FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Hangouts lag??

202 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By crazed_z06, Senior Member on 24th October 2014, 05:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone getting alot of lag when sending hangouts messages?

24th October 2014, 06:06 PM |#2  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 8

More
On both the LG G3 and this phone.
24th October 2014, 06:34 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
I have not received any lag at all with hangouts or the default messaging app on the note 4. I am however having issues adding widgets on the homescreens and keeping apps in my folders in the app drawer after reboots. beautiful widgets and hd widgets and widgetsoid widgets all act as if they were added to the homescreen but then when you get to the homescreen, they aren't there. I know the apps coming out of the folders in the app drawer were a problems on most other samsung phones after the first boot, but mine is happening after every single boot.

As for sending messages, i havent had any lag at all. If anything, my signal has greatly improved
24th October 2014, 06:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsfann20

On both the LG G3 and this phone.

weird.. wonder if it's something with the resolution.. It's not some kind of intensive activity though. It's just really janky when hitting send.. hmmm
24th October 2014, 06:49 PM |#5  

More
If that was the case, then why wouldn't i have the lag issues then? Is there any other apps that are consuming your ram while on your phone? At least enough to bog it down while sending messages?
24th October 2014, 06:52 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I also encountered this issue. If you downgrade to stock hangouts, there is no lag. The lag is pretty harsh ONLY when you are SENDING the message.
24th October 2014, 06:54 PM |#7  
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 3,133

More
yup! just put my 1 star review on Google Play. hangouts is the worst. it's terrible on all samsung devices. it's practically unusable. it lags down swiftkey like crazy. the only devices hangouts works well with are nexus devices and aosp roms. it's terrible on LG, samsung and htc ui. ugh so annoying.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
24th October 2014, 07:05 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs

yup! just put my 1 star review on Google Play. hangouts is the worst. it's terrible on all samsung devices. it's practically unusable. it lags down swiftkey like crazy. the only devices hangouts works well with are nexus devices and aosp roms. it's terrible on LG, samsung and htc ui. ugh so annoying.

I completely disagree. No offense. I have used hangouts on my old htc, and all my samsung devices and have never had a problem at all. Ive used it on the s3, the rezound, s4, note 3 note 2 and now my note 4 with no issues.

Ill keep trying on my note 4 to see if i can duplicate the issues but so far it has been flawless
24th October 2014, 07:17 PM |#9  

More
Do you have animations on?
24th October 2014, 09:04 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs

Yea.. same exact experience Im having.

I even deleted my whole text database and hangouts message history to make sure that wasnt causing a problem. Tried clearing cache, data, re-installing, etc.
have sort of the same issue on my Galaxy Note 8 and my gfs Galaxy S4.. so many it doesnt like Samung for some reason. Dont have the problem on my old DROID RAZR M.

Oh well.. maybe it's something they will look into if enough people have the problem.
24th October 2014, 09:46 PM |#11  

More
I get a small amount of lag right after I hit send, the paper airplane gets stuck half way thru it's animation then after a second or so it finishes it's animation and the message sends. Had this problem since the last update. Also affected my LG G3.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)