It works just fine, but I haven't created any themes yet as the qmg to png converters that are available blow up the images. Once I find the right scale, themes will be forth coming. I wanted to make this available to Note 4 & DN4 users and other themers, so here it is:
(AC THEMER MODULE IS ATTACHED AT BOTTOM)
From the Original thread HERE
Well, I would like to share my experimental xposed module called AIR COMMAND THEMER. As the name suggests, it is a module to easily apply themes for air command without flashing, just installing themes like any apk. You can even sell your themes on the Play Store if you like. As it is an xposed module, it requires and runs on the Xposed Framework by @rovo89 so make sure you already have xposed working.
Air Command Themer
For themes, see post attachments below.
REQUIREMENTS: Rooted Note 3, working Xposed framework and knowledge with activating xposed modules
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the module and install, activate in Xposed Installer. (don't need to reboot just yet)
2. Install some themes. I made some sample themes below courtesy of our friend @sibinn. (I will post a HOW-TO on making apk themes later)
3. Open Air Command Themer and make sure the installed themes are listed. Select and apply a theme.
5. Test. (For now, you need to do at least a soft reboot whenever you change theme. I am still trying to figure out how to do it without rebooting everytime)
6. I would appreciate your feedback/opinion/suggestion so I can fix what is not working if I can and so I can make it better.
GREAT COLLECTION OF THEMES - Thanks to @sibin & @FootSlave
Themes are just normal apks with all the replacement images/pngs and with added meta-data : "aircommand.THEME" inserted in the apk's AndroidManifest.xml for the Themer app to recognize and load a theme.
REQUEST: If you made a theme, I would appreciate it if you could share it in the forum for others as well. I myself am not a themer, so I could use some good themes.
HOW TO FOR NOOBS:
For noobs who don't know how to use apktool or similar tools, the simplest way to put your own designs/themes is open any of the pre-compiled themes with 7zip (don't extract, just open) and navigate to /res/drawable-xxhdpi or /res/drawable-xhdpi folder and replace the images/png files with your own. Of course, make sure you maintain the same filenames and also image size/resolution. And just install the theme like a normal app.
Below I attached some pre-compiled themes. They all contain the same default theme and named numerically. Just download theme, pick any one of them and follow the noob instruction above. (About 10 precompiled themes for now but I will add more later).
Pre-Compiled Air Command Themes Set 1
Pre-Compiled Air Command Themes Set 2
HOW TO FOR THE NOT-SO NOOB:
Requirement: Knowledge on how to decompile/recompile apks
Tools: Apktool/ZipSigner or ApkMultitool or ApkManager, Notepad++
1. Decompile any of the ready-made or precompiled themes.
2. Open AndroidManifest.xml and edit the packagename. Make sure it is unique for every theme so there is no conflict when you install the theme.
HUGE thanks to @xperiacle for his hard work & keeping us updated!
For Lollipop Roms, use the newest themer module attached (Note 4 Lollipop AC themer)
Thanks and Enjoy!