FORUMS

[ROOT] [ROM] [LP] [5.0.1] ROOTED Lollipop [Alternative for DevEd] [WIP for RetEd]

3,930 posts
Thanks Meter: 22,616

By hsbadr, Inactive Recognized Developer on 9th May 2015, 05:34 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread

MultiSystem is a powerful tool for locked- and unlocked-bootloader Android devices. it's used here to hijack the boot process & boot from a virtual ROOTED LP IMG in a 2nd EXT4 partition on the microSD card, that's independent on the physical system partition.

IMPROTANT INFORMATION: THE METHOD USED IN THIS THREAD IS SUCCESSFUL ON UNROOTED DEVELOPER EDITION WITHOUT USING A RECOVERY OR AUTO-ROOT - AND DOES NOT TRIP KNOX FLAG. FOR RETAIL EDITION, THE LOCKED BOOTLOADER SENDS A FLAG TO THE KERNEL TO WRITE PROTECT PARTITIONS INCLUDING SYSTEM.

POTENTIAL SOLUTION: BUILDING A KERNEL MODULE TO DISABLE WRITE PROTECTION AFTER PATCHING MEMORY TO BYPASS KERNEL MODULE VERIFICATION AND LOAD OUR UNSIGNED KERNEL MODULE – UTILIZING THE TEMPORARY ROOT ACCESS. WE ARE INVESTIGATING THIS SOLUTION. HOWEVER, IT MAY TAKE A LONG TIME AND IS NOT 100% GUARANTEED !

★ Disclaimer:
Quote:

Quote:

This service is FREE of charge, use it at your own risk, take it or leave it !

Quote:

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Quote:

MultiSystem is a powerful tool and can perform potentially dangerous and/or destructive operations on your device and data that may affect your life. While it is unlikely to do irreversable damage to your device, it is not impossible, and you should proceed with caution. Loss of data and/or the need to re-flash a full stock (manufacturer-supplied) firmware IMGs (usually requiring a computer) is always a possibility, and is increasingly likely if you do not know what you are doing. It is possible to lose root access when using MultiSystem on locked-bootloader devices running unexpoitable (bu rooted) Android firmware, without careful reading of documentation or following the instructions. Please consult with expert users before performing actions you do not comprehend.

★ Notes:
Quote:

Quote:

To devs: Please do not use/port MultiSystem to any other device. If you'd like to add support for your device, please contact me!

Quote:

To users: This thread is only for DEVELOPMENT. If you need a place for general discussions, go to the Q&A thread.

★ Instructions:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks To: @Tomsgt , aka RootJunky

Don't forget to subscribe & like the video to show appreciation of his great effort & time spent in making the video

Quote:

FOR DEVELOPER EDITION:

DO NOT FLASH RETAIL FIRMWARE, IT WILL LOCK YOUR DEVICE !

★ Downloads:

Quote:

N910VVRU1BOAF ROOTED: N910VVRU1BOAF_ROOTED.7z
md5: 244f1bc0f050ab5f95f6dd5507beaf50

★ Credits:
Quote:

Quote:

Please PM me if I forgot to add proper credits for your work!

The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
9th May 2015, 05:43 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 509

More
MINE
9th May 2015, 05:46 AM |#3  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,889

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenbeals

MINE

lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app
9th May 2015, 05:57 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Now that instructions/details have been added, this post is obsolete.
9th May 2015, 06:00 AM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 19,188

More
Everything Pops...
I have to say, the spinning purple gifs, sparkling, scintillating, glitzy light effects, Facebook links, fonts of different sizes and colors...everything is just stunning.

It imbues a sense of solemnity, in subtle ways that bring ineffable joy.

This has got to be the best OP I've yet to see on these fine forums.

Thank you.

I cannot wait to see what ensues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift micmars Ad-Free
9th May 2015, 06:02 AM |#6  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhant0m

Anyone that's interested in root progress of the RETAIL edition of the Note 4 may stumble across more details of what exactly is "Under Testing..." elsewhere, but out of respect of your privacy/strategy, I won't quote it from there to here. I'm being intentionally vague because you obviously didn't want to show all your cards in this thread yet.

However, I am curious (since I can't post in dev threads... I have to ask here) what the prerequisites are for this. Must one start with a specific software release? Can one enjoy root on a KitKat ROM, or must one be on Lollipop to get root this way? Is kingroot required, or are you jacking the code to install supersu instead of their weird proprietary su? Will it work on the Note Edge as well? So many questions...

Really, my most important question is: Can I finally buy a Note 4/Edge?!?

I elieve he said it will use king root initially before autoatically installing su as well as youll have flashfire/multisytem with a prma rooted L rom.. im sure with flashfire/multisystem you guys will now be able to create custom roms probanly for kk as well

9th May 2015, 06:14 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

I have to say, the spinning purple gifs, sparkling, scintillating, glitzy light effects, Facebook links, fonts of different sizes and colors...everything is just stunning.

Don't listen to this guy... he trolled me like this back when I was on BajaROM. I almost forgot about the whole ordeal, since BajaROM has been completely off the map for updates. So long, in fact, that for a moment I thought it might have been back when I had an S3.

Anyway... we don't need any of his bad energy in this thread. Keep up the good work, @hsbadr. Stay professional.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrPhant0m For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrPhant0m Ad-Free
9th May 2015, 06:18 AM |#8  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Anyone that's interested in root progress of the RETAIL edition of the Note 4 may stumble across more details of what exactly is "Under Testing..." elsewhere, but out of respect of your privacy/strategy, I won't quote it from there to here. I'm being intentionally vague because you obviously didn't want to show all your cards in this thread yet.

However, I am curious (since I can't post in dev threads... I have to ask here) what the prerequisites are for this. Must one start with a specific software release? Can one enjoy root on a KitKat ROM, or must one be on Lollipop to get root this way? Is kingroot required, or are you jacking the code to install supersu instead of their weird proprietary su? Will it work on the Note Edge as well? So many questions...

Really, my most important question is: Can I finally buy a Note 4/Edge?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

It imbues a sense of solemnity, in subtle ways that bring ineffable joy.

This has got to be the best OP I've yet to see on these fine forums.

Thank you.

I cannot wait to see what ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

I elieve he said it will use king root initially before autoatically installing su as well as youll have flashfire/multisytem with a prma rooted L rom.. im sure with flashfire/multisystem you guys will now be able to create custom roms probanly for kk as well

Quote:

Don't listen to this guy... he trolled me like this back when I was on BajaROM. I almost forgot about the whole ordeal, since BajaROM has been completely off the map for updates. So long, in fact, that for a moment I thought it might have been back when I had an S3.

Anyway... we don't need any of his bad energy in this thread. Keep up the good work, @hsbadr. Stay professional.

Check OP for sketchy steps that will get revised while testing... just to give you an idea about what to expect!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
9th May 2015, 06:22 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsbadr

Check OP for sketchy steps that will get revised while testing... just to give you an idea about what to expect!

First step is "flash NJ6 full firmware..."

So, does this mean that firmware updates don't burn the path and plow salt into the fields like they do on the Note 3? That step implies that you can downgrade, unlike my Note 3.
9th May 2015, 06:23 AM |#10  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So, does this mean that firmware updates don't burn the path and plow salt into the fields like they do on the Note 3? That step implies that you can downgrade, unlike my Note 3.

lol yes.. ppl have been goin between L and kk since L has been out.. BL has yet to be incremented

The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2015, 06:25 AM |#11  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Note 4 bootloader wasn't incremented yet; you can go back & forth from NI1 to/from NJ6 to/from OAF. So, downgrade/upgrade is still safe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hsbadr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hsbadr Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lollipop, n910vvru1boaf, rom, root
Previous Thread Next Thread