MultiSystem is a powerful tool for locked- and unlocked-bootloader Android devices. it's used here to hijack the boot process & boot from a virtual ROOTED LP IMG in a 2nd EXT4 partition on the microSD card, that's independent on the physical system partition.
IMPROTANT INFORMATION: THE METHOD USED IN THIS THREAD IS SUCCESSFUL ON UNROOTED DEVELOPER EDITION WITHOUT USING A RECOVERY OR AUTO-ROOT - AND DOES NOT TRIP KNOX FLAG. FOR RETAIL EDITION, THE LOCKED BOOTLOADER SENDS A FLAG TO THE KERNEL TO WRITE PROTECT PARTITIONS INCLUDING SYSTEM.
POTENTIAL SOLUTION: BUILDING A KERNEL MODULE TO DISABLE WRITE PROTECTION AFTER PATCHING MEMORY TO BYPASS KERNEL MODULE VERIFICATION AND LOAD OUR UNSIGNED KERNEL MODULE – UTILIZING THE TEMPORARY ROOT ACCESS. WE ARE INVESTIGATING THIS SOLUTION. HOWEVER, IT MAY TAKE A LONG TIME AND IS NOT 100% GUARANTEED !
This service is FREE of charge, use it at your own risk, take it or leave it !
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
MultiSystem is a powerful tool and can perform potentially dangerous and/or destructive operations on your device and data that may affect your life. While it is unlikely to do irreversable damage to your device, it is not impossible, and you should proceed with caution. Loss of data and/or the need to re-flash a full stock (manufacturer-supplied) firmware IMGs (usually requiring a computer) is always a possibility, and is increasingly likely if you do not know what you are doing. It is possible to lose root access when using MultiSystem on locked-bootloader devices running unexpoitable (bu rooted) Android firmware, without careful reading of documentation or following the instructions. Please consult with expert users before performing actions you do not comprehend.
To devs: Please do not use/port MultiSystem to any other device. If you'd like to add support for your device, please contact me!
To users: This thread is only for DEVELOPMENT. If you need a place for general discussions, go to the Q&A thread.
- FLASH N910VVRU1ANJ5 Full Firmware, if needed
- PARTITION microSD into 2 PRIMARY partitions: FAT32 & EXT4
- ROOT via KingRoot: don't complete the installation, disconnect WiFi & close it after injecting su or when you see kinguser icon in app drawer !
- MOUNT rootfs & system read/write in Terminal Emulator
su mount -o remount,rw rootfs mount -o remount,rw /system
- INSTALL BusyBox to /system/xbin
- INSTALL MultiSystem v1.3.1
- UPDATE BusyBox by runnig the folowing commands in Terminal Emulator
su MultiSystem advanced update_busybox
- UNINSTALL KingRoot & all apps
- DOWNLOAD & extract N910VVRU1BOAF_ROOTED.7z on device
- ADD N910VVRU1BOAF_ROOTED.img to MultiSystem/img/system
- OPEN & MultiSystem app
- CLICK Update Configurations button
- ACTIVATE Virtual System using the switch
- SELECT N910VVRU1BOAF_ROOTED.img in Primary Virtual IMG
- REBOOT to Download Mode from MultiSystem app
- FLASH this for RetEd or this for DevEd via Odin
- ENTER stock recovery before it boots up
- WIPE data (Factory Reset)
- REBOOT to the active virtual ROM - You can stop here if you wish!
- WRITE the IMG to stock system partition /dev/block/mmcblk0p24
FOR DEVELOPER EDITION:
- @ChainFire - for SuperSU & FlashFire
- kingroot.net - for KingRoot
- @gatesjunior - for KingRoot heads up & testing
- @Tomsgt - for KingRoot heads up & creating a video tutorial
- All authors of binaries/libraries, source codes, or tutorials
Please PM me if I forgot to add proper credits for your work!