FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How To] Roll back to KK 4.4.4 from 5.0.1 N910VVRU1BOAF Verizon Retail Note 4

677 posts
Thanks Meter: 485

By stillthisguy, Senior Member on 30th April 2015, 07:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
As with anything you will find on XDA, I am not responsible for anything that occurs to your phone or computer by using these instructions. Download what is needed first, then read through the entire instructions before starting. (Read the instructions a couple times)

For the Verizon Retail Note 4 on N910VVRU1BOAF firmware only!

***This will wipe all data from your phone***

What is needed:

Odin 3.09 - Thanks hsbadr
4.4.4 N910VVRU1ANJ5 Firmware - Thanks hsbadr
7-Zip - Thanks 7-Zip
Verizon Note 4 Drivers

Instructions:

Quote:

1. Extract the *.tar.md5 file using 7-Zip
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Extract Odin v3.09 & open it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Reboot to Download Mode (press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power )
4. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
5. Add the *.tar.md5 file to AP / PDA
6. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
7. Click the start button, sit back & wait a few minutes
8. Your phone will reboot, you can now disconnect it from your computer
9. Your phone will get to the Verizon boot screen and then boot-loop(this is normal)
10. Remove the battery and then put it back in. Boot to Recovery (press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power)
11. In Recovery, select "wipe data/factory reset" then select "Yes -- delete all user data"
12. Then select "reboot system now"
13. Profit!

Thank hsbadr for all the needed files and the flashing instructions!
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to stillthisguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stillthisguy Ad-Free

7th May 2015, 02:42 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Anyone have any feedback on this?
GuestK00143
8th May 2015, 02:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedragon551

Anyone have any feedback on this?

I've done it many times and it works fine. No, it doesn't trip Knox.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
8th May 2015, 06:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Maybe I'll just have to see on YouTube if there is a link for me to see how it is done, the good ole roll back. I wish I was a bit more bold with all this. I'm afwaaid
The Following User Says Thank You to note3palermo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift note3palermo Ad-Free
8th May 2015, 08:33 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 679

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by note3palermo

Maybe I'll just have to see on YouTube if there is a link for me to see how it is done, the good ole roll back. I wish I was a bit more bold with all this. I'm afwaaid

Tried to reply to your PM but is say that you have it PMs blocked.

This seems to be the only Note 4 video on youtube. Its for the a different Note 4 but as long as you use the AT&T Note 4 Firmware, you should be good to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ5KxyXskPs
The Following User Says Thank You to mademan420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mademan420 Ad-Free
9th May 2015, 02:39 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Just did it, thank you very much! Bought me a N4 off of Swappa with Lollipop already installed and after a few days deciding to revert to see if the battery life is better and how the experience differs.
9th May 2015, 07:24 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
It seems after rolling back that my battery life got better. Anyone else?
9th May 2015, 07:34 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 485

Donate to Me
More
I have always gotten better battery life from KK than L.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stillthisguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stillthisguy Ad-Free
12th May 2015, 02:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Thumbs up i PREFER KK 4.4.4 on the Note 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillthisguy

I have always gotten better battery life from KK than L.

finally downgraded after contemplating doing this for a week or 2 now b/c of a few bugs and sluggishness i noticed with lollipop, not to mention battery life and even handoffs between 4g and 3g. just my personal experience but thought i'd chime in.

thanks for the super easy directions to follow. mine didn't happen to bootloop at all but everything else is back the way i like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dmxoneIuv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmxoneIuv Ad-Free
12th May 2015, 01:42 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 449

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva1985

What?! Lollipop is the greatest thing evah! Battery life is 50% better and ditto for performance!!!!!!!!!

Well, that is how both Android team and the lemmings in the media call it at least. The media STILL has the nerve of exclamation points when announcing Lollipop status on devices.

All Android is doing is trying to get as close to being Apple as they can without saying it. Now the device makers are following suit. It does not help that the most creepy Apple fetish company
called Samsung also eagerly follows suit. Note 4 is a probably the last true great non Apple-like device by Samsung, but still tainted by Lollipop's pure suckiness.
The Following User Says Thank You to rushless For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rushless Ad-Free
16th May 2015, 03:33 AM |#11  
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 404

More
After downloading this file, and using 7zip to extract I get a broken file error... Then if you try to run it in odin any way you get a bad binary warning..

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Re downloaded the file, and it worked fine..
The Following User Says Thank You to doubledragon5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doubledragon5 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)