190 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By xda rocks, Senior Member on 3rd September 2014, 07:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2014, 02:10 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Dual SIM N9100
I just bought the Dual SIM N9100 model in Shanghai. I feel I made a terrible mistake because I'm not sure a root will ever be released for this model, preventing me from ever using Google Play, where I have purchased all my software on.

If you don't need to use Google Play at all and have invested in another marketplace available in China (like Samsung's), then this phone is great. Otherwise, wait until Chainfire maybe provides a root. He did for the N9106W China model, but that's not dual sim I think.
9th October 2014, 01:25 PM |#12  
Flag Halong Bay
Thanks Meter: 916

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harb2

I just bought the Dual SIM N9100 model in Shanghai. I feel I made a terrible mistake because I'm not sure a root will ever be released for this model, preventing me from ever using Google Play, where I have purchased all my software on.

If you don't need to use Google Play at all and have invested in another marketplace available in China (like Samsung's), then this phone is great. Otherwise, wait until Chainfire maybe provides a root. He did for the N9106W China model, but that's not dual sim I think.

As listed on xda, N9106W, N9100, N9109W are dual sim variant. But now you said N9106W is not. Could you confirm again by a source? Tks
9th October 2014, 01:47 PM |#13  

More
N9106W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanr Zij

As listed on xda, N9106W, N9100, N9109W are dual sim variant. But now you said N9106W is not. Could you confirm again by a source? Tks

Sorry, I was uncertain when first checking as another source didn't explicitly list that model as dual sim. However, after double-checking, it is indeed a dual SIM model. Thx.
9th October 2014, 08:19 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Hi, thanks for sharing.
Some questions for you.
What is exact model number for the Dual sim note 4?
Is both sim supporting GSM And 3G or LTE?
Is it full active sim as the note 3 n9002?
Any site recommend to buy from? And how much?
Could you please give some more information about the device also pic of sim slots.
Thanks
10th October 2014, 02:43 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by copysat

Hi, thanks for sharing.
Some questions for you.
What is exact model number for the Dual sim note 4?
Is both sim supporting GSM And 3G or LTE?
Is it full active sim as the note 3 n9002?
Any site recommend to buy from? And how much?
Could you please give some more information about the device also pic of sim slots.
Thanks

i live in china and i can tell u the model number is N9100 and remember this version only 16Gb Internal Memory..not 32Gb like others..and the battery is not 3220mAh it's only 3000mAh
both sim support GSM only, but only the 1st sim can support 4G, the other is only support 3G (but some people said it only support 2G)
what do u mean by full active sim?unlocked?yes it is unlocked version
if u are inside china it's easy to buy the n9100 version, it cost around 5399 yuan..(estimated around $878 in my city)
this is the information about the phone (it in chinese but i think u get the most of it )

hope this useful for u
The Following User Says Thank You to liquidz17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift liquidz17 Ad-Free
10th October 2014, 05:48 PM |#16  

More
Thanks for useful information
Dual sim active means you call and receive call at the same time from both numbers (you can call your self from sim one to sim 2) if its one at the time that's called standby.
10th October 2014, 06:19 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

Thanks for useful information
Dual sim active means you call and receive call at the same time from both numbers (you can call your self from sim one to sim 2) if its one at the time that's called standby.

no problem..glad to help...well yea..you basically can use both numbers..
11th October 2014, 06:06 AM |#18  

More
Thanks
Well i ve read in some sites that note 4 is standby, that's mean when you have active call in sim one sim 2 will not receive calls, and they can't call them self.
Could you please confirm that?
11th October 2014, 06:11 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidz17

i live in china and i can tell u the model number is N9100 and remember this version only 16Gb Internal Memory..not 32Gb like others..and the battery is not 3220mAh it's only 3000mAh
both sim support GSM only, but only the 1st sim can support 4G, the other is only support 3G (but some people said it only support 2G)
what do u mean by full active sim?unlocked?yes it is unlocked version
if u are inside china it's easy to buy the n9100 version, it cost around 5399 yuan..(estimated around $878 in my city)
this is the information about the phone (it in chinese but i think u get the most of it )

hope this useful for u

Has anyone had success rooting the N9100?
11th October 2014, 06:51 AM |#20  

More
Quote:

Has anyone had success rooting the N9100?

yeah..the chinese forum said they already rooted the device, and they also have custom recovery for that already check the link below

http://www.netded.com/a/jingpinshouj...001/29296.html

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Quote:

Thanks
Well i ve read in some sites that note 4 is standby, that's mean when you have active call in sim one sim 2 will not receive calls, and they can't call them self.
Could you please confirm that?

yeah..i just searched it..and yes..when you have active call in sim 1, sim 2 cannot receive calls, so u must use call forwarding when that happen to sim 1, vice versa. and yeah they can't call themself.
The Following User Says Thank You to liquidz17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift liquidz17 Ad-Free
11th October 2014, 06:54 AM |#21  

More
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I already found that one and tried several times. The CWM recovery installs well, but when trying to install the root zip file suggested, I get a Status 255 error.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
edge dual sim, note 4, note 4 dual sim, note edge

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)