link back to the straight CM12 thread might be helpful for developers who want to contribute fixes. And/or, if you happen to discover any platform-fixes (ie, not the "lollipopgang"-specific stuff), please pass it back to Slayher.

Thx!
Will do.

EclipzeRemix

Oct 8, 2011

Thx!
well, it is posted in the T-Mobile varient's dedicated forum.

Reactions: danon.brown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for *T-Mobile* only.. ***From the Moderator*** Support is not going to continue...so Thread Closed ~~~ oka1

This is also reported working on the Canadian N4

based off the t-mobile CM12 port.. Link below

http://xdaforums.com/note-4-tmobile/development/unoffcial-cm-12-0-t-mobile-note-4-t2964887

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

CM with some added goodies

If you don't know what you are doing please don't flash.
    If you have a question please read first, then ask.

Rom- https://mega.co.nz/#!KclmRBwJ!-PyO5tIDcuwx7mqBBXxlBhqccJcsTldufaIv0P4Wyxc

Gapps- REMOVED

Lollipop keyboard with number row:

xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/lollipop-keyboard-phones-root-t2910268

Camera alternative:

galaxy-note-3.wonderhowto.com/how-to/get-lenovos-exclusive-super-camera-apps-your-galaxy-note-3-0150388/

AOSP features to add on:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611415

---------------------------------------------------

OVERALL LIST OF STUFF THAT SEEMS TO WORK
    screen w/accelerated graphics
    sleep and return from sleep
    touchscreen multitouch
    panel backlight
    audio
    headphone jack detection/playing/buttons
    s-pen as mouse (w/ pressure data)
    wifi (not wifi-direct tho)
    Camera (front and back)
    SD card and internal storage and MTP
    voice calls
    LED lights (in correct colors)
    A ton more sensors (accelerometer/light sensor/proximity/gyroscope/sound/magnetic/pressure) work.
    vol/power/capacitive buttons + button backlight
    Torch
    Mobile data
    MMS/SMS
    Vibrator
    Video (w/o DRM) works w/sound & rotates correctly. Youtube, etc.
    screenshots/screenrecord
    GPS
    IR
    Hangouts video chat
    Bluetooth pairing/audio
    wireless charging
    Play store compatibility
    turn off capacitive buttons feature

Credits:

* PAC-ROM Team

* Cyanogen Team

* AOKP Team

* Paranoid Android

* SlimRoms

* RootBox

* Carbon ROM

* Vanir

* ChameleonOS

* Omnirom

* Paranoid SaberDroid

* Slayher

* Fattire

* TattooBoy

* Lollipop Gang

* KennyG123

Source Code: https://github.com/slayher/android_kernel_samsung_trlte

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Created 2014-12-12
    Last Updated 2014-12-12
    open again. thank you.
    Impressive! But still not quite ready to be a daily driver. Camera app is pretty lacking in options. Developer Settings not showing list view, all I get is a blank screen. When I reboot, for some reason contacts app is auto launching.
    Not really liking the icons and the Windows Phone esk color scheme, but that can be changed with theme changer. Can't wait for an official CM12 Stable.

Amazing that people get on here and complain about.......anything. They decided to share this and people post stuff like this. The camera options aren't lacking, they are stock Android. Like it or not. To mention something in developer settings like that, is well, insane. The rom runs well and is faster than ANY TW rom, period. The stock messaging app was the only thing I had an issue with and switching to Textra fixed sending and receiving mms'. Same issue existed in the L preview and was eventually worked out on the nexus 5 and official devices. Is this perfect, no. Are the devs going to tweak and hon it in, more than likely. Is it a daily driver, yes. It preforms and does all the basic Android functionalities just the way they should. Enjoy this for what it is, post bugs, but cmon now, this has been out several hours and people post stuff like this? Thanks to the devs and the hard work put into bringing this to us. Its smoking fast and I have really been enjoying Lollipop on this hardware as I have a Nexus 5 on Lollipop and it does not perform anything like this. I look forward to testing this more over the next couple of days. Thanks again.
    there should only be discussion of THIS rom in THIS thread..
    take any chatter about ANY other rom into THAT thread..

Totally rude, and classless to discuss someone else's work outside of their own thread.
    So far (and please Danon, correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't tried it) it seems that "LollipopGang" is basically Slayher's port + some different graphics and maybe some minor mods (?). The source posted in OP is actually Slayher's repo.

On Slayher's thread, where we initially announced the Note 4 port, we're adding fixes daily (look for a big one tonight), and also getting as many people to learn to build as possible so that everyone is empowered to make their own ROM from source.

If you're interested in learning to build (it's very doable!), head over to the thread linked above... The build instructions are there, and there are about 20 people doing their own build. I also think there will be a newer release from Slayher with some fun surprises soon.

Also, I highly recommend checking out the CM wiki, which gives you a ton of info about porting and building, including build instructions for all the devices that CM supports. (full disclosure-- I did work on it a bit so I'm biased)
    You guys are still trying to bring drama here, huh?

Slayher got credit and so did you. I think the other thread is mostly for new cooks. because the thread hasn't been updated since dec 11th.

most people will be using this since lot of us don't really have a lot of time to cook