[Firmware] [LP] [5.0.1] [RetEd/DevEd] Safe Upgrade to Lollipop [N910VVRU2BOG5]

Search This thread

hsbadr

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 18, 2014
This is a Safe Upgrade to the latest Lollipop firmware (N910VVRU2BOG5) for VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910V), both Retail & Developer Editions.
HVWdQxcl.jpg
Source: http://goo.gl/PNuDr3
What do you mean by "Safe Upgrade"?
The latest N910VVRU2BOG5 bootloader is incremented; i.e., if you take the OTA or flash the official firmware via Odin, you won't be able to downgrade.
For Retail Edition: This is very important if you want to gain ROOT access when available & keep it over OTAs then.

For Developer Edition: If the bootloader is incremented with any coming OTA, it'll block your unlocked bootloader for good & you'll end up with a Retail Edition.

Check this thread for more details!

Safe upgrade allows you to downgrade to any previous firmware (KK or LP)...

★ Disclaimer:
THIS SERVICE IS FREE OF CHARGE, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT !

Instructions:
  • Extract the N910VVRU2BOG5_StockRestore.tar.md5 file using 7-Zip
  • Extract Odin v3.10.7 & open it
  • Reboot to Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down)
  • Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
  • Add the N910VVRU2BOG5_StockRestore.tar.md5 file to AP / PDA
  • Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
  • Click the start button, sit back & wait a few minutes
  • Reboot into recovery (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up)
  • Wipe data (Factory Reset)
  • Reboot to system
Special Instructions:

Downloads:
N910VVZW2BOG5 Stock Restore: N910VVRU2BOG5_StockRestore.tar.md5.7z
md5: 779b5801b9a7dccd51c0b7782d37fc21

N910VVRU1BOAF Bootloaders (RetEd ONLY): N910VVRU1BOAF_Bootloaders.tar.md5.7z
md5: deeef3cde3941572b036c0f6ea6e92b3

Attachments

• N910VVRU2BOG5.png
    N910VVRU2BOG5.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 3,138
Last edited:

jr_718

Jul 10, 2011
Thanks..hsbadr BTW do you have the developer edition of the note 4?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

chevycam94

May 2, 2010
West Mifflin, PA
www.youtube.com
Wow, you really turn this stuff over quick! I looked at your post while clocking out from work at 4:30, you said you were still downloading it. I just got home at 5:30, and you have a new thread, and links/upload already finished! WOW!

EDIT: Seems you have yet to finish uploading the BOG5 tar. Patiently (kind of) waiting at my computer. lol Im going to need a new F5 button before long!

Last edited:

hsbadr

May 18, 2014

Yup. It's the best device available considering Note 5 as a downgrade except for the design that most users cover with a case anyway!

Wow, you really turn this stuff over quick! I looked at your post while clocking out from work at 4:30, you said you were still downloading it. I just got home at 5:30, and you have a new thread, and links/upload already finished! WOW!

Available for download...

vdub2pt0

Mar 15, 2011
Under special instructions, it says to flash the OAF bootloader if coming from Kit Kat (I'm on NJ5). When are we supposed to do this? After we flash the OG5 stockrestore and reboot?

hsbadr

May 18, 2014
Under special instructions, it says to flash the OAF bootloader if coming from Kit Kat (I'm on NJ5). When are we supposed to do this? After we flash the OG5 stockrestore and reboot?

1st, that'sonly for the retail edition. Then, you can do it anytime to fix the auto-brightness issues with KK bootloader. That being said, it's recommended to flash OG5 stock restore & reboot again to download mode to flash OAF bootloader, before the 1st boot.

Reactions: Rom-Addict

vdub2pt0

Mar 15, 2011
Okay that's what I was going to do. So I'd be fine to stay on my current bootloader if I don't care about the auto brightness?

vdub2pt0

Mar 15, 2011
I guess as long as it is still able to be downgraded, it doesn't matter. It's not like the new one would help me in any way though.

chevycam94

May 2, 2010
West Mifflin, PA
www.youtube.com
For some reason I thought that flashing the BOG5 upgrade would wipe the whole phone and reset me to a literal "factory fresh" state. But apparently, it left EVERYTHING in tact, but DID still do the upgrade. I wanted to start fresh so I could go back to a clean system and start over. So I had to do a factory reset. No biggie. Just wanted a clean slate. Looks like Im back up and running smooth. I was on BOAF bootloader already, so I didnt flash the bootloader again this time. I should still be good, right? Havent checked the bootloader post-flash yet.

Also @hsbadr, do you mind if I mirror your Safe Upgrade files on my website/server? Always ask before I do anything. Links to my site in my signature. Also, I can include any direct links back here, or two another location of your choosing. All proper credits given.

Last edited:

hsbadr

May 18, 2014
For some reason I thought that flashing the BOG5 upgrade would wipe the whole phone and reset me to a literal "factory fresh" state. But apparently, it left EVERYTHING in tact, but DID still do the upgrade. I wanted to start fresh so I could go back to a clean system and start over. So I had to do a factory reset. No biggie. Just wanted a clean slate. Looks like Im back up and running smooth. I was on BOAF bootloader already, so I didnt flash the bootloader again this time. I should still be good, right? Havent checked the bootloader post-flash yet.

Also @hsbadr, do you mind if I mirror your Safe Upgrade files on my website/server? Always ask before I do anything. Links to my site in my signature. Also, I can include any direct links back here, or two another location of your choosing. All proper credits given.

NP! If you followed OP instructions, you'll wipe data (factory reset) in recovery, before 1st boot.

hsbadr

May 18, 2014

chevycam94

May 2, 2010
West Mifflin, PA
www.youtube.com
OK, so I've started to upload all 5 stock firmwares (ANI1 through BOG5), as well as both Safe Upgrades by @hsbadr (BOF1 and BOG5). At the speed of my home cable, it will take at least a day, maybe more. Still working on the site layout, instructions, and links. When its finished, I will post a link to the site as well as directly to the Note 4 section.

Reactions: gcounts

balla48801

Jul 29, 2008
OK, so I've started to upload all 5 stock firmwares (ANI1 through BOG5), as well as both Safe Upgrades by @hsbadr (BOF1 and BOG5). At the speed of my home cable, it will take at least a day, maybe more. Still working on the site layout, instructions, and links. When its finished, I will post a link to the site as well as directly to the Note 4 section.

Is there not already a thread with all that info?

chevycam94

May 2, 2010
West Mifflin, PA
www.youtube.com
Is there not already a thread with all that info?

Yes, but all the info that I'm adding to my site, is scattered throughout various threads and other webpages. I'm making a centralized location for everything. No more mass bookmarks, remembering threads, and since my site is highly optimized, it should save a LOT of data for those that browse on their phone. I also re-compressed all the huge files, shrinking them by about 300MB each to save some bandwidth.

Last edited:

SvB4EvA

Feb 28, 2009
PA
Just picked up a note4 yesterday, it has N910VVRU2BOF1 on it and there is an OTA I'm not taking. I'm guessing the OTA is 2BOG5?

Anyway, will this work for me coming from a stock/retail N910VVRU2BOF1 phone?

Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Safe Upgrade to the latest Lollipop firmware (N910VVRU2BOG5) for VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910V), both Retail & Developer Editions.
    What do you mean by "Safe Upgrade"?
    The latest N910VVRU2BOG5 bootloader is incremented; i.e., if you take the OTA or flash the official firmware via Odin, you won't be able to downgrade.
    For Retail Edition: This is very important if you want to gain ROOT access when available & keep it over OTAs then.

For Developer Edition: If the bootloader is incremented with any coming OTA, it'll block your unlocked bootloader for good & you'll end up with a Retail Edition.

Check this thread for more details!

Safe upgrade allows you to downgrade to any previous firmware (KK or LP)...

★ Disclaimer:
    THIS SERVICE IS FREE OF CHARGE, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT !

Instructions:
    • Extract the N910VVRU2BOG5_StockRestore.tar.md5 file using 7-Zip
    • Extract Odin v3.10.7 & open it
    • Reboot to Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down)
    • Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    • Add the N910VVRU2BOG5_StockRestore.tar.md5 file to AP / PDA
    • Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    • Click the start button, sit back & wait a few minutes
    • Reboot into recovery (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up)
    • Wipe data (Factory Reset)
    • Reboot to system
    Special Instructions:

Downloads:
    N910VVZW2BOG5 Stock Restore: N910VVRU2BOG5_StockRestore.tar.md5.7z
    md5: 779b5801b9a7dccd51c0b7782d37fc21

N910VVRU1BOAF Bootloaders (RetEd ONLY): N910VVRU1BOAF_Bootloaders.tar.md5.7z
    md5: deeef3cde3941572b036c0f6ea6e92b3

Yup. It's the best device available considering Note 5 as a downgrade except for the design that most users cover with a case anyway!

Available for download...

NP! If you followed OP instructions, you'll wipe data (factory reset) in recovery, before 1st boot.
    Thank you, these are greatly appreciated.

You're welcome.
    I actually did a factory reset AFTER first boot. Any real difference in effectiveness? Seems to be good.

Im taking it thats a YES on mirroring your files? Just making sure. lol

No diff. & yes, you may mirror the files...

Thank you hsbadr... you're just awesome! Donated!

You're welcome. Thanks for the support! Greatly appreciated.