FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Marshmallow 6.0.1 Ports Data Fixes N910T, N910W, N910V & N910P

3,372 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,285

By louforgiveno, Senior Member on 16th May 2016, 04:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All. Some of you may have ran my Data Fix for 5.1.1......welcome back !!
I flashed a S7 Edge rom recently followed by a data fix I found here on xda and while it worked it replaced the "New" shiny power menu with the same lollipop menu we all know, that inspired me to craft my own that would give me signal and retain the new power menu. Well after many hours and 20 plus reboots I did it. (BTW the following day the Dev of the rom I flashed posted their own fix and now I'm using theirs) However this one worked fine for me on that rom his data fix was tailored to the rom so why not. However as I said mine worked fine to and is working for many others as well so I figured I'd localize a thread.
So normal rules apply here....at your own risk......make back-ups if you feel uneasy ETC

The "basic" MM datafix will work for N910T and N910W (awaiting more confirmation)
and the Verizon datafix for the N910V (Not sure of other devices yet)

It'd be nice to have people linked to this page to grab the fix but not a demand, perhaps a mention and a tap on the thanks button.

*Note T-Mobile users your signal will report 4G instead of 4G LTE. It is however truly 4G.

Thanks to @chappatti for testing Verizon fix and for providing customer.xml

N910V v2
posted (what's new)
***Replaced apns-conf file with one that contains Verizon networks****
It will either act just as the first one did or it will be better !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160520-093855.jpg
Views:	8658
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	3756824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160515-150748.png
Views:	8630
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	3756825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160515-150757.png
Views:	8488
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	3756826  
Attached Files
File Type: zip LouForgiveNo_N910T_MM_Data_Fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.71 MB, 6538 views)
File Type: zip LouForgiveNo_N910V_MM_Data_Fix_V2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.71 MB, 5654 views)
The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to louforgiveno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift louforgiveno Ad-Free

16th May 2016, 04:42 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
July 2016 update....

Small update
N910T (still on 5.1.1 Bootloader, use this new datafix with S7edge ports that still use the 5.1.1 base)
N910V (upgraded to 6.0.1 Bootloader, use this datafix (It seems this fix may be causing application menu to disappear from settings, I'm not sure can't confirm.

***update I have removed the build.prop from the n910V datafix till the issue can be determined.....datafix may workfine without it on many roms)

Once again enjoy this small update
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to louforgiveno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift louforgiveno Ad-Free
16th May 2016, 04:43 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Ok this DataFix is made specifically for Nameless Rom (Most likely will work on other roms too ymmv)
2 versions: one for the N910T, N910V and one for N910P
Hope this fixes and issues a few people reported
Enjoy
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to louforgiveno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift louforgiveno Ad-Free
16th May 2016, 03:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm using Note 4 verizon N910V
Can you give me any MM rom work with my N910V & your data fix?
16th May 2016, 04:44 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netti290

I'm using Note 4 verizon N910V
Can you give me any MM rom work with my N910V & your data fix?

Maybe a Verizon user can pitch in....cause i really don't know....but hey try them all...or at least a specific one you want to try and apply the fix....
Please update with your findings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to louforgiveno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift louforgiveno Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 01:08 AM |#6  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 806

More
Thank you very much @louforgiveno I'm a big fan of your work. I will try your data fix. (BTW) I'm on the same rom like you now and it's true that I've flashed another data fix and I've lost the beautiful Power menu. Thank you very much sir for your hard work and dedication. Have a nice day my friend.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to semakawa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift semakawa Ad-Free
18th May 2016, 02:51 AM |#7  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 806

More
It's working on international S7Edge roms. I've tried 2 roms and it works in both roms. Thank you very much my friend.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to semakawa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift semakawa Ad-Free
18th May 2016, 02:59 AM |#8  
Flag Timmonsville
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by semakawa

It's working on international S7Edge roms. I've tried 3 roms and it works in both roms. Thank you very much my friend.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It works on Nameless V3 too bud. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to noob4598 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noob4598 Ad-Free
18th May 2016, 05:18 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Version 2 Verizon MM Port datafix Posted in OP

(what's new)
***Replaced apns-conf file with one that contains Verizon networks****
It will either act just as the first one did or it will be better !!

*****Also added Verizon MM3 Rom datafix in Post 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to louforgiveno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift louforgiveno Ad-Free
19th May 2016, 05:50 PM |#10  
Flag Timmonsville
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob4598

It works on Nameless V3 too bud. Thanks

I also had the issue with power menu on Nameless V3. I was using Ael 10.3 kernel though. Thanks for the hard work bud. Keep us posted if you come across the power menu fix I was thinking it might have been our lack of MM BL... If a little info helps.....there was also a problem with Nameless V6 and V7 reboot menu. There was a fix that had to be flashed in order to get it to work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=94

Sorry I actually posted this earlier from xda labs and it posted it on the other data fix thread. Haha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noob4598 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noob4598 Ad-Free
19th May 2016, 06:32 PM |#11  
Flag BraveFort
Thanks Meter: 5,967

Donate to Me
More
i want to congratulate on your work here il link to this thread for t mobil users
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Er. Aditya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Er. Aditya Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
data fix, datafix, marshmallow 6.0.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)