EmotionOS aims to provide stability, performance optimizations, ultimate customizations, theme support, security patches, and the most recent updates. If you are looking for a stable ROM that is featureful and fully customizable, you are in the right place.
Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. A LOT.
The builds will have three tags:
- STABLE: include tested changes and confirmed bug fixes;
are suitable for daily use.
- TESTING: include experimental changes to be evaluated and to possibly fix some issues;
may be used as daily driver only if they don't break functionality or introduce new issues.
- VZW-ONLY: same as TESTING builds, but support Verizon variant (VZW SM-N910V) only.
This ROM supports all Snapdragon variants, especially US variants (Verizon / VZW SM-N910V, T-Mobile/TMO SM-N910T, Sprint / SPR SM-N910P, and US Cellular / USC SM-N910R4) and Canadian variant (SM-N910W8).
Check the ROM status in the 3rd post!
- Use this custom TWRP recovery
- Make full backup
- Do a full factory reset
You should wipe the system partition!
- Flash the ROM ZIP + Gapps ARM 7.1
Gapps nano package is recommended!
- Read the announcement post before flashing any OTA update.
- Clean flash (wipe system/data/cache/dalvik) is recommended.
- You need to install Gapps for ARM SDK 25 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat) .
- You may also need to set default Apps and grant special access/permissions.
In Settings / Apps:
- Click the Settings icon and select "Show system" from the 3-dot menu...
- Make sure that your preferred APNs are selected in Settings/Cellular networks.
- If you run into DRM/Netflix issues, flash WidevineDRM_N910VVRU2CPL1.zip!
- If you want to restore stock display colors/options, turn off LiveDisplay (set Display Mode to Off), Adaptive Display, and Ambient Display. Otherwise, enjoy tweaking your display options and calibrate the colors for your liking.
- For fingerprint enrollment, you may need to swipe quilckly one more time at the end so that you get two "Done" messages. Fingerprint won't work until you successfully register at least one finger.
- To enable backlight for hardware keys, go to Settings >> Emotion Control >> Buttons, disable and re-enable hardware keys switch, and set backlight brightness and illumination timeout.
EmotionOS, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Source Code: https://github.com/EmotionOS
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: N910VVRS2CQE1
Based On: LineageOS
Current Stable Version: 7.1.2-20170623
Stable Release Date: 2017-06-23
Last Updated 2017-06-27