128GB Micro-SD possible?

Search This thread

stoatwblr

Sep 12, 2011
. Only thing I was hoping for was 64gb of int storage or maybe even 128. Manufacturers need to start stepping up int storage, this nickel & dime crap is lame. Never have enough int storage. Getting mine in white.

Ditto on ram.

3Gb doesn't go far when you're using a device to do "everything" and it's going to even less distance in a 64-bit environment (Each instruction word takes double the memory)

That said I'm reasonably happy with my N4 and it should last until the SGS9 comes out (Based on having lasted this lone with my SGS2) - hopefully by then Sammy will see the light and produce a true "world phone" which can handle gsm/cdma/ucdma/lite on all bands

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

get the 128gb - space is better than speed.

More to the point, there's no point in going faster than the device can read/write.

Does anyone know what the actual capability of the N4 is?

hadrych08

Feb 8, 2015
need help

I have a Samsung galaxy Note 4. I've purchased every 128gb micro SD card ebay has an note 1 of them will work for me.... what the heck??? Purchase a lot of movies from Google play the best card I've bought that works is a 62gb... I have it an my 32gb already FILLED need more SPACE.... someone plz help

guruleenyc

Aug 6, 2010
CT
My 128gb SD card has been working for a few months without issue. But just this week I got 'sd card safe to remove' and this happens at boot now with no access to card. However, card works on PC fine... Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

planb234

Oct 19, 2012
Murica, USA
I was reading dfferent information about that so far.
Is it possible to use the 128GB Micro-SD Card on the Note 4, like it is on the S5?
Thanks!

It functions in mine. I read am article that sad 200gb works but I've only personally seen it happen with the 128gb.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Look at it this way. Anything the S5 can do the Note 4 can do better. There wasn't a whole lot of upgrade between the S5 and S4. With the amount of people who have the S4 I could actually get the S4 to perform better. That only left the slightly larger screen on the S5 and the much cheaper case. Leave it to samsung to put 700 dollars of hardware in a two dollar case. As far as performance goes I did only have the Verizon version of the S5. If it was from a little less malicious company it may have ran with the shutting sprint s4.

METAL MILITIA™

Dec 13, 2018
At the time Samsung was creating the spec sheet for the note 4, the 64gb micro SD card was probably the largest card available at that time, as the 128gb cards maybe had not been released to the public or were still under development.

From a marketing point, why say the device will hold a card larger then what's currently available.
People go out and buy what's specified by the spec sheet, then possibly buy the bigger card when its released too.
If I bought the device and it said up to 128gb, I would go and try to buy one. If not released yet, I would wait for it rather then buy the 64gb card now. So in my opinion, its not in their best interest to specify the maximum capacity supported. And I'm sure they have made a lot of money by doing this.

Uncle Mark

Jul 30, 2018
Brooklyn, New York
Works on mine

I was reading dfferent information about that so far.
Is it possible to use the 128GB Micro-SD Card on the Note 4, like it is on the S5?
Thanks!

I'm using a Samsung EVO Plus 128 GB in mine. I formatted it in the phone (exFAT). Works great. I've had it nearly full at times. It was around $30 USD.
For reference, I have the N910 on T-Mobile running stock ROM (N910TTMB2EQI2) rooted.

ozzyboy

Apr 12, 2009
Constanta
I have 256GB microSD(samsung evo+) on note 4, and works fine...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-19-00-01-32.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-19-00-01-32.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Reactions: Labamba86

Top Liked Posts