LAG Fix and FROZEN Apps

Search This thread

mgbotoe

What I did to get rid of the random jitters that is sadly on the Note 4. For those of us who hate three second lags :p
Caution: Not responsible for ANYTHING that happens to your phone

Root Requirements:
Tip One: Freeze / completely remove any unwanted bloats you have no use for. I prefer to freeze, never know what the future holds
Tip Two: I disabled both eMMC Entropy contribution as well as SDCard entropy contribution. Using any kernel modifier app (I'm a fauxclock kind of a girl)
Next Two is Thanks to @megalomanic14 Per @eduardmc recommendation​
Tip Three: Uncheck Force Gpu Rendering in developer options
Tip Four: Use Wanam xpose to deactivate Dvsf under Advanced

It did not do any major hit on my battery, Been running average 6 hour battery since receiving my note, and I have done the same screen time Yesterday and by the way things are going today, Will be achieving the same.

Frozen Apps
AllShare FileShare Service
Ant Hal Service
Ant Radio Service
Ant+ Plugin
BlurbCheckout
Briefing
Bubbles
Demo Stub tmous
DirectShareManager
Email 4.4.2
EpsonPrintService
FWUpgrade
Hp Print Service
IMS Settings
IMSLogger +
KLMS Agent
Knox
Knox Notification Manager
Knox SetupWizardClient
Live Weather
Lookout
Mobile Print
MobilePrintSVC-Cups
Nearby devices
Print spooler
Samsung Print
Samsung Push
Screen Mirroring
Smart Remote
Tmobile My account
Tmobile Name ID
Tmobile TV
TalkBack
Visual Voicemail
Changed All Google apps to User apps for greenification

Will Update this as more people provide tips (Assuming they want to)

Try it out and let me know!

Last edited:

bam099

Aug 19, 2004
What I did to get rid of the random jitters that is sadly on the Note 4. For those of us who hate three second lags :p

Root Requirements
Tip One: Freeze / completely remove any unwanted bloats you have no use for. I prefer to freeze, never know what the future holds
Tip Two: I disabled both eMMC Entropy contribution as well as SDCard entropy contribution. Using any kernel modifier app (I'm a fauxclock kind of a girl)

It did not do any major hit on my battery, Been running average 6 hour battery since receiving my note, and I have done the same screen time Yesterday and by the way things are going today, Will be achieving the same.

Thanks for the tips! We should start a thread (or I can hijack this one) where we talk about the stuff that we are able to freeze without any side effects. Would you mind going through some of the stuff you froze?

You callin' me fat?

Lol jk.

Thanks OP :D

Nope, but I am a bit heavy and use the fitness tools and accessories. :) I have an ANT+ compatible heart band and an ANT+ digital scale that lies. I swear it lies!!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

These I froze/removed completely

I have no use for them.

BlurbCheckout
Briefing
Bubbles
Demo Stub tmous
Email 4.4.2
FWUpgrade
KLMS Agent
Knox
Knox SetupWizardClient
Lookout
Tmobile Name ID
Tmobile TV

However some folks may need email and Lookout. I prefer Cerberus over lookout and only use GMAIL on my device.

as far as the google apps and greenify, if you use Xposed and use the Greenify module, no need to change to user.

Also if you use Xposed, and S-Health, make sure you make the changes from the other dozen threads or you'll self induce lots of lag. :)

arrogantS3

Jul 29, 2012
Richmond, VA

Root Requirements:

Frozen Apps
Ant Hal Service
Ant Radio Service
Ant+ Plugin
BlurbCheckout
Briefing
Bubbles
Demo Stub tmous
DirectShareManager
Email 4.4.2
EpsonPrintService
FWUpgrade
Hp Print Service
IMS Settings
IMSLogger +
KLMS Agent
Knox
Knox SetupWizardClient
Live Weather
Lookout
Mobile Print
MobilePrintSVC-Cups
Nearby devices
Print spooler
Samsung Print
Samsung Push
Screen Mirroring
Smart Remote
Tmobile My account
Tmobile Name ID
Tmobile TV
TalkBack
Visual Voicemail

Notice some of your suggestions for freezing will disable kies connection via pc, so if people have that problem they know why. Thanks for the share

cds36

Jun 10, 2010
Spokane Wa
By chance did you see a free up of ram by removing these apps? I'm currently sitting at 2.1 with no apps running on stock non rooted

erkme73

Apr 20, 2008
Guys, I think this may be a big part of what you're describing...

http://gs5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/f...es-when-using-xposed-your-galaxy-s5-0157344/#

I just followed the steps listed there, and all of my apps started responding like new, and the 2-3 second freezing I was experiencing is gone as well.

Turns out it was Xposed Framework, and a build.prop line that needs to be changed from true to false.

Give it a try, and see if that doesn't fix your issues as well. I was just about to wipe and start over, when I thought, "Let me google that..." and found the link above.

mgbotoe

http://gs5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/f...es-when-using-xposed-your-galaxy-s5-0157344/#

I just followed the steps listed there, and all of my apps started responding like new, and the 2-3 second freezing I was experiencing is gone as well.

Turns out it was Xposed Framework, and a build.prop line that needs to be changed from true to false.

Give it a try, and see if that doesn't fix your issues as well. I was just about to wipe and start over, when I thought, "Let me google that..." and found the link above.
Will add the fix up as soon as I can, thanks :p

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
thanx, follow this guide and the phone is really responsive now. Very Smooth (but i think i could be smoother coming from the htc m8). installed xposed and wanam, did not have a problem with Shealth since i previously disabled it. Don't use it - dont need it. Everyone who wants the smoother faster experience right now should follow this guide.

simpletona70

Dec 13, 2013
I removed a bunch of these as described in OP. I've also gona a lot further and removed a lot of other apps and processes. I was able to get every app installed on the phone, down to just one page and freed up 1Gb of data. From a fresh reboot, I'm only using 1.16Gb of RAM. After some useage and being idle, it's about 1.65Gb. Before I was normally sitting around 1.80Gb used and over 2Gb after light useage. So this list definitely helps and I haven't lost any functionality or get any errors.

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
OP Should add this to the list.
it actually increase the performance BY ALOT .

THANX TO
"MEGALOMANIC14" FIREKATN4

"1. Uncheck Force Gpu Rendering in developer options...about phone, click MegaKat V10 (whatever build your on) 10 times to unlock dev options

2. Use Wanam and Xposed to deactivate Dvsf under Advanced in Wanam...dramatic boost in responsiveness, lower running temp, no screen dimming or cpu throttling

3. Change Animation and Transition settings in developer options...set all 3 from 1.0x to 0.5x. ..another huge boost to responsiveness and speed of any launcher

4. Greenify all downloaded user apps...Dont touch system app/don't activate greenify xposed mod

5. Disable the follow apps

Samsung Push Service
Google Chrome
Google Books
Google Magazines
Google Music
Google Hangouts
Google Plus
*obviously unless you use any of the above

6. Install latest Google Play Services apk...def seems to have lower battery drain that previous few apks ...thanks pierriotis for the new apk

https://mega.co.nz/#!6JpBAaYZ!xyyIch...hb-U1960ZaLhaQ

7. Disable google location history and location reporting...doesn't affect maps or g now at all only stops a ton of data mining and wake locks

8. Do not use power saving mode...it defeats the optimizations and tweaks I've done to make the battery life so awesome

Enjoy the new build...latterly for those who want v1 on crack and steroids...use multicore controller or setcpu to max throttle the cpu to 2.7 ghz full time on performance governor lol then you're head will be spinning"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Root Requirements:
    Next Two is Thanks to @megalomanic14 Per @eduardmc recommendation​
    Tip Three: Uncheck Force Gpu Rendering in developer options
    Tip Four: Use Wanam xpose to deactivate Dvsf under Advanced

Frozen Apps
    Ant Hal Service
    Ant Radio Service
    Ant+ Plugin
    BlurbCheckout
    Briefing
    Bubbles
    Demo Stub tmous
    DirectShareManager
    Email 4.4.2
    EpsonPrintService
    FWUpgrade
    Hp Print Service
    IMS Settings
    IMSLogger +
    KLMS Agent
    Knox
    Knox SetupWizardClient
    Live Weather
    Lookout
    Mobile Print
    MobilePrintSVC-Cups
    Nearby devices
    Print spooler
    Samsung Print
    Samsung Push
    Screen Mirroring
    Smart Remote
    Tmobile My account
    Tmobile Name ID
    Tmobile TV
    TalkBack
    Visual Voicemail

Safe to freeze. This is my last so far. I have even more frozen, that I am still treating to see if they can be removed. All in all I think it will be well over 100 apps that can be removed without crashing the phone.

****freezing these apps does remove the functionality these apps provide. If you use anyone of them I would recommend not freezing them.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app
    Alright so I think I figured out how to get rid of the Android system battery usage. With this setup I am consistently getting 20 hours on a charge with 6 hours of SOT. I am running PopRocks with ForeLoco theme. I have 4 Google accounts syncing and have 110 apps downloaded from the play store.

I started with the below linked debloater script. [It is not mine I found it in the PopRocks thread] Linked to the original download} debloater file was removed. Pm me

Below is a list of everything I have removed on top of what the debloater script removes. This will eliminate some functionality from the phone, in most cases if you read what the app is you can tell what feature it provides. If you do not know what the app does, and are worried you are going to lose a feature you need, do not disable the app.

AirWakeUp 1.0
    AllShare FileShare Service 2.1
    BadgeProvider 1.0
    Basic Daydreams
    BeaconManager
    Briefing
    Bubbles
    Calendar 1.0 (I use Google Calendar instead) (x2 there are two of these)
    Car mode 1.10.39
    CarModeRemote
    ChocoEUKor
    com.android.browser.provider 5.0.1 160258
    com.android.provider.partnerbookmarks
    com.sec.app.smartclipservices 1.0
    CoolEUKor 1.0
    direct pen input
    Email 5.0.0.0200
    EmergencyManagerService
    EmergencyProvider
    Exchange service
    Facebook (If you use this app don't complain about your battery or your system usage I can guarantee this app is causing the drain.) THAT GOES FOR ALL FACEBOOK APPS MESSENGER AND PAGE MANAGER INCLUDED)
    Fingerprints
    Flipboard
    Gear VR Service MA455206
    Gear VR SetupWizardStub
    Gear VR Shell
    Health and Safety
    Health Service
    IPsec Service (this is what causes the cell standby wake lock)
    Live weather 1.0
    Messages (I use hangouts)
    My interests 1.0
    My places 1.0
    Passpoint settings v1_0
    Phase Beam
    Post_T_promo
    Print Spooler
    Quick Connect
    RoseEUKor
    S Beam
    S Finder
    S Health
    S Note
    S Voice
    Samsung Account
    Scrapbook
    Screen Mirroring (I use Chrome cast)
    SmartcardManager
    SmartcardService
    Sound detector
    SpenKeeper
    Tmobile My Account (I am on AT&T not sure if Tmobile users will need this)
    Tmobile Name ID (Again I'm on AT&T)
    Unified Daemon
    Virtual Tour
    Visual Voicemail (I use Google voice for my voicemail so they show up in my hangouts app along with my texts)
    VPN Client (You may need this is you are masking your wifi hotspot usage form Tmobile, again I'm on AT&T so I don't need this)
    Weather 150319.01
    Wifi direct 2.1 (You can use ES file manager to transfer files over Wifi as a replacement)
    Wifi direct share 2.1
    wifi calling settings (On AT&T so this feature does not work for me)

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app
    Alright I finally had the time to fully debloat this device. I haven't put it all in a spreadsheet yet, but I'll post the list from titanium backup in screen shots below.

Obviously this will eliminate a few functions, but only feature clearly listed by the apps, all normal phone functions and spend features should work fine.

Phone idles at about 1.2 GB of RAM in use. No crashes.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app