I would suggest to try it yourself. It is not hard. There are plenty of good videos available as how to disassemble your Note 4. I did this and I had no experience before. Now I am waiting for the motherboard to arrive and I'll replace the motherboard myself. Because going to repair shop means spending around $200 and it is tooo much.
Samsung f**ked me. They sent the phone back with "No economical way to fix" later i spoke to a rep and they said, your phone is rooted we don't touch rooted phones.
All the motherboards that i can find for my processor are marked as bad ESN. I already preordered the new galaxy s8 so i don't know if it's even worth fixing at this point.
I've been reading online that some people are receiving an error message similar to this:
ddi : mmc_read failed
ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N910T
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A2, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
If so then there might be hope because I was able to successfully make my Note 4 go from a paper weight to a fully working phone. Aside from the error message in DOWNLOAD MODE there were multiple times where I had to remove the battery and place it back in because for some reason the phone wouldn't power on unless I did just that. I'm going to try my best to replicate what I did so that someone else can benefit from this.
You can find the files attached here in this link
***THESE FILES ARE ONLY FOR SM-N910T (SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4 FOR T-MOBILE)***
***THESE ARE THE FILES YOU NEED***
1) ODIN 3.09
2) N910TTMB1COD6_Modem_CP.tar (5.0.1 Modem)
3) N910TUVU2EPE3_N910TTMB2EPE3_N910TUVU2EPE3_HOME_AP. tar (6.0.1 Firmware Stock)
4) N910TUVU2EPE3_CP.tar (6.0.1 Modem)
1)Place phone in DOWNLOAD MODE (volume down + home + power button)
2) Open ODIN 3.09
3) Place file N910TTMB1COD6_Modem_CP.tar in CP box
4) Place file N910TUVU2EPE3_N910TTMB2EPE3_N910TUVU2EPE3_HOME_AP. tar in AP box
5) Once ODIN is finished flashing the files power off your phone and go back into DOWNLOAD MODE
6) Place file N910TUVU2EPE3_CP.tar in CP box
7) Once the file is flashed your phone will be mmc error free and you will have a 100% working phone again.
If you're having any issues please let me know.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|