FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Off-Topic Lounge dedicated to [Flashvetrin] Rip...

8,901 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,898

Post Reply Email Thread

Flashvetrin R.I.P (06/05/64--09/10/15)
Flashvetrin Album here> Some pics of Marcus and family We're always thinking of you my friend.
You will be greatly missed my friend...

I'm making this thread for anyone who Flashvetrin (Marcus) has helped, spoke to, made you smile, etc here in the T mobile section.

Feel free to post whatever you would like to say here. Or just want to talk about it.

A message from his wife, for those wondering what happened to our friend.
Quote:

On Thursday September 10th 2015 My husband unexpectedly passed away. While at work Wednesday afternoon He was having chest pain and was rushed to the hospital, after being seen by the doctor they found he had a torn carotid artery, He went in for surgery to stitch it up but they would not hold, his surgeon worked on him for hours and was unable to save him. MARCUS was a caring, loving husband, an incredible papa to Trinity, a father, son, friend and meant so much to so many and will be missed by all of us.

Thank you
Bajanman...
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bajanman Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 03:56 AM |#2  
Flag ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks Meter: 1,531

More
I had to write the OP and check to make sure I understood this correctly, but it seems Flashvetrin passed away. Lots of people in the community knew him because he was very active in the forums always testing ROM development and helping members. Since this thread is intended to be in his memory I wanted to share two of my interactions with him that stood out in my mind.

There was some bad advice being kicked around the Dynamic Kat forums where Flashvetrin was very active in posting. Some people were offering advice about how to fix an issue and I immediately took to shooting that advice down in the most blunt way possible. I should have come up with an alternative solution, but luckily where I lack tact, Flashvetrin came in being helpful and offered a solution that helped everybody.
This was his response which was perfect and settled everything. He even stood up for me later in the thread when I realized that I had taken my criticism too far. I couldn't bring myself to post after that and Flashvetrin never held my statements against me. Just recently he helped me in the Darthstalker forums (this post), responding to me almost immediately when I'm quite sure he could have had other things going on. When I think of the Note 4 forums there are just a few members that stand out in my mind and Flashvetrin was always one of them. He was an incredible member of these forums and I am going to miss his presence here.

I didn't know Marcus personally, I kind of wish I had. But I did get to see his personality and penchant for helping others through these forums. There are few members that had his level of commitment to this community and I am grateful that I had a chance to interact with him. I have the utmost respect for him and I hope that his family and friends know that he was incredibly important to this little corner of the Internet. Thank you for everything, Marcus.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AlkaliV2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlkaliV2 Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 05:35 AM |#3  
Flag Macon, GA
Thanks Meter: 794

Donate to Me
More
Man, he was posting and helping myself and others on the 9th!!! Its sad to say the least. Can someone explain what happened?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to denson9874 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift denson9874 Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 05:36 AM |#4  
Flag Gardner, KS
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Rest in peace brother. I didn't know you personally but I've read many of your posts. You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman

Flashvetrin R.I.P (09/09/15)

You will be greatly missed my friend...

I'm making this thread for anyone who Flashvetrin (Marcus) has helped, spoke to, made you smile, etc here in the T mobile section.

Feel free to post whatever you would like to say here. Or just want to talk about it.

Thank you
Bajanman...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lordjish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lordjish Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 06:16 AM |#5  
Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Area 51 █
Thanks Meter: 22,198

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
no words... really really sad news...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TEKHD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2015, 07:21 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,604

More
Marcus this is from your Echoe brothers,

Marcus was one of those amazing people who make you wanna become a better person yourself.. Not because he tells you so.. no... I dont ever remember him telling anyone what to do or how to act! No, he inspired you, me, us, just because of who he was, of how he is, of how patient, understanding and wise he was!! I, we, were lucky that we had the honor to be teammates and friends. I was lucky that I had this man listen to me, and talk to me about so many things besides android.. Yeah Marcus was a seasoned android veteran but that wasnt his main strength.. His strength was his entire existence, his personality, his energy, his kindness, his whole being...

We will truly miss you Marcus @Flashvetrin

May we all aspire to become more like you...

May you rest in peace my friend..

Flashing Dutchman
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to roy72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roy72 Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 07:23 AM |#7  
Flag Norman
Thanks Meter: 485

More
What?!?! Omg.... He was just PMing me the other day, helping me with kernels. This is horrible :'(
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kabuk1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kabuk1 Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 08:23 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 523

More
Rip
Respect
12th September 2015, 09:19 AM |#10  
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denson9874

Man, he was posting and helping myself and others on the 9th!!! Its sad to say the least. Can someone explain what happened?

Am shocked myself. This just comes to show how committed he was to these gadgets we love and for which are a part of our lives, work, everything. Rip bro.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marvi0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marvi0 Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 11:58 AM |#11  
Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 53,384

Donate to Me
More
Flashvetrin (Marcus) was a very active contributor. He loved to help people on XDA. He was on his way to becoming an RC of that there is no doubt. I have been a part of XDA since 2010 and I am happy to be a part of this community and with that comes the down side of seeing people you know pass on too soon. Marcus will be the third that I had a lot of contact with in this community. He will be missed!

R.I.P. Flashvetrin!

When we have all paid our respects, this thread will be the OT Lounge for this device to speak of things not necessarily phone related but can be...and please keep within the rules.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KennyG123 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashvetrin

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)