LED Case Review

Search This thread

THS1989

Dec 10, 2011
Hi guys, just snagged a led case off eBay . I was wondering if there's any app of hack to add extra features to the case ....like whatsapp notification etc.

Select whatsapp and other apps in Tesla Unread plugin (for Nova Launcher)

Any apps you select in tesla unread will make the LED cover do the 4 dot notification animation.

I have had this case for over a month now and it is awesome.

Reactions: gingerdude

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
Okay got my case , downloaded nova and tesla unread. All working perfectly, love the case.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
Hey guys is this case really worth 45$? I never spent this much on a case.. but I figured since I won't be changing my phone for a while( it may become addiction) changing phones every year sometimes. I would want to have it looking nicely,not too fat and somehow protected (covers screen) right now I am using TPU case which only covers the front when in use/not in use.

Also is there anyway to make it work with Action Launcher? I used to use nova but Action Launcher is better choice for me right now. Cheers.
I agree about the quality of the case, in my review I did mention that. It does not look tacky and although made from synthetic materials it does look very premium. I also own the S-View case with wireless charging. It's made from exactly the same materials but side by side the LED case somehow looks nicer and there is a certain pleasure in seeing those LED's light up. But I still maintain that it is too expensive. It cost me the same as the S-View case but comes with with less functionality.

The S-View case scores high because I can dial out and answer calls, take photographs, check my heart rate, see notifications in the notification bar, see the weather forecast, signal strength, turn on a torch and wirelessly charge my phone, ALL without even opening the cover. You certainly get more for your money.

I have been using the LED case for a while now, it looks great and I have grown to really like it. It is definitely worth considering if you accept its limitations. I would be considering it more worthy if it included the wireless charging element for the same price however.

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

That case looks awesome and very reasonably priced too. I am tempted to buy one but I already spent too much on cases recently. Let us know if you buy one and whether it's any good.

Were you able to find any review on it,video anything? I don't know this site it might some chinese site selling bunch of knock off cases.

Last edited:

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Were you able to find any review on it,video anything? I don't know this site it might some chinese site selling bunch of knock off cases.

I found a Youtube video of that Chinese case and it really looked bad. It seems that all it does is shows a full screen image behind the dots that don't align well at all. Pretty cheap looking.

I guess paying a premium price for the Samsung LED case does at least give you a premium case that looks and works perfectly. I have grown to love this case now to be honest.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

kjt57

Feb 29, 2008
Weston super Mare
Advice

Hi,

Have got the dot matrix case , not normally into customizing the fone normally keep it stock. Can you tell me if I have to change any settings on the fone to use the case, and will I be able to get notifications from Skype

Thanks

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Hi,

Have got the dot matrix case , not normally into customizing the fone normally keep it stock. Can you tell me if I have to change any settings on the fone to use the case, and will I be able to get notifications from Skype

Thanks

No you don't need to change any settings on your phone! For notifications other than calls and texts you will get an animated star display.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: kjt57

sam5154

Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys is this case really worth 45$? I never spent this much on a case.. but I figured since I won't be changing my phone for a while( it may become addiction) changing phones every year sometimes. I would want to have it looking nicely,not too fat and somehow protected (covers screen) right now I am using TPU case which only covers the front when in use/not in use.

Also is there anyway to make it work with Action Launcher? I used to use nova but Action Launcher is better choice for me right now. Cheers.

I got fooled and bought that. I didn't used it even for an hour. The screen is not aligned. actually it can not. get aligned simply because of bad fit. The worst part is that the app uses proximity sensor. so every time you are trying to pull down notification bar it triggers lockscreen, sets brightness to maximum and flashes the brightest light that AMOLED can generate. and god thats annoying.

Burginthorn

Oct 29, 2012
I've had my Samsung LED case for a bit and love it, but, flip cases have one major flaw imho, and that is the fact that they fall open. It can really be annoying when they open when you dont want them to.

That was until I added this: http://www.spigen.com/magnetic-clip-for-original-flip-cover-galaxy-s5-and-note-3-note-4.html to my case. Now its the best case I've ever owned.

It looks stylish, really adds to the cases bling factor imho, install is easily and it completely stops the case from falling opening - period. If you use the credit card slot, its a must have as it keeps the case closed nice and tight.

Anyway, hadn't seen it mentioned in the thread and thought I'd give peeps a heads up.

Cheers.

Reactions: Zoide_

THS1989

Dec 10, 2011
Just an update.

Almost 2 years later, it still works like new !!!!

I gave the phone away and am now using a Note 7. Flawless phone for me with Nova + Google Keyboard.

I also got the LED flip case for the Note 7. It's even better than the Note 4 one !!!

LED flip cover FTW!!!

mendiratta_nitin

Jun 7, 2011
Auckland
I need to buy LED Flap cover for my Note 4, can anyone suggest where I can buy one who can send it to New Zealand. Seems Samsung has stopped to make it and its not available in Samsung stores here in NZ !

Ardill

Jun 24, 2012
Don't worry about getting one. They're really fragile and way too expensive. The flextrack breaks, particularly if you bend the cover back on itself. Report of them breaking only after a few weeks. I got 8 months out of mine.

I pulled mine apart to see what was going on with it. I suspect the new ones are exactly the same.

Can't post links yet

photos.app.goo.gl/Zx34tbqt366M6Lf03
photos.app.goo.gl/zuPf1rYOmyf39Zj03

These are much better.
www[dot]samsung[dot]com/sa_en/mobile-accessories/s-view-wallet-en910-galaxy-note-4/EF-EN910FKEGWW/

ppiccasso

Jun 23, 2018
Hallo everybody, anyone knows where can I buy a new led case for my note 4?
It should be ok a mind condition used one, without scratches and with the leds working well

I've got 2 of the LED cases and 3 Note 4s (N910F) with 2 rooted and 1 still at stock. Although the cases still light up for the time and notifications they've stopped automatically turning the screen on when opened although they turn it off. I've tried each case on each Note 4 and checked the Accessories settings. It's a while since I used the cases so I'm not sure whether an update over the last year or so has stopped the screen turning on.

I also have a couple of the Mont Blanc flip cases and they turn the screen on and off correctly on all of them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wanted to do this sooner however, work commitments... Not Good!

So a few days, my LED Case turned up from Korea (Yes I had it imported due to the poor stock allowances on the Samsung Estore)
    I spent £55 to get it, however had £30 in Amazon Vouchers... So technically £25 including postage. I picked the Black one... (Charcoal Gray to be technically correct)
    It goes well with White in my opinion.

Bought from here;

Here

My General Review;
    First off lets get something straight here, The cases functionality compared to the HTC One M8 Dot View is some what limited.
    Imagine David and Goliath... David being Dot View Case... Well you get some idea.

This is a niche product, that's for sure and at that price, I expect better from Samsung. I feel like they are slowly turning into Apple with their overpriced accessories.
    HTC in my view priced the Dot View Case right for what it is.

I would like to have seen better quality material. Not the same that they are using on the normal flip wallet... ITs nearly £30 more then the Normal one and £15 more than the S-View Window.

On a bright side, It does have a nice feel to it regardless. Its not flimsy, it fits fine. It reacts as its supposed to and is great for telling when something is going on.
    It has passive and active notification systems. When you get a phone call, it'll tell you. When you have a Facebook / Whatsapp etc, 4 little lights will move about every 20 seconds or so....

I think its great for the aesthetics. Nothing more. I wish I could have shown you how it works but for your benefit, I have included 2 videos.

My own review below; & A video showing it in action.

Final Thoughts;
    I would Say 7/10. Its official, it works nicely. However for what it is, I would have wanted to pay less...

Pros;
    - Great Idea In Principal
    - Active & Passive Notification
    - Tight Fight Around Device
    - Wallet Slot

Cons
    - Pricey / Should Be Cheaper
    - Material Is Reasonable But Should Be Better For Price
    - Issue With Speaker Grill Being Covered (Could Be My Device Though)
    Yes!

All Done, Sorry about the delay

My NX300 is out of action for a few weeks, so had to improv :)
    link to where you bought please

Click the Red "Here" and itll take you there...
    My review

I received this case from Samsung yesterday and I have to say I have mixed feelings about it.

First off it's ridiculously expensive (£50) and you don't get too much for that cash. Don't get me wrong, it is of good build quality and it obviously fits the phone perfectly but it has a lot of drawbacks.

So, it looks pretty and it is cool to show off the very bright animated LEDs to those around you. It offers a neat solution to carry 2 credit cards (or a card with a bank note). It also protects the screen well. It shows basic notifications on the fly, so if you have some headphones on or are in a meeting/quiet place you can see any calls or text alerts. This is just an icon but it will say how many of each you missed. That's pretty much it.

The downsides are that in order to see the display later for missed events or the time, you need to either quickly flip open/close the case or tap the power button. Both of which will show you notifications and the time on the phone screen anyway, so it's a pointless gimmick. You also won't be able to answer a call from it, with the case closed (like the S-View case can) You also won't be able to take photo's with the case closed or folded right back (again like the S-View can) and you won't be able to use wireless charging (you could buy a wireless receiver but you would need to hack it about in order for it to work)

Compared to the HTC offering it looks more premium but lacks usefulness.

So whilst this cover is all about "Bling", and that might appeal to you, it represents poor value for money compared to the S-View case for example.
    Hi guys, just snagged a led case off eBay . I was wondering if there's any app of hack to add extra features to the case ....like whatsapp notification etc.

Select whatsapp and other apps in Tesla Unread plugin (for Nova Launcher)

Any apps you select in tesla unread will make the LED cover do the 4 dot notification animation.

I have had this case for over a month now and it is awesome.