FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Would you prefer to add support for other variants/carriers?

Yes, please add multi-variant support.

236 Vote(s)
71.52%
No, please only support Verizon variant.

94 Vote(s)
28.48%

[ROM] [7.1.2] [Snapdragon] [MultiVariant] EmotionOS [06/23/2017]

3,930 posts
Thanks Meter: 22,611

By hsbadr, Inactive Recognized Developer on 30th December 2016, 05:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from hsbadr: [ROM] [7.1.2] [Snapdragon] [MultiVariant] EmotionOS [06/23/2017]
20th February 2017, 10:32 PM |#101  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 [ROM] [7.1.1] EmotionOS [Feb 20, 2017]
I've uploaded a new build to EmotionOS Downloads.

The ratio of THANKS to DOWNLOADs votes for development.

Read OP for general information and installation instructions/notes! Changelog is in the 2nd post and ROM status including the required firmware is in the 3rd post.
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
22nd February 2017, 10:11 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsbadr

For fingerprint enrollment, you may need to swipe quilckly one more time at the end so that you get two "Done" messages. Fingerprint won't work until you successfully register at least one finger.

That's ok. N910VVRU2CPD1 is Marshmallow and the partial firmware doesn't update/lock the bootloader.

quoting you from the q&a post!

I have the same exact issue as fz798. my bootloader info is also the same as his(MM), i've recently flashed the CQA1. I can't even swipe once, i simply get a dialogue error saying enrollment error. see attached picture.
I attached a log as well, this line may be of help perhaps?
02-22 00:59:34.673 W/FingerprintService(1246): startEnroll failed, result=40
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170222-005631.png
Views:	2452
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	4050396  
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat_and_device_info.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.8 KB, 10 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shishand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shishand Ad-Free
23rd February 2017, 05:39 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Anyone else having an issue where the microphone suddenly stops working? There are two parts to this issue, possibly related. Firstly, when plugging in my headphones (no headset mic) no one can hear me in calls (this always happens). Here is an example of the second issue: I was using maps, playing a podcast, and then received a phone call while my headphones were plugged in, then my mic quit working. No combination of plugging in an removing plugs fixes the issue.

Restart fixes the issue until it randomly happens again, usually within 2-3 days. I can't find the trigger still, though it seems to happen near phone calls when multiple programs are accessing the audio device..

I could try an audio device reset if anyone knows the command. I also have full arch Linux installed if there is a linux troubleshooting method anyone can think of.

Log attached - the issue occurred during a phone call just after 17:35, though it started occurring before that. I won't be near a computer to properly trim the log for a while - sorry for the length.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z giant audio log.txt.7z - [Click for QR Code] (94.8 KB, 6 views)
23rd February 2017, 01:46 PM |#104  

Donate to Me
More
Service Built-in SuperSU Support
I've added support for SuperSU systemless root that doesn't need any kernel/ramdisk patching. The required SELinux rules are integrated into the ROM SEPolicy built with the ROM. It'll be included in the coming build.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
23rd February 2017, 06:35 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You misspelled available in emotion control/>status bar/>show Bluetooth battery status--description

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

And my back key light doesn't work I've tried flashing the ROM twice and other kernels the only time it works is when I go to backlight settings
The Following User Says Thank You to custom_roms_epeptic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift custom_roms_epeptic Ad-Free
23rd February 2017, 11:10 PM |#106  
Flag Alberta
Thanks Meter: 230

More
@hsbadr

When using any Camera app, even those included with EmotionOS, with the flash ON, it will freeze and the flash will not turn off. Eventually the Camera app with force close, and the flash will still be stuck on until you reboot the device.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat_and_device_info.zip - [Click for QR Code] (191.8 KB, 8 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seriosbrad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seriosbrad Ad-Free
26th February 2017, 05:59 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winlinand

I know this isn't Q&A but I can't get an answer on pulling specific logs.

Will you tell me how to pull camera logs, please?

If it's a QA question, you might consider posting in QA where QA questions are Q & A'd. That said, I have made that mistake in the past =). I use the "catlog" app (free from play store) and subset using the search bar. You can save the output by pressing your device's menu button (assign one in emotion control if you don't have one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriosbrad

@hsbadr

When using any Camera app, even those included with EmotionOS, with the flash ON, it will freeze and the flash will not turn off. Eventually the Camera app with force close, and the flash will still be stuck on until you reboot the device.

@seriosbrad
EDIT
This is fixed in the 2/28 build
END EDIT

Me too on this one, and it happens every time I attempt to take a picture with the flash turned to on. Even hardware assigned flashlight buttons don't turn the light off.

Logs attached, subset by camera, light, and full log. The issue occurred within 2 minutes of the end of the log. If you happen to see resets, they occurred because of an old battery (probably not related). Zipped because XDA labs doesn't like the txt files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip camera-light-all logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (92.6 KB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to zediiiii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zediiiii Ad-Free
26th February 2017, 09:41 PM |#108  

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 [ROM] [7.1.1] EmotionOS [Feb 26, 2017]

CLEAN FLASH IS REQUIRED.

Read OP for general information and installation instructions/notes! Changelog is in the 2nd post and ROM status including the required firmware is in the 3rd post.
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
26th February 2017, 11:45 PM |#109  
Flag Alberta
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Clean flashed 2.26 build. Camera functionality still very hit and miss. Footej Camera and Camera ZOOM FX appear to work best.

Snap Cam (included with ROM) froze with previously said symptoms on literally the first picture I tried to take. Freezes on every attempt afterwards.
Google Camera from the latest Gapps takes photos with flash, but attempting to take video instantly says "cannot connect to camera".
Google Allo photos work, I don't see a flash setting though. Video is scrambled in the preview window, but records properly.
Google PhotoScan doesn't get past the first step, freezes when told to move to the first dot. App crashes, Flash sticks on.
Attached Files
File Type: zip snap_cam.zip - [Click for QR Code] (68.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: zip google_camera.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: zip google_allo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (85.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: zip google_photoscan.zip - [Click for QR Code] (89.4 KB, 2 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to seriosbrad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seriosbrad Ad-Free
27th February 2017, 01:47 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
NFC problems with Libre Freestyle
Hi,

I use an NFC based diabetes glucose monitoring system called Libre Freestyle. They have an app (LibreLink) that allows me to read my glucose levels into my phone. Neither the official app or unofficial apps
can detect the sensor. My phone can read any other NFC tags perfectly fine, the problem is not with the sensor as I've tried a couple. Also after touching the phone to my sensor NFC seems to lock up and cannot read any other tags until I switch NFC Off/On.

I do see some NFC activity in logcat, which I've attached here.

Device info:
Build: 20170129-OFFICIAL
Baseband: N910VVRS2CPL1
Model: SM-N910V
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (7.5 KB, 8 views)
1st March 2017, 12:21 AM |#111  

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 [ROM] [7.1.1] EmotionOS [Feb 28, 2017]

CLEAN FLASH IS REQUIRED.

The Following 71 Users Say Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)