FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

com.facebook.appmanager

4,920 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,009

By henklbr, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 26th October 2014, 08:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Today, above app was suddenly installed on my Note 4!

What purpose has this app and have more Note 4-users this app on his/her phone?

Can you check (please) in your app-manager (all files)?

26th October 2014, 10:22 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by henklbr

Today, above app was suddenly installed on my Note 4!

What purpose has this app and have more Note 4-users this app on his/her phone?

Can you check (please) in your app-manager (all files)?

It's in the firmware already. There's a few apps like this pre installed
31st October 2014, 05:21 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
But why is it using data? I disabled facebook and have never used it yet this is running and according to data usage has also consumed 59MiB of background data!?
31st October 2014, 06:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkriirkE

But why is it using data? I disabled facebook and have never used it yet this is running and according to data usage has also consumed 59MiB of background data!?

Just disable it...
4th November 2014, 02:33 AM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedmond

Just disable it...

All options to do so are greyed out. It accumulates about 500KiB of storage and network data a day despite the actual app being disabled (and not once ever being launched ) the only thing I can do is clear the storage data.

This really bothers me.
4th November 2014, 08:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 632

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkriirkE

All options to do so are greyed out. It accumulates about 500KiB of storage and network data a day despite the actual app being disabled (and not once ever being launched ) the only thing I can do is clear the storage data.

This really bothers me.

Seems you don't have root. But if you did then you'd have a few options eg uninstall, freeze. I can hear your frustration! Root!
5th November 2014, 05:33 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeny80

Seems you don't have root. But if you did then you'd have a few options eg uninstall, freeze. I can hear your frustration! Root!

Correct; AFAIK the N910A Note 4 has yet to be rooted...
6th November 2014, 06:55 PM |#8  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thats what i did. Rooted and uninstalled along with other built in apps i dont use.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
22nd October 2015, 10:54 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Answer to facebook services on Andriod
I recently upgraded to the Galaxy S6, and wanted to remove any of the bloatware on the device. I disabled the FB app first, since I don't use it on any of my mobile devices. I then came across the com.facebook.appmanager and com.facebook.system applications listed under the application manager on the device. I first stopped and uninstalled the two apps, but I found that they both will update on their own over wi-fi once it's connected. I can't disable the two apps as that option is greyed out. I believe the answer to this is in the permissions of the appmanager stating that it may
1: Download files without notification
2: full network access
3: run at startup

Curiously after I have attempted to kill the app on any occasion that I'm using the device, I received an email from FB stating that they're sorry that I'm having trouble getting into my account. So, in conclusion, the apps must be gathering data (at least all configured email accounts) from the device and sending it to FB. Once FB identifies that an email address on the device matches an email account in their database, it sends the email. Looks like my next step is to root the device.

Galaxy S6 128 Gb on T-mobile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ctexman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ctexman Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 06:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
tried removing it using titanium backup
i tried removing this in my note 4 using titanium backup. sad to say it is making my auto rotate functionality unusable. it took me half day troubleshooting and identifying whats making auto rotate faulty. Why does Samsung loves bloatware? Its making me frustrated as i want to stay on touchwiz but it has so many bloatware. I dont want to go on other roms as majority of them are buggy. Does anybody know any solution with my problem? I dont want any freeze/disable solution pls.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussian87

Thats what i did. Rooted and uninstalled along with other built in apps i dont use.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

sawdoctor
25th January 2016, 10:54 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArixS

i tried removing this in my note 4 using titanium backup. sad to say it is making my auto rotate functionality unusable. it took me half day troubleshooting and identifying whats making auto rotate faulty. Why does Samsung loves bloatware? Its making me frustrated as i want to stay on touchwiz but it has so many bloatware. I dont want to go on other roms as majority of them are buggy. Does anybody know any solution with my problem? I dont want any freeze/disable solution pls.....

I've heard about this before in a different thread. It's something to do with a lib that's in the app. Try renaming the apk to bak see if that works, might keep the lib

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)