EASY STEPS -> N910T -> COD6/COG2 -> ODIN -> CF-ROOT -> TWRP RECOVERY -> FIX -> Done !

Search This thread

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
EASY STEPS -> N910T -> COD6/COG2 -> ODIN -> CF-ROOT -> TWRP RECOVERY -> FIX -> Done !

> > > THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOW TO ROOT & FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY TO YOUR NEW T-MOBILE N910TUVU1ANIH / N910TUVU1ANJ7 / N910TUVU1ANK4 / N910TUVU1COD6 / N910TUVU1COG2 LOLLIPOP 5.0.1 / KIT-KAT 4.4.4 SM-N910T NOTE 4 < < <

GUIDE CONFIRMED WORKING ON LOLLIPOP N910TUVU1COG2 / N910TUVU1COD6

THIS GUIDE IS FOR N910T USERS -> N910T3 USERS GO HERE

ROM MIRROR: N910TUVU2DOK2_N910TTMB2DOK2_TMB.zip -> LATEST 5.1.1
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087007994

Current Kernel -> DOK2_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087008020

ROM MIRROR: N910TUVU1COG2_N910TTMB1COG2_TMB.zip -> PREVIOUS 5.0.1
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789159

Previous Kernel -> COG2_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789171

Previous Older Kernel -> COD6_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789173

tekhd_fg_xda_sig.png

> New SPRINT LTE Icon! -> post #3!!!
> AT&T users don't forget to take a look at post #3!!!
> NEW! International Boot/Shutdown Animations also on post #3!!!
> Note 4 Service Mode / Secret Codes / Hidden Menu - SIM Unlock Method? I still have an empty thread here! What is going on? Nobody?
> IS Private Mode NOT Working for you after Rooting? - Try This... - TEST Check Out this! (Testing)
> Rooted SM-N910T - What works and what doesn't work with rooted N4. Check Out this! USEFUL INFO!
> I am returning from the T-Mobile Note 3 Section... Note Edge coming soon!... You can also find me @ the Note Edge Forums... I will personally try to port anything there is to port from the Note Edge to the Note 4

> > Thanks to user glberg17 (he sent me the file I needed in order to create the SD Card Fix) we now have the SD Card Fix included in the guide.

>>> GIVE THANKS TO CHAINFIRE EACH TIME YOU SEE A POST FROM HIM & OF COURSE THE TWRP TEAM! (Specially @bigbiff) THIS IS THE SOURCE POST

> > Before you Begin! -> Please note that this will trip your KNOX Counter!!!
> Please read this useful post for more information about KNOX!

divider-line1.png

˅ ˅ ˅ - - - G U I D E - - - S T A R T S - - - H E R E - - - ˅ ˅ ˅

WHAT YOU WILL NEED > > > Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot & RECOVERY TWRP . Also, just in case, Samsung USB Drivers.

Finally Download LOLLIPOP - Ext SD Card Write Fix
Finally Download KITKAT - Ext SD Card Write Fix

ROOTING YOUR ORIGINAL STOCK ROM . . . (N910TUVU1ANIH /N910TUVU1ANJ7 / N910TUVU1ANK4 / N910TUVU1COD6 / N910TUVU1COG2)

STEP -1 -> Reactivation lock must be disabled:

img20150702_162939.png

STEP 0 -> Make sure you already have the Samsung USB Drivers installed; if not... Download them from the link above and install them.

STEP 1 -> Unzip the CF-ROOT File (CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.zip)

STEP 2 -> You will now have a program called Odin3 v3.07.exe... Run the program as Administrator (Right click, run as administrator) Once you open Odin3 v3.07.exe you will have a screen with only 1 checkmarks on it:

odin-n4.png

ON THE PHONE -> Then Turn OFF Your Phone and Turn it back ON by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE.

> > > NOW CONNECT PHONE TO PC VIA USB < < <

STEP 3 -> Make sure your program looks like the picture above... Now click on PDA and browse for the file CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.tar.md5.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START

-> The program will flash the Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot for a few seconds then the phone will reboot by itself, you will see a RED ANDROID... and the phone will boot into Android again...

-> Android is Rooted,...!*! You now have a Rooted KitKat 4.4.4 / Lollipop 5.0.1 TMO ROM.

CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP RECOVERY)

STEP 4 Now, TURN OFF PHONE AGAIN > > > DOWNLOAD MODE AGAIN (by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE)

odin-n4_r.png

STEP 5 -> Now open ODIN v.3.07, then click on PDA and browse for the file openrecovery-twrp-2.8.1.1-trltetmo.img.tar.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START > > PHONE WILL REBOOT AFTER FLASHING RECOVERY . . .

-> Android is now Rooted with Custom Recovery!

EXTERNAL SD CARD WRITE FIX (This will make the APPS like Root Explorer / Titanium Backup and any other;... able to WRITE to EXTERNAL SD CARD, NOT JUST INTERNAL)

> > > Make sure file tmo_n910t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip or COD6_SD_Write_Fix_Mod_TEKHD.zip is in your Internal SD Card (Phone's Internal Memory < < < DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE, SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR PHONE

STEP 6 -> Now turn OFF Phone Again... This time you are going to the recovery... (Not Download Mode) So basically after the phone is off, you just turn it on by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME button together at the same time.

-> You will see this... SEE PIC BELOW . . .

twrp1.png

STEP 7 -> Now hit INSTALL (upper left) > then browse for the file tmo_n910t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip (KITKAT) or COD6_SD_Write_Fix_Mod_TEKHD.zip (LOLLIPOP).

And Swipe to Install...

twrp2.png

Flashing is complete...

Exit Recovery... Reboot (System Option in TWRP)

STEP 8 -> MORE than 104,000 VIEWS and LESS than 600 THANKS??? CLICK THANKS!!!.

-> DONE!!! Android is now Rooted with Custom Recovery plus External SD Card Write Fix!

Now... you are ready for this:

S6_Weather.png

Go HERE

> > > I just ask for a simple . . .
thanks.png

Last edited:

TEKHD

Update Baseband/Modem Only: (LATEST)

Screenshot 2015-11-02 18.10.23.png

N910T

Odin3_v3.10.7_with_N910T_DOK2_Modem_TEKHD.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087008029

______________ S D C A R D ___ F I X______________

SD Card Write Fix (Manual Method)

Just edit etc/permissions/platform.xml (using root explorer) as shown below...and reboot...

add line:
<group gid="media_rw" />

Now all apps will be able to write to external SD Card...

sdfix.png

>>> This works with both stock roms... Tested already with Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, Opera, Dolphin Browser, Ttorrent... all able to perfectly write directly to external sd card. Everyone who is having issues... check letter by letter the platform.xml modification, remember that you need to reboot the N4 after editing the file.... and... then test again by copying any file to external sd card using Root Explorer.

Last edited:

TEKHD

THIS POST KITKAT ONLY!!!

AT&T_logo_2005.png

Also... a gift for all AT&T users using the T-Mobile Note 4 on AT&T's network...
THANKS TO USER @Datblkbro from the AT&T Forum that gave me the files needed!!!

AT&T Note 4 Original Stock Bootanimation -> Turn your T-Mobile Note 4 into AT&T"s Note 4...

Flashable zips...

Download: Stock AT&T Note 4 Bootanimation for T-Mobile Note 4
Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile Note 4 Bootanimation
Download: Stock International Note 4 Bootanimation

REMEMBER TO CLICK THANKS!!!

AT&T:

att.png

internationala2.png

n4_boot_anim.jpg

divider-line1.png

AT&T_logo_2005.png

My Hybrid build.prop for T-Mobile N4 users on AT&T's Network!

From T-Mobile Stock build.prop: (See 4G LTE Icon)

img20141107_132933.png

To AT&T Stock (See 4G LTE Icon & Bootanimation same as AT&T N4 User)

img20141107_131045.png

att.png

AT&T FULL Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Stock AT&T Note 4 4G LTE Icon + Bootanimation for T-Mobile Note 4

Revert to Stock T-Mobile Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile 4G LTE Icon + Bootanimation

divider-line1.png

Sprint-logo.png

My Hybrid build.prop for T-Mobile N4 users that want Sprint's LTE Icon!
Thanks to @bigmase23 (he sent me the original Sprint build.prop)

sprint_lte.png

img20141108_033307.png

Stock Sprint LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Stock Sprint LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation
Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation

Last edited:

devynbf

Oct 20, 2012
Awesome, can't wait to refer to this guide tomorrow :).

You're a gentleman and a scholar :D

Reactions: TEKHD

kevs888

May 25, 2013
What is the EX SD Card Write fix you have listed in the OP? nothing happens when you click this - what is it supposed to link to? Just curious......

Not sure either, but it sounds like the same issue that the S5 had (actually, I think it's KitKat 4.4 maybe?) where one can't write to the SD card.

There's an app in Google Play called NextAppt SDFix that'll change the permissions so you can write to the SD Card instead of Device only.

This was a lifesaver for me with the S5.

Here's the LINK

TEKHD

What is the EX SD Card Write fix you have listed in the OP? nothing happens when you click this - what is it supposed to link to? Just curious......

Fix not created yet... It is a fix that will enable apps to write on the external sd card... For example, Root Explorer will be able to write to external sd card... Titanium Backup... Etc, etc... (KitKat issue)

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007
If I'm stock can I update thru settings then root after will it work after I update?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

TEKHD

Last edited:

pipergca

May 24, 2010
Santa Clarita
CF Auto Root is failing for me. Wish I could provide more details but following the instructions (I've done this many time with many phones) it fails about halfway through flashing. Anyone else try it yet? I need to Odin the full firmware now.

TEKHD

CF Auto Root is failing for me. Wish I could provide more details but following the instructions (I've done this many time with many phones) it fails about halfway through flashing. Anyone else try it yet? I need to Odin the full firmware now.

Strange... if you can, please post a screenshot so we can forward it to Chainfire's CF Root Threat...

I just re-uploaded the CF-Root file... just in case... download it again...

TEKHD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

> > > THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOW TO ROOT & FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY TO YOUR NEW T-MOBILE N910TUVU1ANIH / N910TUVU1ANJ7 / N910TUVU1ANK4 / N910TUVU1COD6 / N910TUVU1COG2 LOLLIPOP 5.0.1 / KIT-KAT 4.4.4 SM-N910T NOTE 4 < < <

GUIDE CONFIRMED WORKING ON LOLLIPOP N910TUVU1COG2 / N910TUVU1COD6

THIS GUIDE IS FOR N910T USERS -> N910T3 USERS GO HERE

ROM MIRROR: N910TUVU2DOK2_N910TTMB2DOK2_TMB.zip -> LATEST 5.1.1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087007994

Current Kernel -> DOK2_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087008020

ROM MIRROR: N910TUVU1COG2_N910TTMB1COG2_TMB.zip -> PREVIOUS 5.0.1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789159

Previous Kernel -> COG2_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789171

Previous Older Kernel -> COD6_N4_Kernel_TEKHD.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789173

tekhd_fg_xda_sig.png

> New SPRINT LTE Icon! -> post #3!!!
    > AT&T users don't forget to take a look at post #3!!!
    > NEW! International Boot/Shutdown Animations also on post #3!!!
    > Note 4 Service Mode / Secret Codes / Hidden Menu - SIM Unlock Method? I still have an empty thread here! What is going on? Nobody?
    > IS Private Mode NOT Working for you after Rooting? - Try This... - TEST Check Out this! (Testing)
    > Rooted SM-N910T - What works and what doesn't work with rooted N4. Check Out this! USEFUL INFO!
    > I am returning from the T-Mobile Note 3 Section... Note Edge coming soon!... You can also find me @ the Note Edge Forums... I will personally try to port anything there is to port from the Note Edge to the Note 4

> > Thanks to user glberg17 (he sent me the file I needed in order to create the SD Card Fix) we now have the SD Card Fix included in the guide.

>>> GIVE THANKS TO CHAINFIRE EACH TIME YOU SEE A POST FROM HIM & OF COURSE THE TWRP TEAM! (Specially @bigbiff) THIS IS THE SOURCE POST

> > Before you Begin! -> Please note that this will trip your KNOX Counter!!!
    > Please read this useful post for more information about KNOX!

divider-line1.png

˅ ˅ ˅ - - - G U I D E - - - S T A R T S - - - H E R E - - - ˅ ˅ ˅

WHAT YOU WILL NEED > > > Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot & RECOVERY TWRP . Also, just in case, Samsung USB Drivers.

Finally Download LOLLIPOP - Ext SD Card Write Fix
    Finally Download KITKAT - Ext SD Card Write Fix

ROOTING YOUR ORIGINAL STOCK ROM . . . (N910TUVU1ANIH /N910TUVU1ANJ7 / N910TUVU1ANK4 / N910TUVU1COD6 / N910TUVU1COG2)

STEP -1 -> Reactivation lock must be disabled:

img20150702_162939.png

STEP 0 -> Make sure you already have the Samsung USB Drivers installed; if not... Download them from the link above and install them.

STEP 1 -> Unzip the CF-ROOT File (CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.zip)

STEP 2 -> You will now have a program called Odin3 v3.07.exe... Run the program as Administrator (Right click, run as administrator) Once you open Odin3 v3.07.exe you will have a screen with only 1 checkmarks on it:

odin-n4.png

ON THE PHONE -> Then Turn OFF Your Phone and Turn it back ON by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE.

STEP 3 -> Make sure your program looks like the picture above... Now click on PDA and browse for the file CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.tar.md5.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START

-> The program will flash the Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot for a few seconds then the phone will reboot by itself, you will see a RED ANDROID... and the phone will boot into Android again...

-> Android is Rooted,...!*! You now have a Rooted KitKat 4.4.4 / Lollipop 5.0.1 TMO ROM.

CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP RECOVERY)

STEP 4 Now, TURN OFF PHONE AGAIN > > > DOWNLOAD MODE AGAIN (by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE)

odin-n4_r.png

STEP 5 -> Now open ODIN v.3.07, then click on PDA and browse for the file openrecovery-twrp-2.8.1.1-trltetmo.img.tar.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START > > PHONE WILL REBOOT AFTER FLASHING RECOVERY . . .

-> Android is now Rooted with Custom Recovery!

EXTERNAL SD CARD WRITE FIX (This will make the APPS like Root Explorer / Titanium Backup and any other;... able to WRITE to EXTERNAL SD CARD, NOT JUST INTERNAL)

> > > Make sure file tmo_n910t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip or COD6_SD_Write_Fix_Mod_TEKHD.zip is in your Internal SD Card (Phone's Internal Memory < < < DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE, SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR PHONE

STEP 6 -> Now turn OFF Phone Again... This time you are going to the recovery... (Not Download Mode) So basically after the phone is off, you just turn it on by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME button together at the same time.

-> You will see this... SEE PIC BELOW . . .

twrp1.png

STEP 7 -> Now hit INSTALL (upper left) > then browse for the file tmo_n910t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip (KITKAT) or COD6_SD_Write_Fix_Mod_TEKHD.zip (LOLLIPOP).

And Swipe to Install...

twrp2.png

Flashing is complete...

Exit Recovery... Reboot (System Option in TWRP)

STEP 8 -> MORE than 104,000 VIEWS and LESS than 600 THANKS??? CLICK THANKS!!!.

-> DONE!!! Android is now Rooted with Custom Recovery plus External SD Card Write Fix!

Now... you are ready for this:

S6_Weather.png

Go HERE

> > > I just ask for a simple . . .
    thanks.png
    Update Baseband/Modem Only: (LATEST)

Screenshot 2015-11-02 18.10.23.png

N910T

Odin3_v3.10.7_with_N910T_DOK2_Modem_TEKHD.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087008029

______________ S D C A R D ___ F I X______________

SD Card Write Fix (Manual Method)

Just edit etc/permissions/platform.xml (using root explorer) as shown below...and reboot...

add line:
    <group gid="media_rw" />

Now all apps will be able to write to external SD Card...

sdfix.png

>>> This works with both stock roms... Tested already with Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, Opera, Dolphin Browser, Ttorrent... all able to perfectly write directly to external sd card. Everyone who is having issues... check letter by letter the platform.xml modification, remember that you need to reboot the N4 after editing the file.... and... then test again by copying any file to external sd card using Root Explorer.
    THIS POST KITKAT ONLY!!!

AT&T_logo_2005.png

Also... a gift for all AT&T users using the T-Mobile Note 4 on AT&T's network...
    THANKS TO USER @Datblkbro from the AT&T Forum that gave me the files needed!!!

AT&T Note 4 Original Stock Bootanimation -> Turn your T-Mobile Note 4 into AT&T"s Note 4...

Flashable zips...

Download: Stock AT&T Note 4 Bootanimation for T-Mobile Note 4
    Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile Note 4 Bootanimation
    Download: Stock International Note 4 Bootanimation

AT&T:

att.png

internationala2.png

n4_boot_anim.jpg

divider-line1.png

AT&T_logo_2005.png

My Hybrid build.prop for T-Mobile N4 users on AT&T's Network!

From T-Mobile Stock build.prop: (See 4G LTE Icon)

img20141107_132933.png

To AT&T Stock (See 4G LTE Icon & Bootanimation same as AT&T N4 User)

img20141107_131045.png

att.png

AT&T FULL Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Stock AT&T Note 4 4G LTE Icon + Bootanimation for T-Mobile Note 4

Revert to Stock T-Mobile Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile 4G LTE Icon + Bootanimation

divider-line1.png

Sprint-logo.png

My Hybrid build.prop for T-Mobile N4 users that want Sprint's LTE Icon!
    Thanks to @bigmase23 (he sent me the original Sprint build.prop)

sprint_lte.png

img20141108_033307.png

Stock Sprint LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation Flashable zip...

Download: Stock Sprint LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation
    Download: Revert to Stock T-Mobile LTE Icon for T-Mobile N4 Transformation
    I put together a video tutorial! OP feel free to add this to your post!

http://youtu.be/mdkLxNNLGiA
    TEKHD Can you please make a flashable (or Odin)stock kernel (COD6) thanks alot in advance

Can somebody please share the kernel only for the new rom please is a emergency my phone is semi brick thanks in advance!!

LOLLIPOP COD6 (STOCK T-Mobile) STOCK KERNEL -> Flashable ZIP

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952592798