FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 4 variants have different Camera Sensor!

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

By SAVVAS., Senior Member on 11th October 2014, 12:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th October 2014, 02:35 PM |#41  
Mine is N910C which is Exynos edition. I just check mine, it is different.

So i believe different camera module is use.

Here some night shoot just taken. All auto mode. I am impress with the result.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrewtst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Andrewtst Ad-Free

17th October 2014, 02:46 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I felt that there is some slight jelly (rolling shutter) effect while recording video on the Snapdragon variant.

Anyone noticed it too?
18th October 2014, 04:21 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Sorry for this question my friends.. Exist TWRP for Sm-910T? Thanks for the advice!

S5 G900-T for Tapatalk Pro!
19th October 2014, 12:54 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
So has anyone been able to confirm an actual difference between cameras in the two models? Other than the reported ISP version?
1st November 2014, 11:57 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codebeard

So has anyone been able to confirm an actual difference between cameras in the two models? Other than the reported ISP version?

you have your answer in this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=44

note 4 exynos or snap have the same sensor

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewtst

Mine is N910C which is Exynos edition. I just check mine, it is different.

So i believe different camera module is use.

Here some night shoot just taken. All auto mode. I am impress with the result.

Sony (S - underlined), and the manufacturer ISP - SLSI (L). Also screenshot with my program, which can determine all the service information for pictures taken with the device

and why an ISP written version S5K2P2 - so just because the kernel Samsung has not appended (see code kernel.. always will be "SLSI_S5K2P2_FIMC_IS"

check in phone/cam FW ver check..
The Following User Says Thank You to Braulio00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Braulio00 Ad-Free
2nd November 2014, 12:35 AM |#46  
England
Thanks Meter: 562

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVVAS.

Well according to this site Exynos version has different Camera sensor than Snapdragon. Specifically,Exynos uses a Samsung based sensor "SLSI_S5K2P2" whereas SD uses Sony based sensor "IMX240". Also it says that historically, Exynos camera Sensors were superior to Snapdragon's!
If anyone is interested in checking/verifying the sensor then open the dialer app and type the following number *#34971539#, choose ISP Ver Check.

This is the reason I stopped buying samsung phones after my S4. I had the exynos with a great camera and wife had the snapdragon with the not so great camera. It's a low light issue and exynos units always produce better photos with their sensors for whatever w
Reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to ipmanwck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ipmanwck Ad-Free
2nd November 2014, 04:03 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipmanwck

This is the reason I stopped buying samsung phones after my S4. I had the exynos with a great camera and wife had the snapdragon with the not so great camera. It's a low light issue and exynos units always produce better photos with their sensors for whatever w
Reason.

you dont read this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=44

note 4 exynos or snapdragon have the same sensor.. the differents is in the kernel of samsung. this kernel dont read the imx240 like the snapdragon read but is the same sensor. Read the link
The Following User Says Thank You to Braulio00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Braulio00 Ad-Free
20th November 2014, 11:16 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
So same sensors but Exynos chip has a much better image processing than the snapdragon?
21st November 2014, 10:25 AM |#49  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Madurai-Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7,060

Donate to Me
More
anyone having the imx240 data/spec sheet? couldnt find it anywhere
27th November 2014, 12:32 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
This again:

Galaxy Note 4 with Exynos 7 Octa SoC uses Samsung ISOCELL camera sensor, not the Sony IMX240

Having this in mind, one might wonder whether the two Galaxy Note 4 models take photos of identical quality, or one of them is better than the other. We asked ourselves the same thing so we did a quick investigation on the two cameras' performance. Expect the results soon!
27th November 2014, 12:57 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Emix*

This again:

Galaxy Note 4 with Exynos 7 Octa SoC uses Samsung ISOCELL camera sensor, not the Sony IMX240

Having this in mind, one might wonder whether the two Galaxy Note 4 models take photos of identical quality, or one of them is better than the other. We asked ourselves the same thing so we did a quick investigation on the two cameras' performance. Expect the results soon!

As I said. Pako777 was wrong
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...isons-t2900601
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)