The latest N910VVRU2BPA1 bootloader is incremented; i.e., if you take the OTA or flash the official firmware via Odin, you won't be able to downgrade to rootable KitKat 4.4.4.
For Retail Edition: This is very important if you want to gain ROOT access when available & keep it over OTAs then.
For Developer Edition: If the bootloader is incremented with any coming OTA, it'll block your unlocked bootloader for good & you'll end up with a Retail Edition.
Safe upgrade allows you to downgrade to any previous firmware (KK or LP)...
- Extract the N910VVRU2BPA1_StockRestore.tar.md5 file using 7-Zip
- Extract Odin v3.10.7 & open it
- Reboot to Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the N910VVRU2BPA1_StockRestore.tar.md5 file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click the start button, sit back & wait a few minutes
- Reboot into recovery (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up)
- Wipe data (Factory Reset)
- Reboot to system
- For Retail Edition coming from KK, flash N910VVRU1BOAF_Bootloaders.tar.md5 via Odin
- For Developer Edition with incremented bootloader, use the StockRestore Odin tar for Incremented Bootloader: N910VVRU2BPA1_StockRestore_Incremented.tar.md5.7z
If you want to root and use a custom kernel (e.g., MultiSystem kernel) with this 100% Stock ODEXED ROM, you may have to remove all KNOX apps and /system/container (check this list). You may also need to edit /system/build.prop and change the following property:
ro.securestorage.support=falseDO NOT FLASH RETAIL BOORLOADER, IT WILL LOCK YOUR DEVICE !
UNCHECK "REACTIVATION LOCK" IN SETTINGS/SECURITY !
N910VVZW2BPA1 Stock Restore: N910VVRU2BPA1_StockRestore.tar.md5.7z
N910VVRU1BOAF Bootloaders (RetEd ONLY): N910VVRU1BOAF_Bootloaders.tar.md5.7z
N910VVZW2BPA1 Stock Restore (Incremented): N910VVRU2BPA1_StockRestore_Incremented.tar.md5.7z
MultiSystem Kernel (LP 5.1.1): MultiSystem-Kernel_LP-5.1.1.zip