Thanks Meter: 24

By NYiCoN, Junior Member on 7th August 2016, 05:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2017, 08:47 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYiCoN

I've been reading online that some people are receiving an error message similar to this:

ddi : mmc_read failed
ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N910T
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A2, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
UDC START

If so then there might be hope because I was able to successfully make my Note 4 go from a paper weight to a fully working phone. Aside from the error message in DOWNLOAD MODE there were multiple times where I had to remove the battery and place it back in because for some reason the phone wouldn't power on unless I did just that. I'm going to try my best to replicate what I did so that someone else can benefit from this.

You can find the files attached here in this link

***THESE FILES ARE ONLY FOR SM-N910T (SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4 FOR T-MOBILE)***

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...F9CTk1MSnJxQlE

***THESE ARE THE FILES YOU NEED***

1) ODIN 3.09
2) N910TTMB1COD6_Modem_CP.tar (5.0.1 Modem)
3) N910TUVU2EPE3_N910TTMB2EPE3_N910TUVU2EPE3_HOME_AP. tar (6.0.1 Firmware Stock)
4) N910TUVU2EPE3_CP.tar (6.0.1 Modem)

Instructions:

1)Place phone in DOWNLOAD MODE (volume down + home + power button)
2) Open ODIN 3.09
3) Place file N910TTMB1COD6_Modem_CP.tar in CP box
4) Place file N910TUVU2EPE3_N910TTMB2EPE3_N910TUVU2EPE3_HOME_AP. tar in AP box
5) Once ODIN is finished flashing the files power off your phone and go back into DOWNLOAD MODE
6) Place file N910TUVU2EPE3_CP.tar in CP box
7) Once the file is flashed your phone will be mmc error free and you will have a 100% working phone again.

If you're having any issues please let me know.

Thanks so much for taking your time to explain this! I almost thought my phone was dead!
My phone was on the epk2 and it suddenly started freezing, took a little while to come on when it went to sleep, lags between apps. I eventually installed a app called "Wakelock" which did help and made the performance like almost new. But then if i would power - off my phone and tried to turn it back on, it won't come on unless i removed the battery and placed it back in. The phone wasn't charging when powered off, even charging leds wont turn on . Most times to get it to turn on when powered off, i just had to remove the battery and put it back in and it would turn on fine, and i started the "wakelock" app which made the phone run perfect as long as i never restarted it. Sometimes the phone while booting would go download mode, and gave the "ddi: mmc_read failed boot error" which lead me to this thread!
By time i began seeing these symptoms i really thought it a hard-ware issue and my phone was dying.
The first thing i did was tried wiping cache, didn't help. Then i tried doing a factory-reset, didn't help either.
Then searching on xda, i found a thread "Note 4 PIT Files For Repartiton" https://forum.xda-developers.com/not...-t-w8-t3282641
I followed the instructions, and flashed over the stock epk2 firmware together with this pit file ( from sam-mobile) https://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30022for the s910t ( the one on the thread was not for 5.1.1 +)
After flashing both pit file and epk2 firmware, i booted into recovery and did a factory reset and then booted as normal.
Went through samsung setup, and the phone still was freezing abit. I still had the issue where i had to remove the battery to turn on the phone if powered off. But after doing this i saw that the phone started to be able to charge when powered off now.
In my hopes to fix the problem of the freezing and powering on issue, i decided to try NYiCoN's solution and followed his exact steps and flashed everything over the epk2. After it was done, the screen booted to "Optimizing apps" and eventually home screen. I then tried turning off and i can now power on the phone without removing battery, i haven't gotten the mmc read error and everything works like new.

This is what i did to solve my problem, i still can't believe it worked but i hope it can help others who have this problem and is thinking of replacing board. I now use my phone without the wakelock app as i don't need it anymore!
28th January 2017, 01:35 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastri B

Thanks so much for taking your time to explain this! I almost thought my phone was dead!
My phone was on the epk2 and it suddenly started freezing, took a little while to come on when it went to sleep, lags between apps. I eventually installed a app called "Wakelock" which did help and made the performance like almost new. But then if i would power - off my phone and tried to turn it back on, it won't come on unless i removed the battery and placed it back in. The phone wasn't charging when powered off, even charging leds wont turn on . Most times to get it to turn on when powered off, i just had to remove the battery and put it back in and it would turn on fine, and i started the "wakelock" app which made the phone run perfect as long as i never restarted it. Sometimes the phone while booting would go download mode, and gave the "ddi: mmc_read failed boot error" which lead me to this thread!
By time i began seeing these symptoms i really thought it a hard-ware issue and my phone was dying.
The first thing i did was tried wiping cache, didn't help. Then i tried doing a factory-reset, didn't help either.
Then searching on xda, i found a thread "Note 4 PIT Files For Repartiton" https://forum.xda-developers.com/not...-t-w8-t3282641
I followed the instructions, and flashed over the stock epk2 firmware together with this pit file ( from sam-mobile) https://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30022for the s910t ( the one on the thread was not for 5.1.1 +)
After flashing both pit file and epk2 firmware, i booted into recovery and did a factory reset and then booted as normal.
Went through samsung setup, and the phone still was freezing abit. I still had the issue where i had to remove the battery to turn on the phone if powered off. But after doing this i saw that the phone started to be able to charge when powered off now.
In my hopes to fix the problem of the freezing and powering on issue, i decided to try NYiCoN's solution and followed his exact steps and flashed everything over the epk2. After it was done, the screen booted to "Optimizing apps" and eventually home screen. I then tried turning off and i can now power on the phone without removing battery, i haven't gotten the mmc read error and everything works like new.

This is what i did to solve my problem, i still can't believe it worked but i hope it can help others who have this problem and is thinking of replacing board. I now use my phone without the wakelock app as i don't need it anymore!

Been there, done that. Give it a week and you'll have same issue again. Wake lock and not restarting is the only option that could be considered "workaround" but fact is our notes are having hardware issue and there is no legit fix without replacing the motherboard 😯

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeathEvil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeathEvil Ad-Free
29th January 2017, 07:46 PM |#53  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 411

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathEvil

Been there, done that. Give it a week and you'll have same issue again. Wake lock and not restarting is the only option that could be considered "workaround" but fact is our notes are having hardware issue and there is no legit fix without replacing the motherboard 😯

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Pretty much this.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ubigred For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ubigred Ad-Free
30th January 2017, 09:22 AM |#54  
Flag Reseda
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I did pretty much everything that is listed in this thread. My Note began to glitch with EPJ2 update. Fresh flashing fixed the issue only for a short period. Few days ago I flashed the new (december) update EPK2. The issue stopped for over 24 hours, but then it began again. Going into second day, the phone would hang while I'm using it and will reboot with short double-vibration, as it did before.

HOWEVER - now it glitches a bit less. I had enough of this and ordered new motherboard from ebay. Will let everyone know how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to AntonJart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AntonJart Ad-Free
17th February 2017, 12:02 AM |#55  
Flag Puerto Rico
Thanks Meter: 43

Donate to Me
More
This did not happen when it was in 5.1.1, for me it was the update to 6.0.1 that mess us all up. I never had this issue when running 5.1.1 all my issues began when updating to MM.
But Samsung is not taking any responssable for any issues. An I always tell myself this update was to take out the remaining NOTE 4 users. To buy the new models that are comming out in march. because of the fiasco of the Note 7. An also is ther ea way to test the motherboard for issues?
21st February 2017, 07:03 AM |#56  
Flag Modesto, ca
Thanks Meter: 430

More
The only workaround that has worked for me is the app Wakelock.

1. Download Wakelock from Play store
2. Open app and click on Partial_Wake_Lock should show a #4 meter
3. Make sure to open options up on app and check autostart on boot and notification just in case.

👌 so far so good just not avoid restarting phone as much as possible. Try a hot reboot instead of full if that
The Following User Says Thank You to insane209 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift insane209 Ad-Free
23rd February 2017, 12:26 AM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ODIN FAILED PIT related
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYiCoN

I've been reading online that some people are receiving an error message similar to this:

ddi : mmc_read failed
ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N910T
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A2, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
UDC START

If so then there might be hope because I was able to successfully make my Note 4 go from a paper weight to a fully working phone. Aside from the error message in DOWNLOAD MODE there were multiple times where I had to remove the battery and place it back in because for some reason the phone wouldn't power on unless I did just that. I'm going to try my best to replicate what I did so that someone else can benefit from this.

You can find the files attached here in this link

***THESE FILES ARE ONLY FOR SM-N910T (SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4 FOR T-MOBILE)***

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...F9CTk1MSnJxQlE

***THESE ARE THE FILES YOU NEED***

1) ODIN 3.09
2) N910TTMB1COD6_Modem_CP.tar (5.0.1 Modem)
3) N910TUVU2EPE3_N910TTMB2EPE3_N910TUVU2EPE3_HOME_AP. tar (6.0.1 Firmware Stock)
4) N910TUVU2EPE3_CP.tar (6.0.1 Modem)

Instructions:

1)Place phone in DOWNLOAD MODE (volume down + home + power button)
2) Open ODIN 3.09
3) Place file N910TTMB1COD6_Modem_CP.tar in CP box
4) Place file N910TUVU2EPE3_N910TTMB2EPE3_N910TUVU2EPE3_HOME_AP. tar in AP box
5) Once ODIN is finished flashing the files power off your phone and go back into DOWNLOAD MODE
6) Place file N910TUVU2EPE3_CP.tar in CP box
7) Once the file is flashed your phone will be mmc error free and you will have a 100% working phone again.

If you're having any issues please let me know.

Hi NYiCoN, I tried your solution but it failed because of PIT file not found. I have downloades several PIT files for the SM-N910T but none has been able to get installed. Maybe I am not using the right options in Odin. Advice please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ODIN 309 NYiCoN SOL FAIL 22 FEB 2017.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	4051196  
2nd March 2017, 09:04 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
please help...
in response to your post about the SM-N910t

i got an error. can you help me please? can you tell me if you had auto reboot and re-partition checked or f. reset time or any other boxed checked?

(1) eMMC write fail: ABOOT
2nd March 2017, 07:47 PM |#59  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur380

in response to your post about the SM-N910t

i got an error. can you help me please? can you tell me if you had auto reboot and re-partition checked or f. reset time or any other boxed checked?

(1) eMMC write fail: ABOOT

I think there is no solution to that but what I did was to remove the battery. Then press the power button for 1 minute. It will discharge your phone and then go to download mode and repeat the entire process. I used to get these errors randomly so best luck.

One note for the rest of the thread: I was also having this issue and last night I applied the solution but still no luck. Today I started using wake lock app (Wake Lock - PowerManager) and till then it has been working fine. Let's hope it stays this way. Otherwise, the phone was dead to me. I took me a week to reach to this thread and finally figuring out the solution. Thank you so much everyone and I'll update you all if anything changes.
2nd March 2017, 07:54 PM |#60  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 411

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidagill

I think there is no solution to that but what I did was to remove the battery. Then press the power button for 1 minute. It will discharge your phone and then go to download mode and repeat the entire process. I used to get these errors randomly so best luck.

One note for the rest of the thread: I was also having this issue and last night I applied the solution but still no luck. Today I started using wake lock app (Wake Lock - PowerManager) and till then it has been working fine. Let's hope it stays this way. Otherwise, the phone was dead to me. I took me a week to reach to this thread and finally figuring out the solution. Thank you so much everyone and I'll update you all if anything changes.

If you can. Trade it in and get a new phone. The sooner the better. Wish you luck.

2nd March 2017, 08:04 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred

If you can. Trade it in and get a new phone. The sooner the better. Wish you luck.

Selling is not an option in this condition but I'll try to find a better trade-in if it broke again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)